Test -- The Reference Point Thread

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
In response to the continual flood of questions asked around this board, I am starting this thread to serve as a one-stop quick reference for those who are planning to use Test - a feedback magnet. I realize that there are a number of journals already available, but I don't have the time to bring together all of that information if I had to do it all by myself. If everyone would contribute their own experiences here, others will be able to benefit greatly by being able to quickly survey the experiences of many, and they can take into consideration the up-to-date discussion of the consensus reached from these contributions, including recommendations. I will maintain a summary of this information in the first post.

The form of response from contributors which would be most helpful for the compilation of valuable information would be something like what follows (but please PM me if you have suggestions for improving this). If you've done a cycle, I implore you, out of gratitude for anything you've learned here at AnabolicsMinds to do everyone else a favor, by spending five minutes to convey what happened during your cycle.

Test Questionnaire
0. What kind(s) of Test did you use?
1. What was your LBM and total weight before starting Test?
2. How close are you to what you think is your natural/genetic potential?
3. Do you seem to need (much) more or less anabolics than other people?
4. At what dose of Test did you realize the best results?
5. If applicable, what dose did you notice was too high, or too many side-effects?
6. If applicable, what dose did you feel was insufficient to realize gains?
7. Besides muscle growth, what were the side-effects for you, physical and/or psychological, positive and/or negative?
8. For how long did you run Test, and at what dose?
9. What was your LBM and total weight after finishing Test?
10. If you were running Test as part of a stack, what else did you use?
11. Briefly, if you used other non-anabolic supplements which you feel contributed to the results of your cycle, what were they?
12. Evaluate the role of Test in the success of your cycle. How much do you attribute your results to Test, as opposed to other supplements, anabolic or otherwise?
13. For the record, what is your age, and are you ecto, endo, meso or what?
14. If you've also used 4-AD, how much do you think it would take to give comparable results to those you got from Test? Or is there just no comparison? i.e. you think it does not convert at ~25% into testosterone.
(If you have a cycle journal, you could link to it)

If this thread gets a lot of contributions and traffic in the coming weeks and months, it should prove very helpful. Contributors can edit and re-edit their original post as they learn more, and it would be especially helpful if they add information from later cycles. --Answering more than one question would be helpful.

If you have used any of the following, please post your experience in the appropriate Reference Point Thread: 1-Test/4-AD combo, a pure androgen, M1T, Superdrol, Anadrol, 1-AD, M1,4ADD, D-Bol, M4OHN, M-dien, Anavar, or Deca.

Last edited:

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
14. 4AD %@#%ing sucks compared to test, i dont know how anyone compares the two.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i can't answer the majority of these questions. . however, for

2. i believe i was as far as genetics were going to take me.
10. my only cycle so far was a testprop700/boldprop600/trenace350 cycle.
13. 26, endo-meso
14. there is some comparison. 4AD transdermal allowed me to gain more water weight and at a much faster rate. also, i noticed higher libido on 4AD as well.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19645

demon

Awards
i can't answer the majority of these questions. . however, for

2. i believe i was as far as genetics were going to take me.
10. my only cycle so far was a testprop700/boldprop600/trenace350 cycle.
13. 26, endo-meso
14. there is some comparison. 4AD transdermal allowed me to gain more water weight and at a much faster rate. also, i noticed higher libido on 4AD as well.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19645

was number 10 a CL batch?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Um,

Golden triangle,
500mg/week of test, no side effects at all, kept my libido going on tren (500mg/week - gave me some mild insomnia), didn't help my recovery too much, overall not hugely impressed. I'll probably go up to 750mg/week next cycle, with a very large dose of nandrolone or equipoise.

Based on the size and shape of my frame I'd guess I'm about 20lbs of lbm below the maximum weight I could hold without staying on.

For me test isn't the huge mass drug that it is for some people - give me dbol any day :D

fdnk

Board Supporter
Awards
Um,

Golden triangle,
500mg/week of test, no side effects at all, kept my libido going on tren (500mg/week - gave me some mild insomnia), didn't help my recovery too much, overall not hugely impressed. I'll probably go up to 750mg/week next cycle, with a very large dose of nandrolone or equipoise.

Based on the size and shape of my frame I'd guess I'm about 20lbs of lbm below the maximum weight I could hold without staying on.

For me test isn't the huge mass drug that it is for some people - give me dbol any day :D
Test didn't do a trick for me either. 8 weeks/525mg per week/Morning Star Labs. Gains started when I added IP winny 50mg per day. Gained 4 to 5 lbs. Not sure how much I'll keep yet.

sarge

Awards
at 500 mgs a wk of test you should have seen some decent results unless you have quite a few cycles under your belt.perhaps your test was underdosed.happens all the time with vet gear.same thing can happen with ug labs.

fdnk

Board Supporter
Awards
Actually, it was my first real cycle.

