One Receptor For All Androgens?????

Ript22Swole

Awards
Allright, I tried to do a few searches on this and I couldn't find much, so , here's the deal, there's this guy at my gym who by the way is a VERY Large and ripped up dude, who says he only takes one androgen at a time and one anabolic with it. He says taking two androgens compete for the same receptor, like a tren cycle with test or an anadrol cycle with test or something like that. He says that they compete for the same receptor, which he calls the androgen receptor. I thought this would help some guys out on their cycles,so all you educated bodybuilding geniuses like bobo, please comment on this!

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i don't know the answer to your question, but i have met my share of huge ripped guys at the gym who spew all sorts of bogus bullshit. take anything you hear with a grain of salt.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Sounds kinda bogus to me, there would be no benefit to stacking if that were the case. Different androgens have different desired characteristics and that's why they are stacked.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
The steroids bind and don't stay at the same receptor forever. The receptor could have steroid X and then steroid X moves on to the next receptor and then steroid Y or Z has the opportunity to attach. I wouldn't take the theory seriously. Given the huge number of receptors there should be plenty of receptors for different steroids. Afterall, our body produces tons of these steroids anyway...

Just my .02 ... maybe someone else can shed some light.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Different AAS have different methods of action.
Some increase intracellular fluid, some increase creatine retention, some increase protein synthesis. All by binding at the same receptor, if I understand correctly.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
My understanding is also similar to N4cer's that because of the different mechanisms of action, the benefits of stacked anabolics is not redundant. We can tell this alone by anecdotal feedback, years of AAS use and reporting. It is true there is only one androgen receptor, but it is my understanding it is not at all like a competition waiting to bind. Further clarification is needed here though.

BTW - I never take any advice from the "huge, ripped dude" at the gym.... I have learned not to trust a word that comes out of there mouth, as many spew so much BS it's just funny. :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
There is one androgen receptor, but the possibility of many sub-receptors. More important, most orals don't even bind with this receptor, so orals can be stacked. They bind with others like the corticoid, progesterone and estrogen recptor with different degrees of affinity, and bind with SHBG very well in most cases, so that's why they can overlap or modify the effects of one another in a stack. You can stack injectable(non-methylated) hormones to an extent, because you will have competitive uptake inhibition, but with time upregulation occurs so that they can all bind. Otherwise, the steroid with the greatest affinity for the binding protein would win every time, even if it were the weaker of the two as far as potency. That's why you stack an oral and an injectable. Of course, you can stack 2 orals with two injectables, but it gets complicated and everyone starts arguing, so I won't go there. :D

Ript22Swole

Awards
wow, all this good info, you guys have helped out alot, I was deciding whether or not to take an oral with my sust cycle, I have access to it so why not, it seems all you guys have helped out and you know what you're talking about. I'm kind of new to the "scientific" part of learning about juice. But I guess all the intensity and drive means nothing if you're not doing things right