Duchaine Anadrol Theory

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Would like to hear some people's thoughts on this theory by Duchaine.

Basically, he proposed using Anadrol at the end of whatever cycle, the last 3 to 4 weeks. His theory stated that by using a heavy androgen at the end, that when a person started PCT, their thermostat, so to speak, relating to their normal testosterone production would be set higher than normal, therefore causing a higher than normal testosterone kickin than would normally be seen without using the anadrol.

Any credence to this?

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Never heard of this theory, why would the anadrol set it higher?

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He also thinks your first cycle should be 600-1000 weekly of Test Cyp. or Enan.

He also brought UA to the forefront.

A lot of his theories have been thoroughly debunked.

Don't know if this is one of them, but it seems like bad logic.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like "bro logic" to me, and duchaine was wrong as much as right so I wouldn't trust it too much.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
From what I have read about ending cycles, which isnt very much, is that you dont want to end with a very high androgenic compound because test and estrogen levels being so high and somewhat causing a crash when coming off because of the fast drop in androgenicity. That is why I believe it is better to end a cycle on a highly anabolic compound such as winstrol or boldenone, such as how jminis ended his 40day cycle with boldenone which is highly anabolic and slowly transitioned out the highly androgenic test. Just how I see it I guess....

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

He also thinks your first cycle should be 600-1000 weekly of Test Cyp. or Enan.

He also brought UA to the forefront.

A lot of his theories have been thoroughly debunked.

Don't know if this is one of them, but it seems like bad logic.
Not trying to be an ass here but if most of his theories have been debunked why is he looked so highly upon even years after his death....I was just wondering but I would agree with ending with a highly anabolic substance as opposed to a highly androgenic substance like Anadrol-50.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
From what I have read about ending cycles, which isnt very much, is that you dont want to end with a very high androgenic compound because test and estrogen levels being so high and somewhat causing a crash when coming off because of the fast drop in androgenicity. That is why I believe it is better to end a cycle on a highly anabolic compound such as winstrol or boldenone, such as how jminis ended his 40day cycle with boldenone which is highly anabolic and slowly transitioned out the highly androgenic test. Just how I see it I guess....

I actually ended it with winstrol, boldenone was phased out a week before exited the cycle :D Not to be specific or anything. LOL I don't like this theory I think it's BS. Estrogen would be throug the roof which is not a great idea if you want your hpta to recover.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm by no means an expert on AAS at all, but a large percentage of the scientific data I have read conflicts with his theories. I would be very curious to hear what Bobo or other more AAS-educated people have to say.

The consensus among a lot of knowledgable people that I have come to respect is that a lot of what he advocated was irresponsible or dangerous.

I have respect for the amount of work and effort and attention he brought to bodybuilding (and also recombinant biking--he even designed one!). Sometimes dying young is the best way to preserve your legacy and insulate you from criticism.

pumpinfina

Awards
Would like to hear some people's thoughts on this theory by Duchaine.

Basically, he proposed using Anadrol at the end of whatever cycle, the last 3 to 4 weeks. His theory stated that by using a heavy androgen at the end, that when a person started PCT, their thermostat, so to speak, relating to their normal testosterone production would be set higher than normal, therefore causing a higher than normal testosterone kickin than would normally be seen without using the anadrol.

Any credence to this?
I always do Anadrol at the end of my cycles, i use Anadrol in the place clomid.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Duchaines ideas and theories were ahead of his time. Looking back now some of them are outrageous and some of them are the basis of what you currently do today.

THis idea is one that just doesn't make sense.

You have to remember some of the ideas that you think are new today, he talked about 20 years ago.

I tinhk some of the basis for this idea is that Anadrol doens't bind to the AR that strongly at all but that certainly doens't mean suppression will be minimal. In fact with Anadrol its quite the oppsite.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I would be very curious to hear what Bobo or other more AAS-educated people have to say.
The consensus among a lot of knowledgable people that I have come to respect is that a lot of what he advocated was irresponsible or dangerous.
Brodus although I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about AAS you don't have to be to see this "theory" is off. For starters the reason I stated above is enough to not run a high androgen at the end of a cycle.

It's old school info like this that needs to be left in the "old" school. Were advanced to the point where things are broken down scientifically to see whether or not their optimal, this is obviously not. I can go into further explanation as to why but I think we have smart enough members here (you being one of them) that can already decipher the answer. Take care, J

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Here is the thing, you would want to keep estrogen low for easier recovery, however that has nothing to do with being andrognen. M5AA and MDHT are serious androgens but would probably be great for the last few weeks because of the anti e effect. But Anadrol at the end would make no point whatsoever.
Duchaine did a lot for the industry (good and bad) and had some great ideas that were way ahead of his time but no one can think that someone would be right everytime. I would much rather be the way he was, bring different theories up for thought and be wrong, then to not bring them up at all. But I am going to say this one doesnt seem smart.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I have to point out that the theory didn't just include anadrol, any heavy androgen would do, just that anadrol would be a better choice. He mentioned Halotestin offhand also.

