PCT Advice

  1. New Member
    BradyTP09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    33
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    59.7%

    I am 4 weeks into a test cycle, my testes have shrunk a lot and I was nervous so I did some research. Using hcg would help that a bit and also speed up the recovery, but I'm only running a 12 week cycle so I don't see it to be necessary. I've been taking 20mg nolva every other day during cycle. I'm just confused whether or not I should just hold off and take the nolva for pct or continue what I'm doing. Is the teste shrinkage an issue? Little advice please....

  2. New Member
    numbaonecf25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    277
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    60.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by BradyTP09
    I am 4 weeks into a test cycle, my testes have shrunk a lot and I was nervous so I did some research. Using hcg would help that a bit and also speed up the recovery, but I'm only running a 12 week cycle so I don't see it to be necessary. I've been taking 20mg nolva every other day during cycle. I'm just confused whether or not I should just hold off and take the nolva for pct or continue what I'm doing. Is the teste shrinkage an issue? Little advice please....
    This is research that should have been done on your part before you ever considered running this!
  3. Senior Member
    JoeBrooklyn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,185
    Rep Power
    344829
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    61.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    What are the specifics of your cycle? Personally i have never had that issue on a test cycle. Are you running anything else?
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Rhadam's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,829
    Rep Power
    623410
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    96.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BradyTP09 View Post
    I am 4 weeks into a test cycle, my testes have shrunk a lot and I was nervous so I did some research. Using hcg would help that a bit and also speed up the recovery, but I'm only running a 12 week cycle so I don't see it to be necessary. I've been taking 20mg nolva every other day during cycle. I'm just confused whether or not I should just hold off and take the nolva for pct or continue what I'm doing. Is the teste shrinkage an issue? Little advice please....

    First, obviously they will shrink when they're not needed. That's not something to really worry about. You can use hcg if you want, it can help. Second, why are you taking nolva EOD lol? Do you have gyno? Are you feeling like you are getting gyno? The answer to those questions i'm guessing are both no. So you shouldn't be using Nolva on cycle.

    You have no clue what you're doing, you shouldn't be using AAS. You need months more research and planning before doing something like this. This is why AAS users get a bad rap.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Ask me about Reload. Free SNS for your labels
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  5. New Member
    bigharleyb's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    54.26%

    Lay off the nolva, look into an a.i. if you might need it due estrogen sides (puffy nips, etc.). Don't worry about the nutz, just a side from your body not producing its own test, they will come back. Research torem and or clomid for pct.
  6. New Member
    BradyTP09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    33
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    59.7%

    Thanks for the advice, and no I'm not an idiot, I did do a lot of research, some monster at the gym told me to run the nolva during the cycle so I took his word for it. Its a simple sust 12 weeker, not something to get all crazy over, trying to add a little mass to push me through a platou period. I'm getting good gains with a strict diet, was just a little put off by the ball shrinkage, but I guess it will be fine. Thanks
  7. Senior Member
    Rhadam's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,829
    Rep Power
    623410
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    96.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BradyTP09 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, and no I'm not an idiot, I did do a lot of research, some monster at the gym told me to run the nolva during the cycle so I took his word for it. Its a simple sust 12 weeker, not something to get all crazy over, trying to add a little mass to push me through a platou period. I'm getting good gains with a strict diet, was just a little put off by the ball shrinkage, but I guess it will be fine. Thanks
    From my experiences the bigger the guy the less knowledge of most everything. If you did a lot of research you would have known when nolva is necessary on cycle. You didn't, so you took his word for it. That's fine, now you know. I'm simply being harsh because AAS is serious business, you can seriously fuk yourself up. It's not to be toyed with.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Ask me about Reload. Free SNS for your labels
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  8. Elite Member
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,226
    Rep Power
    4580670
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    26.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nolva as an ai is kind of oldschool; there are better options - even Erase really. Always heard HCG for anything longer than 8wks is where it's at. That part could just be bro-science, but I know guys who swear on it for their 14-weekers of test e + goodies.