I did tren (orally) & winny for 3 weeks early Aug this year,
followed by a proper PCT (I know that cycle was stupid)

That's it.

I'm really disappointed with test, however as you said it could
of been underdosed. (MSL is suppose to be legit)

script-pro

Awards
0. What kind(s) of Test did you use?
Test Prop
1. What was your LBM and total weight before starting Test?
166lbs - 11%
2. How close are you to what you think is your natural/genetic potential?
about 60%
3. Do you seem to need (much) more or less anabolics than other people?
average
4. At what dose of Test did you realize the best results?
75mg a day
5. If applicable, what dose did you notice was too high, or too many side-effects?
didn't go higher than 100mg a day, and felt the same as if running 75mg a day
6. If applicable, what dose did you feel was insufficient to realize gains?
stayed at 75mg minimum, so can't say.
7. Besides muscle growth, what were the side-effects for you, physical and/or psychological, positive and/or negative? Horny as hell, strength was sick, amazing at endurance, shots hurt the site, acne.
8. For how long did you run Test, and at what dose?
7 weeks 75mg 6 days a week, skipped sunday shots.
9. What was your LBM and total weight after finishing Test?
174lbs., 8%
10. If you were running Test as part of a stack, what else did you use?
Test prop, MOHN, winny, MOHN (8 week cycle, mohn first 4 weeks, winny last 4 weeks)
11. Briefly, if you used other non-anabolic supplements which you feel contributed to the results of your cycle, what were they?
none
12. Evaluate the role of Test in the success of your cycle. How much do you attribute your results to Test, as opposed to other supplements, anabolic or otherwise?
mostly all to the test
13. For the record, what is your age, and are you ecto, endo, meso or what?
24, ecto-meso
14. If you've also used 4-AD, how much do you think it would take to give comparable results to those you got from Test? Or is there just no comparison? i.e. you think it does not convert at ~25% into testosterone.
(If you have a cycle journal, you could link to it) absolutely no comparison. Huge amounts of 4ad, too much to get reasonable results in comparison to test prop.

P.S. PCT is a bitch. Libido is screwed for a month.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting Script-pro. :welcome: I'd send you a PM, but those are down.

jamalgq

Awards
Test Questionnaire
0. What kind(s) of Test did you use?== test 250
1. What was your LBM and total weight before starting Test? 5' 8" 198 lbs 16.5%
2. How close are you to what you think is your natural/genetic potential? probably could go more natural, but wanted to jump on the wagon
3. Do you seem to need (much) more or less anabolics than other people? still on first cycle
4. At what dose of Test did you realize the best results? i'm using 500 mg a wk for first timer
5. If applicable, what dose did you notice was too high, or too many side-effects? na
6. If applicable, what dose did you feel was insufficient to realize gains?na
7. Besides muscle growth, what were the side-effects for you, physical and/or psychological, positive and/or negative? I have trouble sleeping, maybe its from a lot of stress as of late, but thats about it for that. I am not getting bad acne at all ( knock on wood) , strengh has increased in my 3 wks on it, no "roid rage" , but people are telling me they can already see a difference, I can't wait to see the results in a few more weeks!!!
8. For how long did you run Test, and at what dose? will be 10 wks about at 500 mg / wk
9. What was your LBM and total weight after finishing Test? not there yet
10. If you were running Test as part of a stack, what else did you use?na

script-pro

Awards
7. Besides muscle growth, what were the side-effects for you, physical and/or psychological, positive and/or negative? I have trouble sleeping, maybe its from a lot of stress as of late, but thats about it for that. I am not getting bad acne at all ( knock on wood) , strengh has increased in my 3 wks on it, no "roid rage" , but people are telling me they can already see a difference, I can't wait to see the results in a few more weeks!!!
Acne is mostly seen post cycle. Specially from test, I saw very little acne during cycle, the post cycle my back and shoulders just really acted up.

Week 5 and results will be amazing, you'll enjoy every day after week 5, maybe 4. Things just really start to happen then.

jamalgq

Awards
Week 5 and results will be amazing, you'll enjoy every day after week 5, maybe 4. Things just really start to happen then.
well week 4 is coming to an end and week 5 is about to begin!!!! I'm feelin great all around, gained about 6 to 8 lbs and my bodyfat is down about 5% , I have been taking pics weekly to compare and I'll post them up at the end of the cycle to see the before and after the first cycle. the first two weeks was only at 1cc then the last two have been 2 ccs per wk, and will remain at 2 ccs per week for the rest of the cycle. My decline bench went up to 340 which is pretty huge for me and i'm leg pressing , can't squat do to accident, 810 for 8 so My gains are becoming obvious to myself even, My training partner can still lift a little more than I but by the end I hink I'll be passing him :), I'll keep you guys updated.
Peace
Fred

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump!

