To SERM or not to SERM?

  1. New Member
    WarriorMp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    508
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

    To SERM or not to SERM?


    Alrighty y'all, let's hear what you think in regards with the use of SERMs. The first compound... HDrol clones, yay or nay, or something totally different?

  2. New Member
    zeroshens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    1055
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    77.52%

    Always use a serm with anabolics
  3. New Member
    TheGnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    518
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    50.2%

    To have boobies or not have boobies?
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Rhadam's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,815
    Rep Power
    596680
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You can run OTC if you want. Basically think of it like this: a SERM will help you normalize faster, OTC will help normalize but it will take longer. Depending on your cycle layout, you can run OTC off hdrol or pmag or one of the other beginner DS'. Gyno rebound is mainly talked about by people who don't know how the body really works. You're not going to get rebound off hdrol + OTC PCT. You won't grow boobs if you use OTC.

    When speaking of cost, SERMS are always cheaper. Consider nolva + DAA (comprehensive PCT) which will run 30 bucks probably, compared to 2-3 OTC products that may run upwards of 60 bucks or more. Not everyone wants to use a SERM, or wants to deal with the possible long term health issues that SERMs come along with. Yes there is a risk of developing cancer and other serious issues with long term SERM use, but torem has a very low rate of issues popping up later as per clinical trials.

    So to wrap it up, really you can use either. If i were running an 8 week strong DS cycle, i'd use a serm. If i were using hdrol or pmag as stated earlier, mild dose, 4-5 weeks i'd feel very confident in using the proper OTC products. There is a plethora of bloods out there proving the efficacy of OTC PCTs.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Ask me about Reload. Free SNS for your labels
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  5. New Member
    j05441's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    1313
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    67.29%

    Serm. Torem btw
  6. Advanced Member
    KenTheEagle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    774
    Rep Power
    10652
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    6.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    You can run OTC if you want. Basically think of it like this: a SERM will help you normalize faster, OTC will help normalize but it will take longer. Depending on your cycle layout, you can run OTC off hdrol or pmag or one of the other beginner DS'. Gyno rebound is mainly talked about by people who don't know how the body really works. You're not going to get rebound off hdrol + OTC PCT. You won't grow boobs if you use OTC.

    When speaking of cost, SERMS are always cheaper. Consider nolva + DAA (comprehensive PCT) which will run 30 bucks probably, compared to 2-3 OTC products that may run upwards of 60 bucks or more. Not everyone wants to use a SERM, or wants to deal with the possible long term health issues that SERMs come along with. Yes there is a risk of developing cancer and other serious issues with long term SERM use, but torem has a very low rate of issues popping up later as per clinical trials.

    So to wrap it up, really you can use either. If i were running an 8 week strong DS cycle, i'd use a serm. If i were using hdrol or pmag as stated earlier, mild dose, 4-5 weeks i'd feel very confident in using the proper OTC products. There is a plethora of bloods out there proving the efficacy of OTC PCTs.
    I strongly agree with Rhadam, first of all, you just dont do a cycle with your SERM and you are g2g, no sir... first off you need to treat anabolics with respect, and also keep in mind that a SERM is a STRONG DRUG, and have extremely nasty long term side effects, and the worst case escenario is cancer, if you guys read some studies, you would understand, we need to inform ourselves... i sometimes get annoyed that a SERM is adviced as if it were any supplement like creatine... IT IS NOT, it is a medication, and it is the kind of medication that you need to determine if its use is really worth, because it can be harmful... sure they are very very effective tools in the medical field... and obviously, they are very effective to recover you after testosterone suppression. again, you also need to study your compound extensively, and not just because x, y or z guy told you so

    now just an advice for the newbie users, that seems they lack of criteria... if you are in this game, you need to think LONG TERM, not just pick a cycle and run it with your always adviced SERM.... you need to think long term on your steroid use, to plan it right and avoid SERMs over use, because it is not your average vitamin IT IS A STRONG CHEMICAL wich can be harmful in the hands of fools... so yeah, educate yourself, think long term, and plan your cycle right. thats why im also against cycing more than twice per year

    SERM or not to SERM ?... yes (WHEN NEEDED), with precautions, and avoiding em as much as you can, only when they are really necessary.
  7. Advanced Member
    fightclub2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    3735
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    14.4%

