How do you approach Training on PCT ?

limitless3679

limitless3679

Awards
Eg. Deload ? Hitting pct tomorrow, did a full upper body workout, don't know whether to leave legs til friday or tomorrow..

My routine is

Mon-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Tues-Legs/Back/Biceps/Abs
REST
Thurs-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Friday-Legs/Back/Biceps/Abs
REST
REST

I did each bodypart x1 week on the first week of pct last cycle

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I go light the first week then get heavy again. Your first week you will have high cortisol levels and low test levels.

TLW

TLW

Awards
I keep the same intensity I always do, in my opinion it helps with not losing the strength gains from your cycle. However many would argue to start off light until your natural test kicks back in to gear.

G

gymguy21

Awards
I keep the same intensity I always do, in my opinion it helps with not losing the strength gains from your cycle. However many would argue to start off light until your natural test kicks back in to gear.
I understand keeping the intensity up during pct but my question is, does your strength stay up or even keep increasing or does it go down some from when you were on cycle?

TLW

TLW

Awards
I just finished a cycle of super dmz 2.0 and I'm on week 2 of pct training the exact same way I was while I was on cycle. And strength gains are pretty much all still there, not saying I'm as strong as I was on cycle but overall the strength has stayed.

G

gymguy21

Awards
Good go hear I'm getting ready for my sdrol/stano bulk and just wanted a little in site as what to kind of expect as far as strength in pct . I've only ever ran hdrol before

TLW

TLW

Awards
You won't be disappointed with sd strength gains at all I can promise you that.

G

gymguy21

Awards
Yeah I've read many threads saying that sd strength gains are awesome I just didn't know how awesome :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I deload for the first week and will occasionally do it on the second week depending on how long my cycle was and my phase of training.

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
Good thread, interested in hearing different opinions on this

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
Yep
It depends on what u cycled. If ur shut down u can do some damage lifting to often or to heavey
How about on a typical hdrol or epi cycle? How shutdown would you be after 6 weeks?

murk01

murk01

Awards
How about on a typical hdrol or epi cycle? How shutdown would you be after 6 weeks?
It all depends on u. Epi is not as harsh but its also a long cycle. The longer the cycle the more time recovery might take.

but 6 weeks epi with proper pct should b fairly snappy. I wouldnt take time out the gym, but i would do 3 day split on/off/on and increase recovery time between sets.

That being said, i only have expereince with SD and my next cycle i dont plan on taking it easy at all. I will do 3 day split, eat more, rest more, no cardio, but will only deload 10-20% from on cycle then plan on bringing it back up quickly. 5%a week.

U dont wont to tear , pull, strain muscles to much if ur shut, u wont have propper hormone bal to repair

limitless3679

limitless3679

Awards
Good go hear I'm getting ready for my sdrol/stano bulk and just wanted a little in site as what to kind of expect as far as strength in pct . I've only ever ran hdrol before
Cycled Sdrol twice, First time I kept a gain off around 16lbs on bench by the end of pct. w/25 odd lbs ON (w/creatine)

Noticed some strength gains the first week of pct too. (keep in mind I had two teeth removed on pct, didn't train properly a few times)

My second sdrol cycle my strength gains didn't go up much, only around 16lbs. (no creatine)

Talking of-course from db/bb benchpress. Legs just f*cking exploded, made my sore knees even worse. OHP improved by 25lbs too.