I brought this up because it is something that I've always wondered about but had no idea if it had any basis in fact.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
Obviously, this pattern of thinking has been debunked with modern advances in steroid information....running a heavy androgen towards the end of a cycle has always been a no-no as far as I am concerned...which is why people run winny at the end of a cycle to help solidfy gains....

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Here is the thing, you would want to keep estrogen low for easier recovery, however that has nothing to do with being andrognen. M5AA and MDHT are serious androgens but would probably be great for the last few weeks because of the anti e effect. But Anadrol at the end would make no point whatsoever.
Sledge I here what your saying. Personally I would rather run a stronger anti E that isn't methylated and run something like winstrol or m4ohn, maybe this new superdrol as a high anabolic with it. In my opinion you'd have much more success.

Duchaine was ahead of his time, he had some very inovative idea's but this wasn't a good one. You win some you lose some but the important thing is you try. Duchaine lived that way.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I have to point out that the theory didn't just include anadrol, any heavy androgen would do, just that anadrol would be a better choice. He mentioned Halotestin offhand also.

I brought this up because it is something that I've always wondered about but had no idea if it had any basis in fact.
Halo is good to end with. It is a major androgen that does not suppress at 30mg or less, so the theory holds in that case, however, it's exceptional. I've start many times with anadrol but would never end on it. In general, front with androgen and end with anabolics. Receptor binding must be minimal no matter what though at the end.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Halo is good to end with. It is a major androgen that does not suppress at 30mg or less, so the theory holds in that case, however, it's exceptional. I've start many times with anadrol but would never end on it. In general, front with androgen and end with anabolics. Receptor binding must be minimal no matter what though at the end.
I would definetly have to disagree with that, in terms of suppression. Halo suppresses at a very small dose.

Even if it binds very weak at the AR, most these cause suppression through their metabolites. Case in point is Dbol. 17-methyl E2 is much more suppressive than diianabol itself. The same can be said with Halo and Drol (even the metbolite is not the same). We also have to look at receptor binding times on many of these. Even though it very weak binding to AR the binding time is not.

The only methylated steroid that could be used that is relatively weak in terms of suppression is Anavar but even that shows suppression at 2.5mg.

The effects of fluoxymesterone administration on testicular function.

Jones TM, Fang VS, Landau RL, Rosenfield RL.

Long term daily administration of fluoxymesterone (9alpha-fluoro-17alpha-methyl-11beta, 17beta-dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one) was associated with a modest suppression of sperm production and a profound suppression of testosterone levels in the absence of significant effects on plasma gonadotropin levels. Nine normal male volunteers took either 10, 20, or 30 mg of fluoxymesterone daily for twelve weeks. Plasma samples were obtained for testosterone, estrogen, LH and FSH levels at biweekly intervals before, during and for up to 12 weeks after fluoxymesterone treatment. Samples were obtained for dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, testosterone binding globulin and free testosterone assays at representative times before, during and after treatment. Although lower sperm counts were observed at several points during both the treatment and follow up periods, significant consistent suppression of spermatogenesis could not be demonstrated. Reduced plasma testosterone levels were seen within 24 h after beginning fluoxymesterone, and further reductions were noted throughout the treatment period. Changes in plasma estrogen levels did not correlate with fluoxymesterone administration. Neither plasma LH nor plasma FSH levels were significantly altered by fluoxymesterone. A short term study utilizing a single dose of fluoxymesterone yielded similar findings. It is proposed that fluoxymesterone has a local effect on the Leydig cell which is not mediated by gonadotropins.

THis would only be applified in during peroids of conditional hypogonadism.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My spelling sucks

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I would definetly have to disagree with that, in terms of suppression. Halo suppresses at a very small dose.
I know it, like I said, it's a total exception and may just be an idiosyncrasy for me. It's one of the stronger androgens available in fact. I think the dynamics of a full cycle with multiple, layered agents takes me out of the normal male volunteer catagory though.

From my own experience DHT, test, methyltest, and dec are strongly inhibitory. While, halo, dbol, anadrol are less. Halo has a low order of anti-e properties (except in high doses) and a low to medium anti-catabolic effect.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Freak.

:D

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think ending with anadrol is a good idea. LOL but only because I really like anadrol. I've actualy thought of running a 12 week cycle of test(prop or suspension) with anadrol at the front 4 weeks and the last 4 weeks. I assumed after 10-12 weeks of any steroid your natural t is already so supressed it wouldn't matter what you ran. I could be wrong though as I often am.

Ript22Swole

Awards
Duchaine was right about alot of things, but he was also wrong alot, our problems are if someone is an "expert" on steroids, we tend to use their advice without question, we should question everything in life not just advice on juice

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Also worth noting...

Estrogen (and presumably other ER binding analogues) increase production of SHBG. Testosterone (and presumably other AR binding analogues) reduce production of SHBG. Thus ending a cycle with a non aromatizing androgen would have the benefit of reducing SHBG levels, which would probably assist in PCT. I don't know if the degree of androgenic affinity mediates the reduction in SHBG, that might be something to look at. Lends some credence to jminis' winstrol use at the end of a cycle though.