Steroids Vs. Pro Hormones

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    stache's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    22
    Answers
    0

    Steroids Vs. Pro Hormones


    I was wondering which of the two were better and more efficient to.use. It would seem quite obvious anabolic steroids would be but I wanted an idea of how much more efficient when they are compared to a pro hormone, if they are at all. I realize there are different strengths of both compounds I am just talking generalities. I will take anabolics in the future but just trying Ph at the moment because personally it was just easier to get because of the interference of the illegalization of anabolics. Let me know what y'all think! I am new at this all I'm trying to do is become more educated.on the matter. Thanks!

  2. Registered User
    Tmac22314's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    116
    Answers
    0


    AAS if you can get it, but it all depends on which compounds you are wanting run. This seems to be a popular subject lately, I'd search the forums and/or google for a more in depth answer. I'm sure you'll find a ton of threads comparing different compounds.
  3. Registered User
    supermanjow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,124
    Answers
    0


    Prohormones are steroids. With that said, injectables tend to be easier on the body, but orals tend to pack the mass on faster. The best situation seems to be a longer injectable cycle where you run an oral at the beginning in conjunction.
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jt339's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    Prohormones are steroids. With that said, injectables tend to be easier on the body, but orals tend to pack the mass on faster. The best situation seems to be a longer injectable cycle where you run an oral at the beginning in conjunction.
    ^money.

    More efficient: generally speaking PHs as they're all orals and orals are generally faster acting as stated above. Better: not a good question. Depends on what you're looking for. Personally, AAS all the way other than the occasional superdrol cycle.
  5. Registered User
    Jawbreaker24's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    171
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    Prohormones are steroids. With that said, injectables tend to be easier on the body, but orals tend to pack the mass on faster. The best situation seems to be a longer injectable cycle where you run an oral at the beginning in conjunction.
    What he said^^^


    My instinct was to win, eliminate anyone who is in competion. Destroy my enemy, and move on without any kind of hesataion at all.
    ~Arnold~
    Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price
  6. Registered User
    stache's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    22
    Answers
    0


    Thanks that gave me some good insight. I realize saying which is "better" is pretty vague but i have no other way to put it i guess. Thanks for the answers
  7. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Answers
    0


    I did my fair share of PH/PS before taking the plunge into AAS. looking back i did a lot of yo-yoing, gain 10 lbs or more on a PH/PS cycle then lose most in PCT maybe keep a few. then AAS came into my life, i was 190lbs when i started AAS now i'm 235lbs. now of course thats hard training and wise eating but still could not have put theat much quality size on with just food, sleep and training
  8. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Answers
    0


    sd IS an active steroid idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by jt339 View Post
    ^money.

    More efficient: generally speaking PHs as they're all orals and orals are generally faster acting as stated above. Better: not a good question. Depends on what you're looking for. Personally, AAS all the way other than the occasional superdrol cycle.
  9. Registered User
    jt339's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Husker89 View Post
    sd IS an active steroid idiot
    An intelligent and dignified way to get your point across would be to say, "Actually, I am pretty sure SD is an active steroid." Instead, you went the immature and angry route which is what horrible forums like bb.com are known for. I don't get mad when people talk to me like this, however, all your opinions in the future are likely to be written off. I know you don't care, but I just thought I would let you know how I deal with immature angry kids who want to show off how smart they are.

    I grouped SD and PHs together because they are grouped together commonly. I know of one source out of maybe 30 that actually sells superdrol.
  10. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,601
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jt339

    An intelligent and dignified way to get your point across would be to say, "Actually, I am pretty sure SD is an active steroid." Instead, you went the immature and angry route which is what horrible forums like bb.com are known for. I don't get mad when people talk to me like this, however, all your opinions in the future are likely to be written off. I know you don't care, but I just thought I would let you know how I deal with immature angry kids who want to show off how smart they are.

