Contamination problem!!!

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I already posted this in the conversions forum....but there are more viewing here and thus a better chance of me getting an answer sooooo....

Here's the sitch.....rubber pieces, about 5-6 of 'em, fell into my test cyp solution. I have a spare whatman to filter and one non-sterile vial. My plan was to re-filter the solution into the other vial (after i sterilize it of course). However I don't have a stopper for it. Any suggestions?? Open to anything anyone can offer here. Thanks.

bionicBC

Banned
Awards
I already posted this in the conversions forum....but there are more viewing here and thus a better chance of me getting an answer sooooo....

Here's the sitch.....rubber pieces, about 5-6 of 'em, fell into my test cyp solution. I have a spare whatman to filter and one non-sterile vial. My plan was to re-filter the solution into the other vial (after i sterilize it of course). However I don't have a stopper for it. Any suggestions?? Open to anything anyone can offer here. Thanks.
Order a sterile vial from getpinz.com
Bionic

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bionic, unfortunately where i live (Canada) it will take 2 weeks or more to get here even if I order through gpzcanada. I will order a couple but was looking for an "in the meantime" solution.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Sterilizing a vial without sealing it is a waste of your time cus as soon as you expose it to air it's no longer sterile.

If you filter into an unsterilized vial, again you're just spinning your wheels cuz you're still gonna end up with unsterilized gear. You need to filter into a sealed sterile vial.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Crap! That means I'm almost as well off ending the cycle early. :frustrate

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
You may not have to... i usually get my order from getpinz within a week. how much gear are you talking about?? If it's just a few cc's then end it early, but if you're talking about several weeks worth then maybe it's worth ordering a sterile vial.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Well it was a 16 week cycle so I"m only at the half way point really. I have ordered several vials and another whatman. In Canada it takes a while for mail to get through so it'll probably be a week or more at best.

Has anybody else had this happen? Any tips for preventing it?

hardlyworkin

Awards
Go to a hospital and then to the pharmacy and see if they can give you one...I get my syringe filters and needles from the hospital here in town..

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I hope you are right....last time it took me 8 days to get my order.

bulkmuscle

Awards
whereabouts in canada are you? im within 3 hours of montreal(location of gpzcanada) so maybe thats why i got mine so quick

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I'm in newfoundland. Still i'm hoping last time there was a delay in shipping or something. In the meantime I might try hardlyworkin's suggestion and try a hospital pharmacy.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I came up with another solution to get me through the next week. It's extra work buttttt......i could sterilize the vial i have and immediately filter into it. Then draw up the amount i need in each syringe for several injections. I would then have 3-4 syringes ready to inject. Since my next injection was supposed to be today I was kinda looking for an immediate solution. Thoughts?
:think:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I would just order an vial from getpinz canadian side and tell them to rush it..
I have always got things fast from them

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
They ship things quickly but Canadian postal service is just not like US. For us the mail truly is "snail mail". It takes roughly a week for anything to get to me from somewhere else in canada. As an example the last package i had shipped from the US took 2 days to get from idaho to the border......then took 12 days from the border to my house....and this particular package DID NOT get stopped at customs!

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I would just order an vial from getpinz canadian side and tell them to rush it..
I have always got things fast from them
you can always go to a vet supply and get something if getpinz can't get to it. Always keep a spare fillter and vial on hand.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
you can always go to a vet supply and get something if getpinz can't get to it. Always keep a spare fillter and vial on hand.
I will from now on for sure. Little things we learn along the way. I never thought of the vet supply store, thanks skye.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Just got my package from gpzcanada!! Awesome. Someone must be watching over me lol.