First Cycle critiques/advice - AnabolicMinds.com

First Cycle critiques/advice

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

First Cycle critiques/advice

Looking for the advice and critiques from people in the forum on my first PH cycle. As this is my first post I will try to put as much amplifying info to avoid leaving out any information for help and to hopefully avoid the typical assault new guys get for showing a lack of their own research and knowledge. I am 32 y/o, 190 lbs, between 12% and 13% BF (depending on the test). I do more functional/HIIT training (i.e. Military Athlete). I eat a pretty clean diet, I've been following an IF diet lately and like it, but I don't know if I will continue this during the cycle. My work typically makes a proper diet and a solid work out program difficult and my level of fitness and BF/size fluctuate throughout the year. I have a nice stetch between now and next year to do some serious training and body recomp. I'm looking to do the cycle for strength and performance mostly, however, I would like to make lean gains during the cycle as well (pinning is not an option currently hence the PH route). I know my BMR, and will probably add 600 to 1000 cals, depending on how my body responds to the cycle but I will be willing to go higher as necessary. I chose Epi (specifically IBE Epistane) due to its profile and my goals. I already take a solid multi, fish oils, joint supp, and a couple other vitamin/minerals daily. The only other things I will use during this will be a PWO, BCAA, and protein. As far as the cycle itself:

Pre-cycle (2 weeks)
    Liv .52
    Cycle Support

Cycle (6 weeks)
    Epi 30/30/40/40/50/50
    Cycle Support
    Liv .52

Post-cycle
    Nolva (40 for the first three days) 20/20/10/10
    Cycle Support
    Liv .52
    Lean Xtreme (this is currently out everywhere, probably going to swap this for X-Lean if I can't get it before I start)
    Activate Xtreme
    Erase 0/0/3/3/2/2/1/1

That is what I am looking at now. I do have few questions still. Is 2 weeks of a pre-load overkill? I plan on having taurine on stand-by, and might get some arimidex(or extra erase) just in case if anyone thinks this is a good idea. I am probably going to add L-Carn and Caffeine, to try to ensure a lean gain and possibly look at adding Clen (but with being a noob, I'd like to hear what people think about adding clen). Also, with Epi I shouldn't need a natty test during cycle, but I'm open to suggestions. Lastly, does any of this seem like overkill or I should substitute or change numbers? I know DAA would be cheaper, but I'd rather over do the PCT than sacriface for money.
    I welcome any thoughts, criticisms, suggestiongs, etc.
    Thanks

2. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Seems like a lot of money for likely small returns. With all those support supps why not something that is more likely to up strength and mass like a SD clone?

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

I was originally looking at DMZ and a couple others, but with this being my first cycle, I opted for a "safer" first choice. If this goes well and my body agrees, I will more than likely go with DMZ or SD for a follow-on cycle in the future.
    From what I gather, you're correct, not ridiculous gains from Epi. But I can't get too heavy with my job and especially not too fast, I'm looking more to recomp/lean gains for thisinitial cycle.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Seems like a lot of money for likely small returns. With all those support supps why not something that is more likely to up strength and mass like a SD clone?
    sd is banned now

you could also go with reducext instead of lean extreme
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions

5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunNC View Post
    I was originally looking at DMZ and a couple others, but with this being my first cycle, I opted for a "safer" first choice. If this goes well and my body agrees, I will more than likely go with DMZ or SD for a follow-on cycle in the future.
    From what I gather, you're correct, not ridiculous gains from Epi. But I can't get too heavy with my job and especially not too fast, I'm looking more to recomp/lean gains for thisinitial cycle.
    you can always run sd later if you can find it and this goes well. nice job not getting to crazy for your first cycle
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunNC
    Looking for the advice and critiques from people in the forum on my first PH cycle. As this is my first post I will try to put as much amplifying info to avoid leaving out any information for help and to hopefully avoid the typical assault new guys get for showing a lack of their own research and knowledge. I am 32 y/o, 190 lbs, between 12% and 13% BF (depending on the test). I do more functional/HIIT training (i.e. Military Athlete). I eat a pretty clean diet, I've been following an IF diet lately and like it, but I don't know if I will continue this during the cycle. My work typically makes a proper diet and a solid work out program difficult and my level of fitness and BF/size fluctuate throughout the year. I have a nice stetch between now and next year to do some serious training and body recomp. I'm looking to do the cycle for strength and performance mostly, however, I would like to make lean gains during the cycle as well (pinning is not an option currently hence the PH route). I know my BMR, and will probably add 600 to 1000 cals, depending on how my body responds to the cycle but I will be willing to go higher as necessary. I chose Epi (specifically IBE Epistane) due to its profile and my goals. I already take a solid multi, fish oils, joint supp, and a couple other vitamin/minerals daily. The only other things I will use during this will be a PWO, BCAA, and protein. As far as the cycle itself:

Pre-cycle (2 weeks)
    Liv .52
    Cycle Support

Cycle (6 weeks)
    Epi 30/30/40/40/50/50
    Cycle Support
    Liv .52

Post-cycle
    Nolva (40 for the first three days) 20/20/10/10
    Cycle Support
    Liv .52
    Lean Xtreme (this is currently out everywhere, probably going to swap this for X-Lean if I can't get it before I start)
    Activate Xtreme
    Erase 0/0/3/3/2/2/1/1

That is what I am looking at now. I do have few questions still. Is 2 weeks of a pre-load overkill? I plan on having taurine on stand-by, and might get some arimidex(or extra erase) just in case if anyone thinks this is a good idea. I am probably going to add L-Carn and Caffeine, to try to ensure a lean gain and possibly look at adding Clen (but with being a noob, I'd like to hear what people think about adding clen). Also, with Epi I shouldn't need a natty test during cycle, but I'm open to suggestions. Lastly, does any of this seem like overkill or I should substitute or change numbers? I know DAA would be cheaper, but I'd rather over do the PCT than sacriface for money.
    I welcome any thoughts, criticisms, suggestiongs, etc.
    Thanks
    I would drop the lean extreme/x lean as you have Erase on hand. Seeing how they're both cortisol blockers and Erase is an OTC AI

7. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

epi or hdrol is a good first PH cycle, save SD for your next if you can find it. Many people will say that epi is a good bulker. I myself have gained 12 lbs on a short epi bulk. just eat big and train hard. i had to stop my epi cycle short cuz of unbearable sides. get this, i respond horrible to epi and fine to SD lol! love it.. knock on wood.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 03:30 PM
  2. Epistane Cycle - Critiques/advice needed
    By 45Caliber in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
  3. First Cycle need advice
    By cg4743 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 12:08 PM