    I grouped SD and PHs together because they are grouped together commonly. I know of one source out of maybe 30 that actually sells superdrol.
    Anyone who groups methyl masteron as a pro hormone IS an idiot, even worse is when they know it isn't, but still do in order to fit in with the rest of the uninformed crowd, continuing to spread misinformation around like dog food.
    Those people are probably learning, but they aren't teaching, or leading.
  11. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,704
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Husker89
    sd IS an active steroid idiot
    Real mature
  12. Registered User
    jt339's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Anyone who groups methyl masteron as a pro hormone IS an idiot, even worse is when they know it isn't, but still do in order to fit in with the rest of the uninformed crowd, continuing to spread misinformation around like dog food.
    Those people are probably learning, but they aren't teaching, or leading.
    *facepalm* Cool your jets guys. Jesus Christ everyone has to assert how smart they are on this board by calling other people names. This kind of attitude, especially from the vets, is what makes forums go bad. If I came in here saying "Is creatine stronger than superdrol," I can understand saying, "the question shows your lack of intelligence on the matter," but I wouldn't call that person an idiot. What I said isn't even that bad.

    So if I'm the typical "idiot" who comes in here knowing SD is strong as hell and can blow your lipid and liver values into oblivion (which seems to be common knowledge even amongst the biggest "idiots"), what will telling this person it isn't a PH, but a DS do? What else is there to consider?

    You might want to take a step back and not assume that everyone is dumber than you are. I am hardly an idiot, as the biochemistry degree I have and medical doctorate I will be receiving in 2.5 years should prove.
  13. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,601
    Answers
    0


    I'm sorry to hurt your feelings doctor.
  14. Registered User
    blaykeryan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    322
    Answers
    0


    What everyone else has said so far besides the idiot convo lol...i just think its funny cause if we were all talking in person i doubt people would call u names to your face...anyway...if u can get ur hands on aas thays the better route, ph tend to come with stronger sides and less gains than aas, just imo....the gains you make from aas are easier to keep during a proper pct, than ph..this is all my opinion so pls dnt call me names, hahah
  15. Registered User
    jt339's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    I'm sorry to hurt your feelings doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by jt339 View Post
    I don't get mad when people talk to me like this, however, all your opinions in the future are likely to be written off. I know you don't care, but I just thought I would let you know how I deal with immature angry kids who want to show off how smart they are.
    Was particularly curious about your answer to this...

    Quote Originally Posted by jt339 View Post

    So if I'm the typical "idiot" who comes in here knowing SD is strong as hell and can blow your lipid and liver values into oblivion (which seems to be common knowledge even amongst the biggest "idiots"), what will telling this person it isn't a PH, but a DS do? What else is there to consider?
  16. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    good stuff guys. Way to stay on topic

    With that said, I'm not personally convinced that running anything without an actual test injection along is worth the side effects and queationable net gains
  17. Registered User
    jt339's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    good stuff guys. Way to stay on topic

    With that said, I'm not personally convinced that running anything without an actual test injection along is worth the side effects and queationable net gains
    Well I'm quite sure that most people would use test along with their PHs if test was available to them. Other than the people who would be afraid of breaking the law or whatever.
  18. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jt339

    Well I'm quite sure that most people would use test along with their PHs if test was available to them. Other than the people who would be afraid of breaking the law or whatever.
    really though? I think most people are afraid of self injecting. For me, I learned the hard way what Ph can do to you, even with textbook pct. And as far as laws, research chems are "not for human consumption"- not sure how laws work with that
  19. Registered User
    jt339's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    really though? I think most people are afraid of self injecting. For me, I learned the hard way what Ph can do to you, even with textbook pct. And as far as laws, research chems are "not for human consumption"- not sure how laws work with that
    Well I suppose that could be an issue too haha
  20. Registered User
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,231
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs

    really though? I think most people are afraid of self injecting. For me, I learned the hard way what Ph can do to you, even with textbook pct. And as far as laws, research chems are "not for human consumption"- not sure how laws work with that
    What did u learn, im like on the line about this. I have done sd and had a hellova good time. But lost alot of the gains. So know im wondering should i make the step towards injecting.... Also scared of needles... The gains stick around longer?
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  21. Registered User
    ricka182's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    30
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    What did u learn, im like on the line about this. I have done sd and had a hellova good time. But lost alot of the gains. So know im wondering should i make the step towards injecting.... Also scared of needles... The gains stick around longer?
    Only related to your fear of needles for this reply...but just do it man. I was in the same boat, a big pinner *****. I went with a slin-pin and ran some Peps to start.. couldn't feel a thing. I'll be running a test eth cycle early next year, no longer concerned about sticking..
  22. Registered User
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,231
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ricka182

