Reasons NOT to cruise on test forever?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Other than being permanently dependent on a controlled substance, other than permanent ball shrinkage, is there really any reason NOT to just inject 250mg/wk of testosterone for the rest of my life?

Yes this is a serious question.

I'm only 28, but the way I see it, why not just cruise on test forever and then continue to cycle other compounds to make gains from time to time?

My understanding is test is pretty safe to use indefinitely.

I guess you would just have to come to terms with being dependent on weekly injections for the rest of your life?

TheGnome

TheGnome

Awards
Are you going to keep injecting at 70, 80, maybe 90+ years of age?

TheGnome

TheGnome

Awards
If you can do that with no negative effects. Why does everyone stop at 12 bulking cycle weeks? I guess you could stay on for 5 (random number) years and when you get sick of it do an extended PCT? Is that plausible?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
If you can do that with no negative effects. Why does everyone stop at 12 bulking cycle weeks? I guess you could stay on for 5 (random number) years and when you get sick of it do an extended PCT? Is that plausible?
I would actually like to know the answer to this.

You think your natural T levels could ever come back after injecting for FIVE YEARS???

Also, if you were cruising on 250mg of test per week, would there even be any such thing as "PCT" when you finished a cycle of other compounds?

Seems you could just keep cruising to maintain the gains?

TheGnome

TheGnome

Awards
That's what I am implying. There is no going back because you will never recover if you want to stop or life changes at 33 years old. Then again, I have no tattoos. So it seems too permanent to me.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Post this in the TRT section to get a response from Matrix. I do not know what the consequences of going that ling (lifetime) but I do have friend who have been pinning for 6+ years and have one friend who pinned for 3 years and then came off and is ok.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, if you dont want to have kids, or are done having kids, a reg trt dose should be fine for as long as you live.

no you wont need pct after using other compounds.

people come off cycle to prevent shut down, and save money, as you are going to stop making gains after 6-8 weeks on steroids. if you want to continue to make gains while on supraphysiological dosages of steroids, you will have to keep increasing either the androgen, use a more potent androgen, or both.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that you in your avatar bry?

MightyBeast

MightyBeast

Awards
Post this in the TRT section to get a response from Matrix. I do not know what the consequences of going that ling (lifetime) but I do have friend who have been pinning for 6+ years and have one friend who pinned for 3 years and then came off and is ok.
That may be the luck of the draw.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I just don't see the point in being on all the time if you still have to cycle in other androgens to make gains, it just seems unnecessary.

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
TRT by itself is bad for several reasons.

1. Low to no sperm count. Not good if you want kids.
2. Reduced collagen synthesis. This makes skin age faster, joints wear out faster, etc. This is the main reason test by itself for a cycle is a bad idea.
3. Smaller nuts. No explanation needed.
4. Increased ldl and lower hdl. This increases the rate of plaque build up in arteries. It is dose dependent but generally anything over 150mg a week will cause this. Genetics plays a huge role too on how you respond. I personally don't get too out of whack at 150mg a week but over 250 and it tanks pretty hard.
5. Increased rbc. Too much can cause high bp, stroke, or heart attack. Most guys on trt donate blood regularly.
6. Cost. Legit trt isn't cheap.
7. Increased DHT, which causes hair loss and prostate growth. Again, genetic predisposition plays a big role, but something that needs to be considered.

In my opinion if you are going to do trt, consider doing HRT. Test + HGH, and maybe a tiny amount of eq or deca.