Cycle not going as planned

M

Matt282

Awards
So I'm on day 21 of halodrol and have not made any significant gains. I have gained about 2 pounds and that is all. I have experienced side effects such as lethargy, acne, and puffy/ pointy nipples but still nothing too anabolic. My cycle layout is as follows 50/75/75/75/75/75. Any input is greatly appreciated if I should continue or if I may be responding late. Thank you

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sounds like you're not eating nearly enough to elicit gains.

M

Matt282

Awards
I'm eating 250+ grams protein, 250+ grams of carbs and 80* grams of fat. At about 160lbs 10.7% body-fat, 5'8 height

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm eating 250+ grams protein, 250+ grams of carbs and 80* grams of fat. At about 160lbs 10.7% body-fat, 5'8 height
Without knowing your maintenance numbers, those are taken out of a vacuum and do not indicate anything.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am of a similar height/weight and I eat 210g Pro, 400g carbs, and 120g fat and it isn't really enough. If you aren't seeing gains, eat more food.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, either you bought a bunk bottle, or you're not eating enough. If you were eating in a surplus you should have gained more than 2 pounds after 21 days even WITHOUT a steroid.

A

AngryOldMan

Awards
I track every calorie every day. I find that when running a PH cycle I need about 500 additional calories on top of my BMR, just to stay even. My metabolism goes up quite a bit on cycle. To bulk up, I figure I need at least 1000 calories extra every day. Everyone is different, but it looks like to me that you just need to eat more.

fightclub2012

fightclub2012

Awards
  • Established
three weeks in and your not feeling anything, imo its a bunk batch, who's the manufacturer of the hdrol clone.

M

Matt282

Awards
Thanks for all the input everyone. I have increased my calories even more and will wait and see.

The manufacturer is LGI- halo 25. I don't believe it's a bunk batch, as I have experienced side effects such as acne, lethargy, and puffy/ pointy nipples. I just started into my second bottle too. Is it possible I'm a no-respond to this? I'm really stuck on if I should continue or not.

Thanks again in advance

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
So I'm on day 21 of halodrol and have not made any significant gains. I have gained about 2 pounds and that is all. I have experienced side effects such as lethargy, acne, and puffy/ pointy nipples but still nothing too anabolic. My cycle layout is as follows 50/75/75/75/75/75. Any input is greatly appreciated if I should continue or if I may be responding late. Thank you

Its because you do not have a testosterone base.
There is a reason just about ALL VET's say NEVER run oral only cycles or testless cycles.
You will be shut down and not have test in your blood, other steroids are not used in the exact same way as test would and its needed by the body for many functions.
On this forum alot of supp places push oral cycles, even as an LG rep I dont and wont.
When I say TEST BASE, it does NOT have to be injections, though I feel those are most optimal. It could even be a test cream, even dhea and/or pregnenolone.
you are also a bit young, your not done developing (most of it anywy) till around age 23-25.
also if this is your first cycle you may be expecting things srom steroids that they are not.
also you can take all the aas in the world and not gain much of anything without the right diet and training.

I know a guy that used same lab and did same cycle as me (teste, deca, dbol) but went a bit longer and also added winny. after 4 months guess what? I saw him (not a close friend so i didnt see him in a while) and he looked liek eh never worked out still, all he got was a fat face and actually looked WORSE then before cycle. then he askes ME WTF I am takign because I am huge. *i should note i told him time and tiem again you need ot eat alot of protein and work out right, because I could tell when i said this he quicly agreed and brushed it off. he thought steroid where special.
i guess due to media and people that actually know how to eat and lift he thought steorids it self would do the trick to soem mass..... not the case. and even with steroids expect YEARS of use and lifting to gain any worthy mass. its not as easy as some think, just because you are taking steroids...

GOOD LUCK ! :)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
also from a good guy i know a short to the point post:
dadawg:
Oral cycles
its spring and every day it seems like i read another ORAL ONLY thread on 1 board or another , dbol only appears to be the favorite sure fire method to look good for spring break.

1st off i would like to say that theres is nothing wrong with dbol , it definately has its place . the same goes for var , drol , halo , tbol , etc. .

heres the problem with oral only cycles . the average man needs 100-200 mg a week of injected test if hes on hormone replacement therapy . if you start using steroids your natural test will shut down , even on var so you will lose the benefit of the test when you cycle.that means you will have to take in that much steroids JUST TO BREAK EVEN.on top of that when you come of that oral / dbol you will be shut down and will take several weeks to recover so you will lose there as well.

thats not a problem on injectable cycles because you will be taking anywhere from 2-5 times as much hormones or more than your body naturally produces . YOU CAN NOT DO THAT USING JUST ORAL STEROIDS. the health effects of massive oral cycles make running them just plain stupid and dangerous.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Well, either you bought a bunk bottle, or you're not eating enough. If you were eating in a surplus you should have gained more than 2 pounds after 21 days even WITHOUT a steroid.
not when you are shut down and test is low and orals dont surpass anabolic effect....

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
to the thread starter:

You do have a PCT on hand right?

M

Matt282

Awards
Thank you very much for the response. As far as a test base I don't have any test cream or DHEA on hand right now. Would D-Aspartic acid suffice? I have that on hand currently originally for pct. And my diet and training is on check, I expected a 10 pound yield from this cycle.

