Getting back into lifting. This for me?

prodigy1290

Awards
Been lifting for close to 4 years OFF and ON... Recently took about a year 1/2 off from the gym. Went a few times in between. Just havn't had the motivation to get back into it.

Anyways, I just started lifting again and have been thinking about doing a cycle in a few months once I start getting some muscle memory back. Just want something to help kick start myself into this next year and to improve my current physique. Was thinking about just doing h-drol once for 5 weeks and see how that goes. Of course ill do some research once I decide. Suggestions? Is it too early for someone like myself to look into something like h drol? I'm turning 23 in 2 months. 5' 10, 183 pounds. Always been a real hard gainer. Athletic. I have lost tons of weight ever since I left the gym. Not trying to get super big. Just want to gain a few pounds of muscle.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry for posting a noob thread, but just wanted to hear your opinions.

Thanks.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I would say you're not ready my man. Plus being as young as you are I just wouldn't. What's gonna happen is you're gonna gain then probably lose it then quit the gym out of frustration. I'd get all the natural gains I could at your age get on a proven system ( not Ronnie Coleman's guide to Mr. Olympia ) something like 5/3/1 for about two years and in the meantime research research research. Good luck bro hope this helps.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Don't do it. You obviously don't have the long term dedication looking at your past. Just my observation.... sorry if that's not what you want to hear.

prodigy1290

Awards
Thanks brahs! Appreciate the opinions.

I used to go to the gym consistently. Hurt my back deadlifting, and ever since I haven't had the energy to go back and get my strength back. Kind of ruined lifitng for me. But I will get back into it!

Thanks again guys.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Thanks brahs! Appreciate the opinions.

I used to go to the gym consistently. Hurt my back deadlifting, and ever since I haven't had the energy to go back and get my strength back. Kind of ruined lifitng for me. But I will get back into it!

Thanks again guys.
No problem man. Check simplyshredded.com for some natural workout routines like Layne Nortons stuff or German volume training.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya stay natty for a while. Make sure the dedication is there. No point in putting your body through hell with a cycle if you are in it for the long haul.