Clen only cycle for fat loss

Mkspillai

Awards
I'm 30 yrs, 185 lbs and abt 14 % bf.. I was planning on running a clen only cycle to lose the excess fat... I was hoping someone would advice me on cycle.. The tablets I have are 40mg ones...

I run a clean diet... And follow intermittent Fasting method....

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sure, use clen. Clen is anti-catabolic so no real need to worry about burning muscle for fuel. Dose as you see fit, you'll start low, say 20 or 40mcg to start, then build up to your tolerance level within the first week. Run 2 weeks, then stop for 2 weeks; repeat. You can buy ketotifen which would allow you to run clen non-stop. 1ml ketotifen daily.

mstep

mstep

Awards
  • Established
also get some taurine and eat bananas, stuff gives annoyin cramps

Mkspillai

Awards
Sure, use clen. Clen is anti-catabolic so no real need to worry about burning muscle for fuel. Dose as you see fit, you'll start low, say 20 or 40mcg to start, then build up to your tolerance level within the first week. Run 2 weeks, then stop for 2 weeks; repeat. You can buy ketotifen which would allow you to run clen non-stop. 1ml ketotifen daily.
So if I was to run it two week on two week off do I still need to get ketotifen??? Also when I build upto my tolerance do I maintain at that level till the end of the two week period????

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, i said you can buy ketotifen and run non-stop or you can run 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Yes you maintain your max dosage until you stop. Most likely the second 2 weeks you run you will start higher and reach your max dosage much quicker. My recommendation is that you split your doses during the day. I don't care for the tabs as it's harder to micro dose, some people start out at 20mcg daily, split dose. The is basically not possible with a 40mcg tab. Take half a tab day 1 to assess tolerance. Next day maybe take 1 tab split dose.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
also get some taurine and eat bananas, stuff gives annoyin cramps
I've never had a cramp off Clen, and i've run 200mcg a day consistantly. If you're having dehydration issues then yes, taurine and potassium and electrolytes and minerals are your friend.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Clen will not shield your muscles from catabolism if you are calorie restricted and doing cardio -- there is a definite risk in that regard. Cutting BF Naturally is very difficult if you do not have elite genetics and also maintained a low BF% to begin with.

Hormonal assistance would help, but if you do not go that route just be warned.

Perhaps something like EndoAMP Max could help fight off cortisol via - phosphatidyl serine content. Something to consider.

-Matt

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Clen will not shield your muscles from catabolism if you are calorie restricted and doing cardio -- there is a definite risk in that regard. Cutting BF Naturally is very difficult if you do not have elite genetics and also maintained a low BF% to begin with.

Hormonal assistance would help, but if you do not go that route just be warned.

Perhaps something like EndoAMP Max could help fight off cortisol via - phosphatidyl serine content. Something to consider.

-Matt
He never said he was going hypocaloric. Clen is anti catabolic for normal purposes.

mstep

mstep

Awards
  • Established
I've never had a cramp off Clen, and i've run 200mcg a day consistantly. If you're having dehydration issues then yes, taurine and potassium and electrolytes and minerals are your friend.
not once had in not give me cramps. happens to a lot of buddies too. always take 1-2g taurine and im golden

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
When I was on my clen I did the tough mudder in CO this year... didn't have but One cramp and was at a dosage at 75. No I was not hydrated very well and I hate bananas lol. I don't get cramps on it oddly enough, I love how I feel.

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not once had in not give me cramps. happens to a lot of buddies too. always take 1-2g taurine and im golden
Weird, both that you and your friends get cramps from clen, and such a low dose of Taurine would work. Taurine, to have a noticeable effect on water circulation, needs to be dosed upwards of 6g. That's roughly the studied dose.

Mkspillai

Awards
Ok I'm kinda guessing the picture... So I'm supposed to supplement with taurine and drink plenty of water.. And won't forget the bananas... Good job I blend one in with my shake post workout...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I'm kinda guessing the picture... So I'm supposed to supplement with taurine and drink plenty of water.. And won't forget the bananas... Good job I blend one in with my shake post workout...
You should be drinking a lot of water regardless, drinking 1/2 to 1 gallon of water a day is good for you. You'll probably sweat while on clen, so keeping hydrated is even more important than normal. You don't necessarily have to use Taurine, just keep hydrated. If you do get cramping, pick up some taurine and use 6g or so a day.

TheGnome

TheGnome

Awards
My main goal is to get bigger. But I may look into Clen also to get leaner and stay lean. I like the idea and I think it would help cut the last bit of fat I am trying to get rid of.

Mkspillai

Awards
My main goal is to get bigger. But I may look into Clen also to get leaner and stay lean. I like the idea and I think it would help cut the last bit of fat I am trying to get rid of.
So is mine... Getting big is of course the ultimate target.... But my first plan is to strip that fat away... Once I get that target done then I'll start the getting bigger plan...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just food for thought: It's harder to maintain being lean while bulking than it is to simply bulk then cut.