M

Matt282

Awards
Yes, nolva, test boosters, Cortisol blocker and creatine. Along with support supps

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Thank you very much for the response. As far as a test base I don't have any test cream or DHEA on hand right now. Would D-Aspartic acid suffice? I have that on hand currently originally for pct. And my diet and training is on check, I expected a 10 pound yield from this cycle.
I would deff add DAA during cycle.
for PCT im still not sold it HELPS PCT, boosting test sometimes causes shut down (trust me makesmore sence then it sounds), so ita a balancing act and i think its possible for DAA to hinder pct in some cases. do i know for sure? no
I would deff add the DAA 2-4g ed and see if you feel a bit better and it may add to gains.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

I am happy with 10-15 lb ln a year WITH 2 cycles atleast, and all having atleast 500mg tese ew. I mean muscle of course, not water or fat, 30lb in a year is fine on scale, but that wont (most likely) be even half muscle.
and keep in mind when we say water or bloat with aas use, sometimes thatmeans IN the muscle so it may look like size. alot think bload is just in belly, not the case with alot of steroids.
what you are takign that should not be an issue, but just thought id add that.

mind you if you are untrained, new to this and new to aas, 10 or even 20lb IS possible, but after soem gains, that it drops off.
ask some vets/pro's and that will tell you they will go heavy in training and aas just to gain a few lb over a year. once you get bigger it slows down ALOT.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Yes, nolva, test boosters, Cortisol blocker and creatine. Along with support supps
cool good.
I always take creatine on or off cycle.
i would rather use it on cycle then off if i had to pick.
its so cheap its dumb NO to use in my op.

i ue it daily for YEARS, of course most of year is only 2-3 g ed then USE will go 5-10g for couple months at a time.

Good luck man!

R

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
not when you are shut down and test is low and orals dont surpass anabolic effect....
75mg of hdrol a day far surpasses what your natural test level will anabolic wise.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I trust your opinion as a vet, but i simply don't agree with you on this point. If he's shut down, then he has plenty of exogenous test. If he's not shut down, which is my thought as it's only 21 days on Hdrol (lulz weak), he still can make gains. You don't need some astronomical amount of test to make muscle gains. Hdrol will provide plenty of exogenous test regardless of his HPTA status.

M

Matt282

Awards
After increasing my carbs by 100 grams and throwing in some DAA I'm seeing results. Thanks for the help everyone.

M

Matt282

Awards
I would deff add DAA during cycle.
for PCT im still not sold it HELPS PCT, boosting test sometimes causes shut down (trust me makesmore sence then it sounds), so ita a balancing act and i think its possible for DAA to hinder pct in some cases. do i know for sure? no
I would deff add the DAA 2-4g ed and see if you feel a bit better and it may add to gains.
I was wondering if you could perhaps elaborate on the concept of DAA hindering natural test reproduction in pct. Thank you.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wondering if you could perhaps elaborate on the concept of DAA hindering natural test reproduction in pct. Thank you.
DAA is a natural source of testosterone, not exogenous. It will not hinder PCT or overall recovery.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAA is a natural source of testosterone, not exogenous. It will not hinder PCT or overall recovery.

randysavage

randysavage

Awards
  • Established
what are some good test bases that aren't injections

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
Its because you do not have a testosterone base.
There is a reason just about ALL VET's say NEVER run oral only cycles or testless cycles.
You will be shut down and not have test in your blood, other steroids are not used in the exact same way as test would and its needed by the body for many functions.
On this forum alot of supp places push oral cycles, even as an LG rep I dont and wont.
When I say TEST BASE, it does NOT have to be injections, though I feel those are most optimal. It could even be a test cream, even dhea and/or pregnenolone.
you are also a bit young, your not done developing (most of it anywy) till around age 23-25.
also if this is your first cycle you may be expecting things srom steroids that they are not.
also you can take all the aas in the world and not gain much of anything without the right diet and training.

I know a guy that used same lab and did same cycle as me (teste, deca, dbol) but went a bit longer and also added winny. after 4 months guess what? I saw him (not a close friend so i didnt see him in a while) and he looked liek eh never worked out still, all he got was a fat face and actually looked WORSE then before cycle. then he askes ME WTF I am takign because I am huge. *i should note i told him time and tiem again you need ot eat alot of protein and work out right, because I could tell when i said this he quicly agreed and brushed it off. he thought steroid where special.
i guess due to media and people that actually know how to eat and lift he thought steorids it self would do the trick to soem mass..... not the case. and even with steroids expect YEARS of use and lifting to gain any worthy mass. its not as easy as some think, just because you are taking steroids...

GOOD LUCK ! :)
Would demacrine be a good test base for a helladrol cycle? I know absolutely nothing about test bases, will have to research

M

Matt282

Awards
Would using DAA during the cycle increase or benefit to gains? If so, would this mean it would be less effective during pct? Thanks again

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would using DAA during the cycle increase or benefit to gains? If so, would this mean it would be less effective during pct? Thanks again
I don't really see a reason to use DAA on cycle, it's not going to improve gains that's for sure.