cholesterol really high? - AnabolicMinds.com

cholesterol really high?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

cholesterol really high?

When I thought I had gyno I went to my doc and he did some blood work. I recieved a call today saying my cholesterol levels were ridiculously high. I recently stopped a stack of boldione/1-ad right before I went in for the test. Is there a problem here, should I be worried? I dont know what to think now, considering steroids/prosteroids are cholesterol compounds could that be the reason. Im not a fat ass, I run and lift and eat a pretty good clean diet, anyone else had this problem?

2. New Member

High cholesterol is another side of steroid/ph usage. Did your doctor say you had high liver values as well?

I've read some of your other posts and I would recommend that you run a cycle of nolvadex for a month and stay off any androgens for at least 3-6 months to let your endocrine system get itself back into specs. As for high cholesterol, make sure you are getting enough fiber in your diet either from an external source or from leafy green veggies.
  3. Senior Member

Originally posted by pogue
    [B]High cholesterol is another side of steroid/ph usage. Did your doctor say you had high liver values as well?
    /B]
    mine did. he warned me about being suspect to hepatitis however my liver functions werent even the the same number range as individuals with hepatitis...oh the good and the bad of ph use. Sage
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

See everything else was perfectly fine, liver etc etc wasnt off at all. My father told me last night that high cholesterol is hereditary, and yeah he takes lipitor or whatever. Whatever I take pretty good care of myself, for a while my diet was out of wack, but it hasnt been for the last few months. I do love steaks and red meat (of course, who doesnt) and that could be a possible contributor, but I try to only eat steaks when I go out or on special nights (eating expensive steaks really) otherwise I do consume a large amount of chicken, tuna and fish (tryin to keep the carbs down). Hopefully this isnt a sign of anything serious, I care about my health too much.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Oh ive also been taking flax oils and fish oils every morning, along with my liver tabs and multis. I do eat greens not just meat.
  6. New Member

How high was it?
  7. Advanced Member

Rictor33

Hey man, I had the same problem.....only I don't remember being on phs at the time. My doc said I had high cholesterol (310) and thats eating right. He also told me it was hereditary, so if you parents have it you have it. He even told me I could go vegitarian and still not lower cholesterol levels significantly. He wanted to put me on Zocor....after researching and learning about side effects, I decided not to take it and go the natural route. I learned of a chinese tee called Gynostemma Pentaphyllum helps lower cholesterol, so I tried it. After 1 months use I dropped 90 points in bad cholesterol levels. Do a search on it, also apple cider vinegar, red yeast rice, garlic and others. Good luck, get back to me if you have any ?????? Later.
  8. New Member

Re: Rictor33

Originally posted by SCORPIO
    Hey man, I had the same problem.....only I don't remember being on phs at the time. My doc said I had high cholesterol (310) and thats eating right. He also told me it was hereditary, so if you parents have it you have it. He even told me I could go vegitarian and still not lower cholesterol levels significantly. He wanted to put me on Zocor....after researching and learning about side effects, I decided not to take it and go the natural route. I learned of a chinese tee called Gynostemma Pentaphyllum helps lower cholesterol, so I tried it. After 1 months use I dropped 90 points in bad cholesterol levels. Do a search on it, also apple cider vinegar, red yeast rice, garlic and others. Good luck, get back to me if you have any ?????? Later.

It's true that it is hereditary. That's why what you eat or changing your diet after you discover you have it has little to NO effect on your levels. I also choose to go the natural route. I've had pretty good success with vitamin B3. The nicotinic acid is the version you need though. Regular B3 is niacinamide and has NO effect on cholesterol levels. I've read good things about red yeast rice, but I haven't tried it yet.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advantages/Disadvantages of really high reps (i.e) 20+
    By jumpshot903 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 06:23 PM
  2. Mom's cholesterol is high, what to do to fix?
    By CF10 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 04:54 PM
  3. Effectiveness of M5AA at really high dosages
    By roccky08 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 05:11 AM
  4. High Reps, no REALLY high
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 08:16 PM
  5. got a blood test done, i have high cholesterol?
    By sushibug in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 11:35 AM