Mkspillai

Awards
Just food for thought: It's harder to maintain being lean while bulking than it is to simply bulk then cut.
Isn't it easier to do a cut if the bulk didn't really add too much fat... I mean keep the body at around 12-14%... Plus I think you get a better idea of what areas to really concentrate on when u lean out first before u do a bulk... I mite be wrong... Still kind of a newbie...

MonsterTruckr

Awards
Sorry to butt in, but how effective is clen?? I mean what kind of results can be had?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't it easier to do a cut if the bulk didn't really add too much fat... I mean keep the body at around 12-14%... Plus I think you get a better idea of what areas to really concentrate on when u lean out first before u do a bulk... I mite be wrong... Still kind of a newbie...
Well, think of it this way. If you're 20% bf, it's easy to cut. If you're 10% it's harder to get sub 10. The lower the bodyfat, the harder it is to lose bodyfat much less maintain low fat. It's the reason competitors don't typically stay low bf in the offseason. It's the reason i don't go sub 10% until right before a physique show. It's simply easier to gain the weight you need to, and then spend some time cutting. Even at 14 or so percent you'll be able to see which bodyparts are lagging.

Sorry to butt in, but how effective is clen?? I mean what kind of results can be had?
Use the search function, tons of threads on clen. What you get out of it is what you put in to it. If you eat 1k above maintenance and take clen, you'll think it's worthless. If you combine with diet and exercise, fat loss will be magnified.

Mkspillai

Awards
Well, think of it this way. If you're 20% bf, it's easy to cut. If you're 10% it's harder to get sub 10. The lower the bodyfat, the harder it is to lose bodyfat much less maintain low fat. It's the reason competitors don't typically stay low bf in the offseason. It's the reason i don't go sub 10% until right before a physique show. It's simply easier to gain the weight you need to, and then spend some time cutting. Even at 14 or so percent you'll be able to see which bodyparts are lagging.

Use the search function, tons of threads on clen. What you get out of it is what you put in to it. If you eat 1k above maintenance and take clen, you'll think it's worthless. If you combine with diet and exercise, fat loss will be magnified.

I See your point... I guess it all starts with each ones priority... I am currently on abt 14% but wanna get down to around 10% before I go on a bulk...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I See your point... I guess it all starts with each ones priority... I am currently on abt 14% but wanna get down to around 10% before I go on a bulk...
Sure, if that's what you want to do then do it. My 2 cents are simply that you're doing it the harder way, but that's how you learn.

Mkspillai

Awards
Sure, if that's what you want to do then do it. My 2 cents are simply that you're doing it the harder way, but that's how you learn.
I would love to do a bulk at 14%... But I just seem to be putting on excess fat in all the wrong places... And I eat clean... And weight and count everything... Slow bulking is the only thing that works for me...

murk01

murk01

Awards
40mcg pills...fuk that's a ruff start!
I stopped CLEN third day when I got up to 40

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Im currently at 80mcg liquid clen and have shakiness n some cramps but i kinda like it lol ya i know thats a problem

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
What results have u had from clen so far???
Only on first week but noticing that my veins are coming through on my arms. Wife says that my belly fat has gone down alittle. Im happy with it so far knowing by the snd of week two i should see really good results

Mkspillai

Awards
Only on first week but noticing that my veins are coming through on my arms. Wife says that my belly fat has gone down alittle. Im happy with it so far knowing by the snd of week two i should see really good results
Are you doing the 2week on 2 week off??? Have u had any cramps on it??? Taking any supplements with it???

murk01

murk01

Awards
Im currently at 80mcg liquid clen and have shakiness n some cramps but i kinda like it lol ya i know thats a problem
I was worried that I might actually die. I was getting close to calling 911.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing the 2week on 2 week off??? Have u had any cramps on it??? Taking any supplements with it???
Yep 2 on 2 off taking bcaas and protein only. I do have occasional cramps not too bad tho

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Psh rookies. Take 200mcg in a day then talk about sides :D

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Gonna stop at 140mcg 200mcg is just dumb imo

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gonna stop at 140mcg 200mcg is just dumb imo
Maybe for you, for others... maybe not. When you realize that every body is different you'll understand whey dosages for things like clen vary so much. 200mcg was rough, but was bearable for a few weeks while making the last push before getting on stage at my May competition. The body is an amazing organism and will adapt and withstand many things.

ChainLink

Awards
I've used clen 4 different times. First two with 20mcg tabs that I went up to 120mcg/day and only got some headache issues with great fat loss.

The next two attempts were with research chems and each time I had to stop. Even tried using only 40mcg, but I would cramp, get sinus inflammation/headache and an occasional chest pain right where the heart is located. That was enough for me personally to not use clen anymore.

Just another example of how individuals differ and even change with time, as the two different scenarios above were separated by 6-7yrs.

I've tried albuterol and it is much more mild than clen; however, the results are less impressive.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Yes it is much easier to get fat than it is to stay lean while gaining muscle.......

Gaining excess fat in off-season will result in a greater risk in losing ANY accrued muscle gains you made in off-season due to cutting off that excess blubber you gained.

I have witness several times people 'thinking' they gained lots of new muscle in off-season as they sky-rocketed to 15,16,20 % BF --- losing abs, excess lower back fat etc.... all to diet the new gains away to reach competition level BF%....