Strateg0s is MIA, but these threads were a good idea back then and still are today. These are some basic bread and butter AAS.

Last edited:
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe snakebyte and jminis are two past TD Test base users. I believe that jonny21 is getting ready to run one too. Hoping you guys will add some feedback, especially in the TD application scenario.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Yeah...I remember reading that and those are good data points....if they post info:hammer: :hammer:

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Anyone use Test base TD recently?
I did it and liked it very well, I gained a few pounds and had all the sides associated with test. But one side was irrtadiated prostate area, I couldn't run it longer my prostate area bothered me too much. The only thing I was disappointed on was not being able to run it longer. I used one bottle of Finaderm and bought the a conversion kit from Universal to make test base. I talked with customer service at Universal and they later told me I could order the Estrogen Solubilizer by its self without the kit so I wasted a little money but o'well. If you do a conversion I highly suggest buying Estrogen Solubilizer TO MAKE TEST BASE, I think this is one reason my TD worked. I tried a TD test made with test converted from the lye method and it did nothing. If you order Estrogen Solubilizer from universal be sure to request it to have the Estrogen Solubilizer make test base not test prop.

Mess

Awards
  • Established
I'm copying this from my thread
"
after more than 8 months of researchs and reading all about AAS, i finally decided to try a one cycle only (thats what i thought ) :run: i was really concerned about what sides i might get so i prepared everything togather in order to be ready for almost anything, i'm 6,1 was 238lbs with around 23% Bf and been training since 10 yrs and for the last 2 yrs i was really dedicated,

i planed my cycle to be like this :

week 1-10 Test Enanthate 500 mg/week , nolvadex 20mg/ed along the cycle to prevent any gyno that might think to occure and to fight bloating as well
i took 1 mg of finastride to block DHT and prevent hairloss along with nizoral shampoo, took 1500 mg of B5 (pantothenic acid) to prevent acne and to lower any lipids issue.

workout
was really intense with one muscle group/ed with no cardio at all due to lack of time,

Diet:
I did my best to take in as much food as i can (discovered that it aint easy to consume plenty of food) i eat 6-8 meals with daily cal. being around 3500/ed with protien being around 250-300 gms and carbs around 400 gms and drinking 5-6 liters of water.

i satrted this cycle with one thing in mind, to build as much muscles as possible and i'll worry later about cutting and wanted to learn how my body will react towards the AAS.

the anabolics were great, on the forth week i started to notice a great increase in strength and mass that continued to the end.

Sides:
i felt my digestion system isnt working properly ( i was going to toilet more often), my protstate got bigger as i felt it, got 2 pimples, one on my cheeck and one on my left shoulder,
and that was it.

results:
i was happy with the great results i got althou i was expecting more, 16 lbs increase in wieght, and 3% drop in bf (so net net ive gained like 20 lbs of LBM)
and now i'm in day 25 of pct i've lost 3 lbs and kept the rest. (i guess this is great) besides strength still the same as i was on.

Pct :
Day 1-10 20mg nolva/ 150 mg clomid/ 2000mg of tribulus.
day11-20 100 mg clomid/ 2000mg of tribulus.
day 21-30 50 mg clomid and libido is back to normal.
i have to say that the first week of PCT was really shitty, i had a really bad mood and was feeling depressed and lost interest in everything but i forced my self to maintain food and workout to maintain what i've accomplished, then after the first week or ten days, things seemed alright and started to get myself back togather.

now i'm doing a lot of cardio and will be cycling ECA and clen for two weeks each to get my bf near 15% then i will repeat the cycle but this time i'll frontload, but i'm not quite sure if it will work repeating same cycle again ??? and that would be 1st of dec. after doing my bloodwork (if everything is fine).

and i'm thinking about doing a third cycle of test e and Deca maybe on april or may next year, and just two months ago i was swearing that it will be only one cycle :rofl:

i have to mention that libido sky rocketed when i was on and felt like humping everything that moves,

I was trying to load before and after pics but didnt know how, i will if anyone tell me how...! :blink:

i tryed to make this thread as detailed to share my experience with you guys and especially with newbies like myself and to get feedback from the more experienced bros around this forum.

cheers everyone and happy cycling"