    Only related to your fear of needles for this reply...but just do it man. I was in the same boat, a big pinner *****. I went with a slin-pin and ran some Peps to start.. couldn't feel a thing. I'll be running a test eth cycle early next year, no longer concerned about sticking..
    Nice, good luck
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  23. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Answers
    0


    this is why i get mad, Prohormones like halodrol CONVERT to active steroids in this case oral turinabol. Anabolic/androgenic steroids CAN BE INJECTABLE, TRANSDERMAL, ORAL, it doesnt mattter. So when people say "ph tend to come with stronger sides and less gains the aas" this is so wrong and stupid. Trust me anadrol 50 has much more sides than halodrol. The problem is people think that because it is in a pill and is legal it is a prohormone, NO, most are actually active anabolic steroids ie sd epistane dymethazine etc... So the correct thing to say would be "Oral steroids have some liver effects that are worse than injectables because of the methylation, however winstrol and dianabol are methylated so if you inject them they are just as hard on the liver. Stanaodrol which i believe converts to dht so it is a prohormone is unmethlyated and has minimal sides and some pretty good lean gains for sex drive hardening effect and strength. It is the spreading of bad info that bothers me, I make mistakes all the time but they get corrected , we need to right info so people are safer and can help themselves if wanted
    Quote Originally Posted by blaykeryan View Post
    What everyone else has said so far besides the idiot convo lol...i just think its funny cause if we were all talking in person i doubt people would call u names to your face...anyway...if u can get ur hands on aas thays the better route, ph tend to come with stronger sides and less gains than aas, just imo....the gains you make from aas are easier to keep during a proper pct, than ph..this is all my opinion so pls dnt call me names, hahah
  24. Registered User
    JoeBrooklyn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,049
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    What did u learn, im like on the line about this. I have done sd and had a hellova good time. But lost alot of the gains. So know im wondering should i make the step towards injecting.... Also scared of needles... The gains stick around longer?
    No one is the history of sissies was a bigger chicken than me about needles. But I eased myself into it. First I started with HGH which is a sub-q injection, meaning it was only injected in the skin with the smallest and finest of needles. In fact, it was so fine, if you used the needle more than once it would really hurt because it was so dull.
    Then, finally I moved to AAS which are injectables and they need a longer and thicker needle because it's an intermuscular; but dont let that scare you. It isnt that much thicker and what I still do is numb the injections spot with ice, so when I stick it I dont even feel the pinch, once it's in there is no pain except for some pressure because AAS are oil based and thick so to get it in requires some strength and as it's going in you feel some pressure but nothing serious.
    Start off by doing 2ccs once per week. This may sound crazy; but I've learned to enjoy the injections now. One more thing, I started and still inject in my theigh. It's just easier and I believe least painful aside from the pinch which you can avoid with ice numbing as I mentioned above.
  25. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by murk01

    What did u learn, im like on the line about this. I have done sd and had a hellova good time. But lost alot of the gains. So know im wondering should i make the step towards injecting.... Also scared of needles... The gains stick around longer?
    What I learned is that if your serm is bunk and you're shutdown, life sucks. My total test level was 60 and my free was 2.9. This was after 4 weeks of torem, daa, herbal test booster, and erase pro in week 3.
    Pinning with test would have prevented that. The depression, tiny balls, waking up 3-4x/night was the worst thing I could have ever lived through. You're stuck in this dark place and can't get out.
    Pinning was scary the first 2-3 times, I will be honest. I got cold sweats, ears ringing, super dizzy and almost passed out. Those symptoms became less with each injection. It's still a rush but nothing as traumatizing as those first times.
    Running PH is fun while on but the depression that follows, combined with the lost gains just seems worthless. Testosterone base would certainly help retain muscular gains IMO, perhaps not 100% but certainly more so than running without.
  26. Registered User
    kdeome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    104
    Answers
    0


    The only thing keeping me from an AS/PH is the fear of having a subpar PT... that and while i have a full head of hair, MPB runs in my family. Everyone else is bald :P

