PCT Advice

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.2%

I am 4 weeks into a test cycle, my testes have shrunk a lot and I was nervous so I did some research. Using hcg would help that a bit and also speed up the recovery, but I'm only running a 12 week cycle so I don't see it to be necessary. I've been taking 20mg nolva every other day during cycle. I'm just confused whether or not I should just hold off and take the nolva for pct or continue what I'm doing. Is the teste shrinkage an issue? Little advice please....

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.65%

Quote Originally Posted by BradyTP09
    I am 4 weeks into a test cycle, my testes have shrunk a lot and I was nervous so I did some research. Using hcg would help that a bit and also speed up the recovery, but I'm only running a 12 week cycle so I don't see it to be necessary. I've been taking 20mg nolva every other day during cycle. I'm just confused whether or not I should just hold off and take the nolva for pct or continue what I'm doing. Is the teste shrinkage an issue? Little advice please....
    This is research that should have been done on your part before you ever considered running this!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What are the specifics of your cycle? Personally i have never had that issue on a test cycle. Are you running anything else?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%

Quote Originally Posted by BradyTP09 View Post

First, obviously they will shrink when they're not needed. That's not something to really worry about. You can use hcg if you want, it can help. Second, why are you taking nolva EOD lol? Do you have gyno? Are you feeling like you are getting gyno? The answer to those questions i'm guessing are both no. So you shouldn't be using Nolva on cycle.

You have no clue what you're doing, you shouldn't be using AAS. You need months more research and planning before doing something like this. This is why AAS users get a bad rap.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.93%

Lay off the nolva, look into an a.i. if you might need it due estrogen sides (puffy nips, etc.). Don't worry about the nutz, just a side from your body not producing its own test, they will come back. Research torem and or clomid for pct.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.2%

Thanks for the advice, and no I'm not an idiot, I did do a lot of research, some monster at the gym told me to run the nolva during the cycle so I took his word for it. Its a simple sust 12 weeker, not something to get all crazy over, trying to add a little mass to push me through a platou period. I'm getting good gains with a strict diet, was just a little put off by the ball shrinkage, but I guess it will be fine. Thanks
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%

Quote Originally Posted by BradyTP09 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, and no I'm not an idiot, I did do a lot of research, some monster at the gym told me to run the nolva during the cycle so I took his word for it. Its a simple sust 12 weeker, not something to get all crazy over, trying to add a little mass to push me through a platou period. I'm getting good gains with a strict diet, was just a little put off by the ball shrinkage, but I guess it will be fine. Thanks
    From my experiences the bigger the guy the less knowledge of most everything. If you did a lot of research you would have known when nolva is necessary on cycle. You didn't, so you took his word for it. That's fine, now you know. I'm simply being harsh because AAS is serious business, you can seriously fuk yourself up. It's not to be toyed with.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Nolva as an ai is kind of oldschool; there are better options - even Erase really. Always heard HCG for anything longer than 8wks is where it's at. That part could just be bro-science, but I know guys who swear on it for their 14-weekers of test e + goodies.

12 is a good length of time man, that's 3 months you're keeping your nuts on the bench.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde
    Nolva as an ai is kind of oldschool; there are better options - even Erase really. Always heard HCG for anything longer than 8wks is where it's at. That part could just be bro-science, but I know guys who swear on it for their 14-weekers of test e + goodies.

12 is a good length of time man, that's 3 months you're keeping your nuts on the bench.
    NOLVA is not an AI, it does not inhibit aromataze at all. It is an anti estrogen that blocks binding to tissue like breast tissue, hence the reason it is used for Gyno. You will not get Gyno using this, but you will not control your E2 level either.

My personal experience is to use both. You need to be really careful with AI's, because if you get your E2 to low, you will kill your libido and your energy will be crushed. You need to find the sweet spot for YOUR body. For me, it's 10mg NOLVA daily, and .25mg/2x week of Adex. Again, every body is different, you need to find YOUR sweet spot.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.1%

Quote Originally Posted by alpinecoach

NOLVA is not an AI, it does not inhibit aromataze at all. It is an anti estrogen that blocks binding to tissue like breast tissue, hence the reason it is used for Gyno. You will not get Gyno using this, but you will not control your E2 level either.

My personal experience is to use both. You need to be really careful with AI's, because if you get your E2 to low, you will kill your libido and your energy will be crushed. You need to find the sweet spot for YOUR body. For me, it's 10mg NOLVA daily, and .25mg/2x week of Adex. Again, every body is different, you need to find YOUR sweet spot.
    You do realize AI stands for Aromatase inhibitor. AI is the same thing as an anti estrogen.
    Nolva is a SERM which is a lot different
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.79%

Quote Originally Posted by schwellington

You do realize AI stands for Aromatase inhibitor. AI is the same thing as an anti estrogen.
    Nolva is a SERM which is a lot different
    Yes I do, and that is what I said. And an AI is not the same, and NOLVA is an anti estrogen. Yes, it is a SERM, but falls into the anti estrogen category. To state it again, NOLVA will NOT act as a AI. Completely different pathway.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.79%

Tamoxifen is an antagonist of the estrogen receptor in breast tissue via its active metabolite, hydroxytamoxifen. In other tissues such as the endometrium, it behaves as an agonist, and thus may be characterized as a mixed agonist/antagonist. Tamoxifen is the usual endocrine (anti-estrogen) therapy for hormone receptor-positive breast cancer in pre-menopausal women, and is also a standard in post-menopausal women although aromatase inhibitors are also frequently used in that setting.[1]

This is directly out of Wikipedia and supports my statement.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.45%

Quote Originally Posted by alpinecoach View Post

Bump!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need PH and PCT advice
    By Warrior in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 03:53 PM
  2. Strateg0s' PCT advice, a little skimpy?
    By meathead1987 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 05:47 AM
  3. pct advice
    By anadrol75 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 08:27 AM
  4. PCT Advice
    By BigBadBootyDady in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 02:38 PM
  5. Cyp/EQ, front loading & PCT advice ...
    By Deez Nuggets in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 08:14 AM