Prohormone Hair Loss? How do you know?????

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys,

I am wondering what are the best ways to determine early if you are losing hair on a cycle of something like MDHT? I know the answer seems obvious (i.e. "Just LOOK idiot") but let me explain.

I do have early baldness as family history in some family members. I also have a natural hairline that is kind of far back. Everyone seems to think I am balding a bit but it hasen't really receeded anymore since I was about 20 years old. Each time I ask the dermatologist or barber he seems to think it is just my natural hairline. Anyway I have been on a cycly of MDHT at 50mgs per day for about 2 weeks now and I want to up it to 100mgs per day but I am really worried about my hair. Each day in the morning I use a pick comb and completely clean it out so there are no hairs and then I run it through my hair pretty vigorously to see if any come out onto the comb. None really do. But some people have told me that this is not a good method to determine if it is falling out because most hair is lost while you sleep or throughout the day.

Anyway I am sure that this question is going to make most of you laugh and dish out a couple flames but I just don't want to finally look at two pictures of myself six months apart and finally realize at that point that I had better just shave my head all the way down.

Mr.50

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ahhhh **** it. If it is either hair or muscle give me muscle please.
I was worried about my hair there for a while and good ole fina took care of that real quick and I had to either stop or lose some hair. I lost the hair.

Just look at your pillow when you wake up if there is more than one or two its probably falling out

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
with me its so gradual that I dont notice it. check out customs site for some hair care products and dont worry about it.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I use Nizoral actually and it does seem to work.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Oddly, its in ONLY the shower where I lose the hair. My Pillow never has any.
I lose a ton, but it grows back just as fast.

scoher

Awards
Oddly, its in ONLY the shower where I lose the hair. My Pillow never has any.
I lose a ton, but it grows back just as fast.
Same here. You probably have thick hair like me. The hair probably falls out earlier, but since my hair is thick, it stays on my head untill I rinse it out. Most people lose about 50 hairs a day.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Have any of you guys used Customs' topical solutions for hair loss??

Mr.50

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Have any of you guys used Customs' topical solutions for hair loss??

Mr.50

I have used the spiro and now I'm using the minox. I'm not balding but have a receding hairline so I'm seeing if the minox will help rejuvenate that (it's so cheap so WTH). The spiro definitely helps with shedding during cycle. But it take a few weeks to really kick in.

MightyMouse69

Awards
I'm pursing a follicular unit transplant this week...I'll let you guys know how it goes. Been using minox/propecia for years...but you will never get that full growth we once had.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm pursing a follicular unit transplant this week...I'll let you guys know how it goes. Been using minox/propecia for years...but you will never get that full growth we once had.
Do you know if the follicular unit transplant will be enough to prevent future shedding from cycles, or will you still have to take care of your hair when it grows back ?

MightyMouse69

Awards
It had no effect on future shedding only replaces what was lost using the hair from the back of your head. You can always replace more if you can afford it...looks like 8k per session...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
It had no effect on future shedding only replaces what was lost using the hair from the back of your head. You can always replace more if you can afford it...looks like 8k per session...

But that transplanted hair will not fall out, correct?

MightyMouse69

Awards
I believe it is still susceptible to dht however given the follicles are from a part of your head which has remained intact...I would guess they may be less...not sure there is any research on this at all..

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Which brand are you using?
I am currently using the 1%. my fiance says she can tell a difference and one of my buds asked me if I was taking my finasteride cause he could tell (which I am not taking or goign to take). It is not a dramatic improvement but noticable. I am goign to get some 2% soon to see how well it works. The best site I have found is www.nizoral2percent.com

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I believe it is still susceptible to dht however given the follicles are from a part of your head which has remained intact...I would guess they may be less...not sure there is any research on this at all..
I don't see why it should be suspectible... It's simply the hair that would have been in the back of your head - now in the front.
Maybe i'm wrong?

This is the discussion from BB.com
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=254927&highlight=Hair+Transplant

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've used spiro with good results. some hair grew back and then the hair line seemed to stay the same. I am now using minox, AA and niz 1%. getting some hair growing back. I heard the farther your hairline is the harder it is to regrow it back. mine is slowing coming back down.