    I had convinced myself that a prohorome was safer, and therefore better... but realistically i think an Anabolic steroid is where its at.
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.
  27. Registered User
    blaykeryan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    322
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Husker89
    this is why i get mad, Prohormones like halodrol CONVERT to active steroids in this case oral turinabol. Anabolic/androgenic steroids CAN BE INJECTABLE, TRANSDERMAL, ORAL, it doesnt mattter. So when people say "ph tend to come with stronger sides and less gains the aas" this is so wrong and stupid. Trust me anadrol 50 has much more sides than halodrol. The problem is people think that because it is in a pill and is legal it is a prohormone, NO, most are actually active anabolic steroids ie sd epistane dymethazine etc... So the correct thing to say would be "Oral steroids have some liver effects that are worse than injectables because of the methylation, however winstrol and dianabol are methylated so if you inject them they are just as hard on the liver. Stanaodrol which i believe converts to dht so it is a prohormone is unmethlyated and has minimal sides and some pretty good lean gains for sex drive hardening effect and strength. It is the spreading of bad info that bothers me, I make mistakes all the time but they get corrected , we need to right info so people are safer and can help themselves if wanted
    Lol at this..you are kidding me right? I'm assuming you went to school and know what a provolone is, a precursor..Dude some do convert, but by the time it's broken down by the liver and converted then it's not a strong form of whatever steroid it is...plus a lot of pros are bunk and weak, just got to get the right one.if you have ever done an injectable was cycle, then you would know hands down the gains and sides are way better than. Pro\ designer cycle..it's common sense so the next time you try to prove someone wrong atlaeast make sure you are 100% correct
  28. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,601
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Husker89
    this is why i get mad, Prohormones like halodrol CONVERT to active steroids in this case oral turinabol. Anabolic/androgenic steroids CAN BE INJECTABLE, TRANSDERMAL, ORAL, it doesnt mattter. So when people say "ph tend to come with stronger sides and less gains the aas" this is so wrong and stupid. Trust me anadrol 50 has much more sides than halodrol. The problem is people think that because it is in a pill and is legal it is a prohormone, NO, most are actually active anabolic steroids ie sd epistane dymethazine etc... So the correct thing to say would be "Oral steroids have some liver effects that are worse than injectables because of the methylation, however winstrol and dianabol are methylated so if you inject them they are just as hard on the liver. Stanaodrol which i believe converts to dht so it is a prohormone is unmethlyated and has minimal sides and some pretty good lean gains for sex drive hardening effect and strength. It is the spreading of bad info that bothers me, I make mistakes all the time but they get corrected , we need to right info so people are safer and can help themselves if wanted
    Hdrol isn't a prohormone.
  29. Registered User
    pushinweightw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    416
    Answers
    0


    AAS injectables-(various testosterone esters, deca, eq, primo, masteron, Tren)most are not methylated, can be run for longer periods of time, long cycles allow for gains to be solidified due to body having time to become adjusted to new weight, for obvious reasons easy to run a test base, illegal without prescription, realistic sides(common not all inclusive) that many but NOT ALL experience:High BP, Lower HDL higher LDL, Raised Hematocrit, hair loss, suppresion of natural test levels, gyno, some users not all will require support products such as AI, SERMS, BP supps or meds, blood donating, HCG and so on.

    Oral AAS traditional-(Dbol, Anadrol, Anavar, Winstrol) methylated( all but andriol as far as I know) so liver toxic, depending on compound gains can be quick and quite large(there are exceptions), do not lend themselves to long cycles due to methylation(some will run for long cycles and say that the liver concerns are overblown, hey it's your body do what you want but most would prefer to keep the time short) Sides are the same as above with the added risk of liver enzyme elevation and loss of libido due to not being the same as test(this is mediated by many by running injectable test. Illegal with out script.

    Designer Oral AAS-(Dymethazine, M-sten, Halodrol, Epistane)These are the same as above but are currently not illegal to posses. They have less research and anecdotal evidence due to not being out as long as traditional oral AAS but by all accounts are just as potent. Legal at the moment(at least some still are.)

    Prohormones:These are steroid hormones in structure but are not active at the AR(for the most part some such as the old 4-androstenediol had some intrinsic activity at the AR) until they are converted via enzymes in the body to active hormones. Due to being conversion dependent they are not as powerful as the above but offer certain advantages. Products such as BULK-UP, 4-AD, Alphamass, Stano and so on can be ran for longer than the above orals. PH are available that now convert to test and provide the all important test base that is commonly used by those running test injections with there cycles. The longer cycles that can be ran help solidify the gains, the conversion to test helps mediate side effects to a DEGREE, and the lack of methylation makes the TRUE PH far easier on the body. Some sides are still possible such as high BP in those who are very sensitive but IN GENERAL many find the ride much smoother with a good PH than the other orals mentioned above. They are currently legal. So PH can be run in longer cycles just like injects, support test levels like test injects, little to no liver issues like most injects and like I said are legal. Obviously I rep for a PH company so I think they are a nice option especially when ran as a test base with the above compounds but I am not blind there are differences and drawbacks, I won't lie to you and say you can achieve with PH's what you could with injects, you simple cannot. But you can achieve SOME of what you would with injects.

