Buy carb Powder 4 SD cycle?

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

Buy carb Powder 4 SD cycle?

Hello, real quick just wanna say hello im new on here, migrated from another bb forum i didnt like to much. I hope to be here for a long while as i love bb, and i hope to make some new friends on here and meet some cool people, thanks!

So this is my 3rd cycle (first was epi, second SD, and im almost 30yo.) im going to start in a couple weeks, its going to be SD. So i know SD loves carbs, i get plenty but im wondering if it would be worth the cash (its pretty cheap) to buy a carb powder supp, and which kind would be best? any1 have any experience with this? thanks!

Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.85%

Just buy Oats man
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.54%

welcome AM.
    what's your goal this time on SD. that will dictate your carb/protein consumption.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Uh, eat bread or oats or sugar or any other carb source? Food consumption = gain, not simply carb consumption.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Ask me about Reload. Free SNS for your labels
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.22%

Mountain Dew.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.33%

Quote Originally Posted by R1187
    Mountain Dew.
    Yes do the due, and eat pretzels
    Christopher
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/239904-csa2179s-hulk-mirror.html#post4289751
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think it's cheaper to just buy carb filled foods. I mean I have a pack of whole wheat bagels right now and it's like 50g of carbs in one bagel. Great for the carb hunger. I also commonly eat oats. I usually make them with milk, an egg, couple tbsp brown sugar, and a couple drops of vanilla extract, really good.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.59%

Why wouldn't you take the chance to pig out on carbs? Who are these people that don't like food?
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

Quote Originally Posted by fightclub2012 View Post
    welcome AM.
    what's your goal this time on SD. that will dictate your carb/protein consumption.
    Get BIG!
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    I think it's cheaper to just buy carb filled foods. I mean I have a pack of whole wheat bagels right now and it's like 50g of carbs in one bagel. Great for the carb hunger. I also commonly eat oats. I usually make them with milk, an egg, couple tbsp brown sugar, and a couple drops of vanilla extract, really good.
    Well i was under the impression that carb slam i believe, delivered fast digesting carbs, thought this would be beneficial PWO
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SDking View Post
    Well i was under the impression that carb slam i believe, delivered fast digesting carbs, thought this would be beneficial PWO
    From a quick google search you could eat white rice, watermelon, pineapple, or pretzels for some fast digesting carbs.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%

The belief that we need carbs (and protein) during a minimal window post workout has been debunked years ago.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam

The belief that we need carbs (and protein) during a minimal window post workout has been debunked years ago.
    True, protein synthesis and carb consumption within 1 hour pwo actually haults the production of the natural HGH and other good hormones you create while doing and shortly after your workout. I believe in carb powders personally, sometimes I just don't have time to smash food down my throat.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.5%

use waximaize and put it in ur shakes when u cant get a hard food meal. personally hard food beats shakes anyday but i know sometimes its more convenient. sometimes i put oats right in my shakes u kinda drink and chew at the sametime but its an easy 20+g carbs when u need it i got the idea from a vid with evan centopani
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.73%

i just finished my SD cycle..used dymatize super mass gainer with my cycle..this gave me 1280 calories,252 carbs,52 grams of protein and 1g of creatine. i went from 225 to 243 in 3 weeks with the same body fat...best way i ever did my sd cycle ! and still did 30 min of cardio 3 times a week !!!
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

Quote Originally Posted by no reason View Post
    i just finished my SD cycle..used dymatize super mass gainer with my cycle..this gave me 1280 calories,252 carbs,52 grams of protein and 1g of creatine. i went from 225 to 243 in 3 weeks with the same body fat...best way i ever did my sd cycle ! and still did 30 min of cardio 3 times a week !!!
    Thanks for the suggestion! I just picked up a 12lb tub cookies & cream!
  17. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    Really! wtf.. so i dont need a shake immediately PWO? ill be fine if i just eat some chicken or a slab of fresh bbq ribs PreWO or PWO?
  18. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Really! wtf.. so i dont need a shake immediately PWO? ill be fine if i just eat some chicken or a slab of fresh bbq ribs PreWO or PWO?
    I strongly recommend that you do your research and not take ANYONE's opinion.

If you want sugar on the cheap than consider Dextrose (2 lb) or Maltodextrin (Carbo Gain) (8 lb) but maltodextrin and dextrose can be found very cheaply at a beer brewing supplies place.
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Karbolyn

Dark matter

Generation u can

If you want to avoid fat storage, keep your carbs low to moderate, even on sd.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I strongly recommend that you do your research and not take ANYONE's opinion.
    So peer reviewed published clinical research backed by multiple studies should be ignored.

Ok.
  21. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

So peer reviewed published clinical research backed by multiple studies should be ignored.

Ok.
    You made the statement and did not post reference. I myself wouldn't believe you or anyone else without reference. Notice I didn't say it was false nor did I say you were wrong. Ok.

Chip on shoulder much?
  22. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

havnt read that study, but i know tmw does it lol! On "IF" they said they wont break their fast till 1 hour to 3 hrs PWO to help burn more fat. Im gonna try IF on my next spring SD cycle! cant wait i think the results will be great! does anyone know if there are logs on this? thanks
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%

You made the statement and did not post reference. I myself wouldn't believe you or anyone else without reference. Notice I didn't say it was false nor did I say you were wrong. Ok.