    Serm Clom or Torem both are good for Hdrol, as you probably already know get all support supps , and have a good dose of DFA before any cycle, DontF**kAround , get your serm your ph cycle will appreciate it and so will your body.
  8. New Member
    crap711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    32
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    45.5%

    SERMs cause cancer now? That is interesting since they are prescribed to breast cancer survivors after any surgery, radiation and chemo therapies.
  9. Stroke UR Ego's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    66.85%

    I'd get a SERM just incase anyway, but why would you want to skip it ? sources are pretty easy to find
  10. Senior Member
    SuperPro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    46921
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    46.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Everything causes cancer according to the medical field. Problem is cancer can develop very slowly or very quickly and when you're diagnosed there can only really be an educated guess to when the cancer began development. Then you can throw in all the variables which may have caused the cancer and try to guess the most likely one. For instance my mom had breast cancer, though she had smoked cigarettes for over 20 years at the time as well as drank and done a plethora of drugs they said the cancer was most likely caused by DDT(a pesticide sprayed in residential areas in and around the 60s). What really caused it? Could've been any number of things, or a combination take your pick. Cancer is a "mutation" of cells, where cells are created for whatever reason that basically do nothing, those cells than multiply which is obviously damaging and they just keep multiplying. Damaged cells being copied basically. Really it could happen with nothing to cause it, all it takes is one malformed cell by some microscopic accident.

    So that's basically why I'm not worried too much about cancer, it either will or won't happen. Hopefully it doesn't.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  11. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    22020
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    95.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I always use a SERM, but to cut down my exposure I low dose it with an OTC like our TRS I find this to be the best option

  12. Senior Member
    SuperPro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    46921
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    46.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I always use a SERM, but to cut down my exposure I low dose it with an OTC like our TRS I find this to be the best option
    Not a bad idea at all, I've heard SERMs are often overdone.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  13. Advanced Member
    fightclub2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    3735
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    14.4%

    I did something similar on my last pct. basically you don't dose it as high and you come off couple of week early but continue with otc, keep training hard, and eating whole food, stay away from alcohol and otc meds
  14. New Member
    j05441's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    1313
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    67.29%

    I mean a halo cycle isnt as harsh as injectable plus oral stacks. Therefore you dont need as much. You should get away with 3 weeks over 4.
  15. New Member
    bigadam73's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    417339
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    89.82%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Serm! Nolva for sure.it's Better be safe than sorry
  16. Senior Member
    SuperPro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    46921
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    46.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    My halo PCT was six weeks, better safe than sorry. Four with a SERM, 6 with DAA and Erase.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  17. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,820
    Rep Power
    1317971

    Quote Originally Posted by KenTheEagle View Post
    I strongly agree with Rhadam, first of all, you just dont do a cycle with your SERM and you are g2g, no sir... first off you need to treat anabolics with respect, and also keep in mind that a SERM is a STRONG DRUG, and have extremely nasty long term side effects, and the worst case escenario is cancer, if you guys read some studies, you would understand, we need to inform ourselves... i sometimes get annoyed that a SERM is adviced as if it were any supplement like creatine... IT IS NOT, it is a medication, and it is the kind of medication that you need to determine if its use is really worth, because it can be harmful... sure they are very very effective tools in the medical field... and obviously, they are very effective to recover you after testosterone suppression. again, you also need to study your compound extensively, and not just because x, y or z guy told you so

    now just an advice for the newbie users, that seems they lack of criteria... if you are in this game, you need to think LONG TERM, not just pick a cycle and run it with your always adviced SERM.... you need to think long term on your steroid use, to plan it right and avoid SERMs over use, because it is not your average vitamin IT IS A STRONG CHEMICAL wich can be harmful in the hands of fools... so yeah, educate yourself, think long term, and plan your cycle right. thats why im also against cycing more than twice per year

    SERM or not to SERM ?... yes (WHEN NEEDED), with precautions, and avoiding em as much as you can, only when they are really necessary.
  18. Advanced Member
    fightclub2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    3735
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    14.4%

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    My halo PCT was six weeks, better safe than sorry. Four with a SERM, 6 with DAA and Erase.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Havoc stack, to SERM or not to SERM.
    By ChaoticReign in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 04:31 AM
  2. To SERM or not to SERM
    By Schism in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 09:37 PM
  3. To serm or not to serm during cycle??
    By 04svtspray in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 08:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in