    12 is a good length of time man, that's 3 months you're keeping your nuts on the bench.
  9. New Member
    alpinecoach's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    1012
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    61.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde
    Nolva as an ai is kind of oldschool; there are better options - even Erase really. Always heard HCG for anything longer than 8wks is where it's at. That part could just be bro-science, but I know guys who swear on it for their 14-weekers of test e + goodies.

    12 is a good length of time man, that's 3 months you're keeping your nuts on the bench.
    NOLVA is not an AI, it does not inhibit aromataze at all. It is an anti estrogen that blocks binding to tissue like breast tissue, hence the reason it is used for Gyno. You will not get Gyno using this, but you will not control your E2 level either.

    My personal experience is to use both. You need to be really careful with AI's, because if you get your E2 to low, you will kill your libido and your energy will be crushed. You need to find the sweet spot for YOUR body. For me, it's 10mg NOLVA daily, and .25mg/2x week of Adex. Again, every body is different, you need to find YOUR sweet spot.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  10. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8933
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    89.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alpinecoach

    NOLVA is not an AI, it does not inhibit aromataze at all. It is an anti estrogen that blocks binding to tissue like breast tissue, hence the reason it is used for Gyno. You will not get Gyno using this, but you will not control your E2 level either.

    My personal experience is to use both. You need to be really careful with AI's, because if you get your E2 to low, you will kill your libido and your energy will be crushed. You need to find the sweet spot for YOUR body. For me, it's 10mg NOLVA daily, and .25mg/2x week of Adex. Again, every body is different, you need to find YOUR sweet spot.
    You do realize AI stands for Aromatase inhibitor. AI is the same thing as an anti estrogen.
    Nolva is a SERM which is a lot different
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  11. New Member
    alpinecoach's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    1012
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    61.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington

    You do realize AI stands for Aromatase inhibitor. AI is the same thing as an anti estrogen.
    Nolva is a SERM which is a lot different
    Yes I do, and that is what I said. And an AI is not the same, and NOLVA is an anti estrogen. Yes, it is a SERM, but falls into the anti estrogen category. To state it again, NOLVA will NOT act as a AI. Completely different pathway.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  12. New Member
    alpinecoach's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    1012
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    61.12%

    Tamoxifen is an antagonist of the estrogen receptor in breast tissue via its active metabolite, hydroxytamoxifen. In other tissues such as the endometrium, it behaves as an agonist, and thus may be characterized as a mixed agonist/antagonist. Tamoxifen is the usual endocrine (anti-estrogen) therapy for hormone receptor-positive breast cancer in pre-menopausal women, and is also a standard in post-menopausal women although aromatase inhibitors are also frequently used in that setting.[1]

    This is directly out of Wikipedia and supports my statement.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  13. Senior Member
    JoeBrooklyn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,185
    Rep Power
    344829
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    61.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alpinecoach View Post
    NOLVA is not an AI, it does not inhibit aromataze at all. It is an anti estrogen that blocks binding to tissue like breast tissue, hence the reason it is used for Gyno. You will not get Gyno using this, but you will not control your E2 level either.

    My personal experience is to use both. You need to be really careful with AI's, because if you get your E2 to low, you will kill your libido and your energy will be crushed. You need to find the sweet spot for YOUR body. For me, it's 10mg NOLVA daily, and .25mg/2x week of Adex. Again, every body is different, you need to find YOUR sweet spot.
    Bump!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need PH and PCT advice
    By Warrior in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:53 PM
  2. Strateg0s' PCT advice, a little skimpy?
    By meathead1987 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 06:47 AM
  3. pct advice
    By anadrol75 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 09:27 AM
  4. PCT Advice
    By BigBadBootyDady in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:38 PM
  5. Cyp/EQ, front loading & PCT advice ...
    By Deez Nuggets in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in