Had they been mentally tough and strict even during off-season, and kept BF in the 11-12% range....they would have had to do LESS cardio, LESS calorie restricting and not be so aggressive with fat - loss agents etc.. and feel worn out from a 16 week prep.

-Matt

Mkspillai

Awards
Yes it is much easier to get fat than it is to stay lean while gaining muscle.......

Gaining excess fat in off-season will result in a greater risk in losing ANY accrued muscle gains you made in off-season due to cutting off that excess blubber you gained.

I have witness several times people 'thinking' they gained lots of new muscle in off-season as they sky-rocketed to 15,16,20 % BF --- losing abs, excess lower back fat etc.... all to diet the new gains away to reach competition level BF%....

Had they been mentally tough and strict even during off-season, and kept BF in the 11-12% range....they would have had to do LESS cardio, LESS calorie restricting and not be so aggressive with fat - loss agents etc.. and feel worn out from a 16 week prep.

-Matt
That's what I thought... I wanted to get as lean as possible and then start a bulk where I can keep my bf at abt 12-14%... That made more sense to me than bulking first and then planning a cut... Hard to know what the bulk is..

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

-Matt
Wut? This is an anabolic forum, and we're discussing fat loss, and you're commenting on losing muscle during a cut post bulk? Not sure if serious. Keep protein intake high, protein is muscle sparing. Run steroids, anabolics spare muscle during a caloric deficit. Don't go hypocaloric during your cut, there's literally no point.

While i agree with you on the prep part, not everyone does shows. My last prep was living hell, i bulked late and i paid for it with a 12 week nightmare cut. I ran multiple compounds and was able to save almost all muscle while cutting fat, but i hated every minute of it. For the rest of the guys who simply want to be big in the gym, our situation really doesn't apply.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could be very wrong, but last i checked (which was only about a year ago, this study is from 1996) clen is not anabolic for our purposes. I skimmed that study as it's late and i need to get to bed, but i'm pretty sure the dosages used were well above what a human can ingest. That may have played a key role in the anabolic traits expressed. I'll look in to this tomorrow if i have time and post again.

Mkspillai

Awards
Day 1 on clen.. Had a severe headache towards the end of the day.... Workout was good.. But the heat was getting to me...was sweating like nobody's business... Drank abt 5 litres of water through the day cuz I was thirsty as hell and mouth was dry..

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Day 1 on clen.. Had a severe headache towards the end of the day.... Workout was good.. But the heat was getting to me...was sweating like nobody's business... Drank abt 5 litres of water through the day cuz I was thirsty as hell and mouth was dry..
How much did you take? And ya work outs are insane with sweating. Went through two towels lifting One day.

Mkspillai

Awards
How much did you take? And ya work outs are insane with sweating. Went through two towels lifting One day.

Was day one so I started on 40mcg... I stuck to the same today too... No headache today... Just shakes... And sweating.. Sometimes it feels like a heat wave... I was driving with air on on full and still was feeling hot... And my hunger is insane... That's one thing I'm worried abt... I normally get full after each of my meal.., but I felt like I just had a starter..

crap711

Awards
What type of stress does Clen put on the heart? Does it just make the heart work harder or is there more to it?

Mkspillai

Awards
What type of stress does Clen put on the heart? Does it just make the heart work harder or is there more to it?
If u read through the thread it actually explains the effect on heart...

Mkspillai

Awards
Not sure how it works but it does raise ur heartbeat.... I could feel my hard beating... When u workout or cardio it gets faster... HIT is a no no on clen...

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am one of the few who realize clen is not anti catabolic due to the doseages they used in the study everyone knows. They were way higher than humans can handle even scaled down.

Let muscle memory do its job. Cut,lose fat and muscle and gain muscle back in 2 to 3 weeks of eating at base level.

braxbrah

Awards
I have recently been using an ECA stack. I was taking 700mg of caffeine a day and eventually got burnt out and was permanently tired, my gp ordered me off it for a few weeks to reset my tolerance. Its been about a week but the ECA stack was great for energy on a cut, would clen be a similar standard? I still want to stay of caffeine for a few more weeks.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am one of the few who realize clen is not anti catabolic due to the doseages they used in the study everyone knows. They were way higher than humans can handle even scaled down.

Let muscle memory do its job. Cut,lose fat and muscle and gain muscle back in 2 to 3 weeks of eating at base level.
Clen is anti-catabolic under most circumstances. Maybe you're thinking of the study showing it to be pro anabolic, which in fact used dosages not applicable to humans.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have recently been using an ECA stack. I was taking 700mg of caffeine a day and eventually got burnt out and was permanently tired, my gp ordered me off it for a few weeks to reset my tolerance. Its been about a week but the ECA stack was great for energy on a cut, would clen be a similar standard? I still want to stay of caffeine for a few more weeks.
Dose for EC should be 600mg caffeine in total (3 doses of 200mg). Regardless, Clen does provide some energy among other side effects. I really don't see any type of stimulant effect from clen anymore, just some of the worse sides like jitters, vision issues, and sweating.