Why do people always say steroids "raise your test levels"???

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

Why do people always say steroids "raise your test levels"???

Unless of course the steroid being used is testosterone, wouldn't any other compound result in a reduction of test levels???

For example I was reading about olympic drug testing and how they apparently make sure your test levels aren't too high.

But let's say the steroid being used was stanazolol, wouldn't test levels actually drop?

2. Registered User

I've always wondered this myself, interested to see responses
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I'm not sure either but I'm wondering if it's the Testosterone to Epitestosterone levels that I hear so many athletes getting busted for.
    •   

4. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    I'm not sure either but I'm wondering if it's the Testosterone to Epitestosterone levels that I hear so many athletes getting busted for.
    if its testosterone, they test for the ratio....if its winstrol they would get a hit on stanazolol, if they are using a diuretic then that would pop on a test so on and so forth. the raised test levels or test ratio imbalance would be the result of using exogenous test.
  5. Banned

this is why there is a big hoopla for testing for GH in sports....it is difficult to test for, so is testosterone, since GH and test are naturally present in our bodies...so they use the ratio for testpsterone....I think they have a blood test finally for GH? but I'm not sure how....seems impossible to test for GH if you think about it. Its present naturally in the body, and is there even anything to compare it with/contrast it with for an imbalance???
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

I would be surprised if they could test for GH.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  7. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    I would be surprised if they could test for GH.
    I agree, but they say they can. Its a blood test, but still....how? it seems funny how that in every sports league or organization that employs testing for GH, nobody every seems to get busted for it (leads you to believe it is ineffective)...and those that do get busted? pretty much ask the same question, how did you come to this conclusion? I know in the MLB there has been a big ruckus about it, but mainly they are centering their argument around taking blood/taking too much blood and interfering with athletic performance.
  8. Registered User

they are meaning androgen levels.

they test to make sure androgen levels aren't too high. whether it's testosterone, or a metabolite of some other modified androgen.
  9. Banned

as far as I know....they have a list of banned substances and they test for all of them....whether it be lasix, or ephedrine, or AAS such as winstrol or deca....the ratio of epi/test is used specifically for "elevated testosterone levels" as they report it. For example ben johnson got busted for winny, so they announced he got busted for winny. some of these MLB guys lately got busted for "elevated test levels". otherwise they either specify or don't specify the drug the athlete was busted for if it was not elevated testosterone levels.
  10. Registered User

In order to test for GH --- the athlete would have to be dumb enough to inject it close to competition to elevate blood levels substantially.

The drug testing is so extensive now that pretty much everything is tested for --- even the intermediate androgens in AndroSeries products could be failing drug tests as the androstenediol (diones) will test positive.

I do not believe they are able to detect 11-adrenosterone yet....

-Matt
    Buy IronMagLabs products and SAVE with matt15

Buy BlackStone Labs product and SAVE with matt10

11. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    In order to test for GH --- the athlete would have to be dumb enough to inject it close to competition to elevate blood levels substantially.

The drug testing is so extensive now that pretty much everything is tested for --- even the intermediate androgens in AndroSeries products could be failing drug tests as the androstenediol (diones) will test positive.

I do not believe they are able to detect 11-adrenosterone yet....

-Matt
    I would figure that in order to detect greater than normal GH levels, you would have to test on the day of or day after injecting, or close enough to the injection....but I suppose if they are surprise testing? then it could be a legit way to test....if they are testing on "such and such day"? then the athlete could easily just discontinue the GH weeks prior to the testing date as you alluded to in your post. I would think you could appeal and say you just had a GH spike ....now a test spike of like 1000mg would be hard to explain LOL...
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I would figure that in order to detect greater than normal GH levels, you would have to test on the day of or day after injecting, or close enough to the injection....but I suppose if they are surprise testing? then it could be a legit way to test....if they are testing on "such and such day"? then the athlete could easily just discontinue the GH weeks prior to the testing date as you alluded to in your post. I would think you could appeal and say you just had a GH spike ....now a test spike of like 1000mg would be hard to explain LOL...
    Most injections of GH cause spikes and is the reason that people inject 2-3 times daily. The spikes tend not to last incredibly long so the test would have to be very close to the injection time. The exception would be GH 1295 w/ Dac which would be much easier to catch as it causes a "GH bleed" or sustained increase in GH levels.
  13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

the main answer? because people are stupid and believe whatever crap some idiot with a nice suit + haircut tells them on the tv news.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    the main answer? because people are stupid and believe whatever crap some idiot with a nice suit + haircut tells them on the tv news.
    Haha quoted for truth! We the shee-ple!
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Most injections of GH cause spikes and is the reason that people inject 2-3 times daily. The spikes tend not to last incredibly long so the test would have to be very close to the injection time. The exception would be GH 1295 w/ Dac which would be much easier to catch as it causes a "GH bleed" or sustained increase in GH levels.

True -- Gh serum will peak around 2.5 hours after injection IM

Then again -- GH without aas is nothing extremely special when you consider the high price tag for the return

-Matt
    Buy IronMagLabs products and SAVE with matt15

Buy BlackStone Labs product and SAVE with matt10

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 04:53 PM
  2. Can you Naturally raise your test levels
    By Matt6969 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 05:28 PM
  3. Why do people not reasearch their products?
    By gibsonj4 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM
  4. Why do people look down on us?
    By IronMarc in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 07:58 PM
  5. Why do people use fat burners in PCT?
    By juggernaut2005 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 09:08 AM