Chip on shoulder much?
    I felt that a subject like that would be akin to me posting citations for creatine. Not a chip on the shoulder, thought it was pretty common knowledge at this point. Would you like me to post citations? I'd be happy to.
  24. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Me? No. I'm quite fine. I've done my own research. Thanks.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%

Me? No. I'm quite fine. I've done my own research. Thanks.
    Well i don't feel like being banned or infracted so i'll keep my opinion of this discussion to myself. Stay classy.
  26. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

True be told I wasn't even referring to you or your post or anyone in particular when I made my statement. I see far too many people take a members word for something and do no research whatsoever for themselves to confirm what they hear from someone.

I've grown so tired of people and their sensitivity. I don't care if you post your opinion. Break the rules get an infraction or banned. Otherwise whatever floats your boat.

(note to self: spend less time participating in thread discussions)
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    True be told I wasn't even referring to you or your post or anyone in particular when I made my statement. I see far too many people take a members word for something and do no research whatsoever for themselves to confirm what they hear from someone.

I've grown so tired of people and their sensitivity. I don't care if you post your opinion. Break the rules get an infraction or banned. Otherwise whatever floats your boat.

(note to self: spend less time participating in thread discussions)
    My opinion is Carb powder is trash unless your 200+ lbs . Hard to get carbs for me at that point haha. Orange juice, gaterade,oats,waffles with syurp,bread, the list goes on and on for Carb sources that are better than powder.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

well, not actually, im suprised at this, as im on the other side of the fence.

most recent study on this, august 2012, published in the journal of strength and conditioning, (sports nutrition)

i can copy the enire article for you, but that'll cost you something. lol.

the pratical aplication i'll write it for you:

" Ahearing to the principles of nutrient timing while engaging in a resistance training program will maximize the adaptive response to the stimulus provided by the exercise program.

Specifically, timed ingestion of protein/essential amino acids & carbohydrate will replenish skeletal muscle glycogen, reduce muscle soreness, and rates of protein degradation, induce a positive net protein balance, and amplify strength and lean muscle mass gains beyond what would be realized from a resistance training program alone.

Currently, there is not a consensus on the amounts of protein/eaa/carbs that is needed to maximize these gains.

Based on the available literature, 1g/kg/h of carbohydrate (taken immediately after and then again 1hr later) will effectively restore depleted skeletal muscle glycogen and decrease degradation.

In regards to protein, around 20-25g of high quality fast-digesting protein taken immediately after resistance exercise appears to maximize proetin synthesis, reduce muescle soreness, and increase skeletal muscle hypertrophy.

On a scale that is rlative to body weight, .25g of high-quality fast digesting protein per kilogram of bodyweight would likely supply adequate amounds of the essential amino acids needed to realize the aforementioned benefits.

The research supporting these recommendations has accumulated over the past 10-15 years, and there is a great deal of apreciation that is because of those researchers who have contributed to the advancement of the science of nutrient timing.

Looking forward, research is needed to investigate the effects of nutrient timing using resistance-trained individuals who are participating in a longer term (several months) resistance training program."

whew, my neck is tired from looking at all that an typing it.

anyhow, i believe the research is positive concerning post workout nutrition, and nutrient timing.

"Nutrient timing for Resistance exercise
    Bill I. Campbell, phd, cscs, colin d. wilborn, phd, cscs, atc, Paul m. la bounty, phd, mpt, cscs, and Jacob m wilson, phd, cscs, School of Physical Education & Exercise Science, UNiversity of South Florida, Tampa Florida, Coolege of Education, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Belton Texas; School of Education, Baylor University, Waco, Texas; an Department of Health Sciences and Human Performance, University of Tampa, Tampa Florida."
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.54%

cool information
  30. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%

long story short, sip on compete during your bad ass workouts, and then drink some hydrolyzed whey immediately post w/o along with some super starches.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.73%

i just finished the 12lb tub of hardcore chocolate..and it taste hella good better then any other **** i have drank but be carerful dont eat hella junk while your takin the shakes or you will get super fat take a shake as a meal replacement.. i take one in the morning for breakfast then other at night after eating a healthy dinner like grilled chicken and some veggies. it has a scooper in it the size of a freakin shovel so one scoop to make one shake twice a day is all u will need..trust me. This way was quick and easy for me to get calories,carbs,protein and creatine for my sd cycle and it did the trick ! i weighed 225LBS NOW 245LBS could only bench 315 4x now benching it 8x
  32. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

Quote Originally Posted by no reason View Post
    i just finished the 12lb tub of hardcore chocolate..and it taste hella good better then any other **** i have drank but be carerful dont eat hella junk while your takin the shakes or you will get super fat take a shake as a meal replacement.. i take one in the morning for breakfast then other at night after eating a healthy dinner like grilled chicken and some veggies. it has a scooper in it the size of a freakin shovel so one scoop to make one shake twice a day is all u will need..trust me. This way was quick and easy for me to get calories,carbs,protein and creatine for my sd cycle and it did the trick ! i weighed 225LBS NOW 245LBS could only bench 315 4x now benching it 8x
    awesome thanks for the tip! i plan only doing 1 scoop a day. Should be enough i have no problem eating big on cycle. I will probably save most the 12lb mass gainer for pct. When it is important to keep cals over maintenance to keep gains.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 01:31 AM
  2. Critique next SD cycle
    By sergeant in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 04:06 PM
  3. How to set up six-week 1-Test cyp/SD cycle?
    By spitboy2000 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 05:45 PM
  4. 1ad powder & 2nd cycle suggestions
    By enkri in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 03:59 PM
  5. where to buy nolva powder??
    By djhex36 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 12:40 PM