dexamethasone

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
Does anyome know about Dexamethasone or Texamethasone, i am not sure which one is the true pronounciation. If anyone of you who knows, pls tell me what it is and using dosage and how to use it, of course the bodybuilder dosage. I've been looking for the web and i didn't get the answer that i want, mostly is on medical side.

tgreen

Awards
Does anyome know about Dexamethasone or Texamethasone, i am not sure which one is the true pronounciation. If anyone of you who knows, pls tell me what it is and using dosage and how to use it, of course the bodybuilder dosage. I've been looking for the web and i didn't get the answer that i want, mostly is on medical side.
Its called decadron. Its not an anabolic steroid. Its a steroid like prednisone used to reduce inflammation. Mostly it is used to reduce brain swelling from closed head injuries. It wont build muscle. Hope this helps.

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
thanks

Its called decadron. Its not an anabolic steroid. Its a steroid like prednisone used to reduce inflammation. Mostly it is used to reduce brain swelling from closed head injuries. It wont build muscle. Hope this helps.
Thanks man

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Ziv, it's a very potent corticoid. Don't do it! Unless your going into allergic shock or just got bit by a rattle snake, then by all means, 12-24mg is plenty. :D This class of steroid is a catabolic, not an anabolic.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
the reason i am replying to this thread is because i actually typed dexamethasone on this website under search to see what findings i would get. because what happened was, i got really sick from influenza and after 5 days on antibiotics without it getting better, the doctor gave me an injection of dexamethasone. it just so happens that at the time, i was on superdrol. around 3 weeks in. I am not sure if it was the dexamethasone mixed with the superdrol or what, but i never looked so big in my life. i mean with a superdrol cycle of a month, i can put on around 10 pounds or so. but with this steroid shot, it was so ridiculous i looked in the mirror. i did search on the internet as a result of this, and it says that it is a catabolic anti inflamatory steroid with a life of around 3.5 days in the body after injection. ofcourse, this huge,pumped look did not last, after around 4 days, i was back to normal. i did step on the scale about 2 days after the injection and i was only around 3 pounds heavier than what i was prior to being sick on the superdrol, but i am still not sure why i looked so pumped. i have never tried any anabolic steroid b4. therefore i have never used a needle to inject any form of a steroid, but i have tried s1+, m1t, and superdrol, and i have never looked so pumped and huge and all in the right places (shoulders, traps, chest, yet no stomache bloat). the closest was what i looked like when on m1t after a workout in the first week of m1t (after that, i was so lethargic on m1t, who cares what you look like after a workout)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
My dog got bit by a brown recluse, his lips swelled up to a grotesque size, thevet gave him a shot of dexametasone and the swelling stopped. I wouldnt want a shot of that. I dont think it helped you gain any muscle probably a placebo effect.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any corticosteroids such as decadron, solumedrol, or prednisone used to decrease the body's inflammatory response will also cause water retention as an associated side effect which is probably what your describing.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
Any corticosteroids such as decadron, solumedrol, or prednisone used to decrease the body's inflammatory response will also cause water retention as an associated side effect which is probably what your describing.
oooh. ic. that must be it then. i hear sd also holds water in the muscle while on. but i guess this injection that the doc gave me was just way more noticeable.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
oooh. ic. that must be it then. i hear sd also holds water in the muscle while on. but i guess this injection that the doc gave me was just way more noticeable.
No! SD makes you lose water, that's probably why the mineralcorticoid action (salt retaining effect) of the Dex made you look so swole temporarily! It certainly does nothing to build long term muscle, just the opposite.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
ic dr. d! i read that it force breaks down sugar, fat & muscle reserves to help the body fight the infection/inflammation which doesn't sound muscle building at all. i guess that's why it's a "catabolic" steroid.

but anyways, my point is simply that i was surprised how huge i looked. never in 10 years of training did i ever look like that for any amount of time. hehe. it was cool while it lasted....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Fastflight IGF-1/GH 0