    PH's being dependent on enzymes in the body and absorption will always have a ceiling as to how much converts and how much you can get into the system. With an inject the sky literally is the limit, to more you shoot the higher your levels will be plain and simple.

    Once you are shut down it does not matter what got your there. If you run any of the above and your endogenous test is say 150 when you come off it will be equally hard to recover no matter what compound got you there.

    So they all work, some are stronger, some are safer, some limit your time on if health is a concern, some are illegal some are not. It is the dose that makes the poison and only you can make the personal choice as to what you want to put in you. No matter what you do be safe!


  30. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,601
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by blaykeryan

    Lol at this..you are kidding me right? I'm assuming you went to school and know what a provolone is, a precursor..Dude some do convert, but by the time it's broken down by the liver and converted then it's not a strong form of whatever steroid it is...plus a lot of pros are bunk and weak, just got to get the right one.if you have ever done an injectable was cycle, then you would know hands down the gains and sides are way better than. Pro\ designer cycle..it's common sense so the next time you try to prove someone wrong atlaeast make sure you are 100% correct
    You too.
  31. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,601
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw
    AAS injectables-(various testosterone esters, deca, eq, primo, masteron, Tren)most are not methylated, can be run for longer periods of time, long cycles allow for gains to be solidified due to body having time to become adjusted to new weight, for obvious reasons easy to run a test base, illegal without prescription, realistic sides(common not all inclusive) that many but NOT ALL experience:High BP, Lower HDL higher LDL, Raised Hematocrit, hair loss, suppresion of natural test levels, gyno, some users not all will require support products such as AI, SERMS, BP supps or meds, blood donating, HCG and so on.

    Oral AAS traditional-(Dbol, Anadrol, Anavar, Winstrol) methylated( all but andriol as far as I know) so liver toxic, depending on compound gains can be quick and quite large(there are exceptions), do not lend themselves to long cycles due to methylation(some will run for long cycles and say that the liver concerns are overblown, hey it's your body do what you want but most would prefer to keep the time short) Sides are the same as above with the added risk of liver enzyme elevation and loss of libido due to not being the same as test(this is mediated by many by running injectable test. Illegal with out script.

    Designer Oral AAS-(Dymethazine, M-sten, Halodrol, Epistane)These are the same as above but are currently not illegal to posses. They have less research and anecdotal evidence due to not being out as long as traditional oral AAS but by all accounts are just as potent. Legal at the moment(at least some still are.)

    Prohormones:These are steroid hormones in structure but are not active at the AR(for the most part some such as the old 4-androstenediol had some intrinsic activity at the AR) until they are converted via enzymes in the body to active hormones. Due to being conversion dependent they are not as powerful as the above but offer certain advantages. Products such as BULK-UP, 4-AD, Alphamass, Stano and so on can be ran for longer than the above orals. PH are available that now convert to test and provide the all important test base that is commonly used by those running test injections with there cycles. The longer cycles that can be ran help solidify the gains, the conversion to test helps mediate side effects to a DEGREE, and the lack of methylation makes the TRUE PH far easier on the body. Some sides are still possible such as high BP in those who are very sensitive but IN GENERAL many find the ride much smoother with a good PH than the other orals mentioned above. They are currently legal. So PH can be run in longer cycles just like injects, support test levels like test injects, little to no liver issues like most injects and like I said are legal. Obviously I rep for a PH company so I think they are a nice option especially when ran as a test base with the above compounds but I am not blind there are differences and drawbacks, I won't lie to you and say you can achieve with PH's what you could with injects, you simple cannot. But you can achieve SOME of what you would with injects.

    PH's being dependent on enzymes in the body and absorption will always have a ceiling as to how much converts and how much you can get into the system. With an inject the sky literally is the limit, to more you shoot the higher your levels will be plain and simple.

    So they all work, some are stronger, some are safer, some limit your time on if health is a concern, some are illegal some are not. It is the dose that makes the poison and only you can make the personal choice as to what you want to put in you. No matter what you do be safe!
    How do running cycles longer solidify gains?
  32. Registered User
    pushinweightw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    416
    Answers
    0


    I will be the first to say there is zero scientific evidence to support my opinion, and it is simply that an opinion based on anecdotal evidence gathered and observed over the years. You will never see a study to support it for obvious reasons. IMO when you have been on longer the gains seem to stick around longer and you can change your body set point to a degree. For example:

    1. Guy uses SD gains 20 LBS in three weeks and runs PCT for 4 weeks.

    2. Guy 2 uses injects and gains 20lbs in 16 weeks, runs short esters towards the end so all compounds are cleared at start of PCT which is ran for 4 weeks as well.

    Now we check on these two 8 weeks after their PCT's. IMO the guy who ran #2 will be maintaining better than #1. This is my opinion but the longer you held the new bodyweight the easier it is to maintain.

    There is a reason people do not simply run 4 week oral only cycles gain there 15 lbs and call it a day. In the AAS community most stay on far longer, if the bulk of gains can be made in 4 weeks why stay on?

    All a theory/opinion that in my experience has personally panned out. If you disagree I respect your opinion.


  33. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,601
    Answers
    0


    Interesting.

    I'm not going to disagree or agree, I'm too lazy to type out a discussion for this, and I'm on my phone.

    I've succumbed to the ease of short answer.
  34. Registered User
    pushinweightw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    416
    Answers
    0


    Hey no problem man I can't type on a phone unless it has decently sized buttons, touch screen forget about it(I foresee hard times in my future lol.)

    Like I said all a theory but it seems to hold water for me at least. When I used to take time off I would hover around 200, then a few years later it was 220, I recently took a year off and held at 240. Of course when I take breaks I loose muscle and gain some fat but my set point has reset a few times for sure.

    Like most of what we do in BB just a theory in practice. Take care.


  35. Banned
    DelaRone's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0


    this all just proves that you should just try it yourself 8) lol cuz we will all tell you different. Here's a tip though: M-Sten is wicked. > and legal, for now.
  36. Registered User
    jt339's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0


    I cannot provide any scientific evidence either pushin, but I also believe this to be true. I seem to have kept a larger portion of my gains on longer cycles.
  37. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0


    One major thing to consider is the fact that you will shut yourself down with PH's or Steroids. You might as well make the most of it and go with AAS. Also, legal doesn't mean safe. Many people seem to forget that M1T was legal at one point and that stuff had some nasty side's for some people even when used conservatively. The only reason you should prefer OTC PH's/PS is fear of being caught by the police. If I was on Probation or Parole and my PO was a jerk then I'd probably not use AAS until my probation or parole was terminated.
  38. Registered User
    pushinweightw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    416
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    One major thing to consider is the fact that you will shut yourself down with PH's or Steroids. You might as well make the most of it and go with AAS. Also, legal doesn't mean safe. Many people seem to forget that M1T was legal at one point and that stuff had some nasty side's for some people even when used conservatively. The only reason you should prefer OTC PH's/PS is fear of being caught by the police. If I was on Probation or Parole and my PO was a jerk then I'd probably not use AAS until my probation or parole was terminated.

    IMO there is a difference in the level of shut down between a product like BULK-UP and say Superdrol or Methyl-1Alpha.


  39. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    IMO there is a difference in the level of shut down between a product like BULK-UP and say Superdrol or Methyl-1Alpha.
    No doubt about but you still have to do PCT every time you get shut down so why not indulge yourself with some Test. My thinking was more along the lines of doing longer cycles with injectables and/or orals not just orals.
  40. Registered User
    pushinweightw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    416
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    No doubt about but you still have to do PCT every time you get shut down so why not indulge yourself with some Test. My thinking was more along the lines of doing longer cycles with injectables and/or orals not just orals.
    I guess the point I was trying to make is if you want to run a long cycle that will not totally F you up then non methyl prohormones such as BULK-UP, 4AD, and stano are an option. If legality is not a problem for you then injectable test reigns supreme of course.


  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Russianstar :Ostarine/Mk-2866 Vs. Pro-hormones
    By russianstar in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 01:35 PM
  2. Russianstar :Ostarine/Mk-2866 Vs. Pro-hormones
    By russianstar in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM
  3. Is The One a steroid or pro-hormone?
    By Maxwell600 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 06:16 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 10:44 PM
  5. Pro hormones vs. Steroids
    By Jmazz19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 01:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in