Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2012 - AnabolicMinds.com

Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2012

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  249 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2012

July 26, 2012

Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2012 Introduced; Would Bulk Up Federal Anabolic Steroid Controls

By Larry K. Houck ?

Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Sheldon Whitehorse (D-RI) introduced legislation on July 25, 2012, that would amend the definition of ?anabolic steroid? under the Federal Controlled Substances Act (?CSA?) and expressly add twenty-seven additional anabolic steroids to schedule III. The proposed ?Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2012? (S. 3431) (?2012 Act?) would significantly increase Drug Enforcement Administration (?DEA?) control over drugs and substances that meet anabolic steroid criteria. If enacted, the 2012 Act would be the third major federal legislative action impacting anabolic steroids since 1990. Congress passed the Anabolic Steroid Control Acts of 1990 and 2004 that placed certain anabolic steroids into schedule III of the CSA, expanding DEA?s authority to regulate such substances.

Passage of the 2012 Act would similarly add twenty-seven anabolic steroids, their salts and esters, to schedule III of the CSA. Placement of anabolic steroids in schedule III subjects manufacturers, distributors, dispensers such as pharmacies and physicians, importers, exporters, and anyone in possession of the scheduled anabolic steroids to the applicable provisions of the CSA and its implementing regulations that establish registration, recordkeeping/reporting and security requirements as well as administrative, civil and criminal sanctions.

The 2012 Act would expand the definition of anabolic steroids to include a drug or hormonal substance (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids and dehydroepiandrosterone) ?derived from, or has a chemical structure substantially similar to? anabolic steroids listed under the CSA if: the drug or substance has been created or manufactured with the intent of producing a drug or other substance that promotes muscle growth or causes a pharmacological effect similar to that of testosterone; or the drug or substance has been, or is intended to be marketed or otherwise promoted in a manner suggesting that consumption will promote muscle growth or any pharmacological effect similar to that of testosterone. The 2012 Act would exclude herbs and other botanicals, ?a concentrate, metabolite, or extract of, or a constituent isolated directly from? herbs or botanicals that are dietary ingredients for purposes of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.

The 2012 Act would also authorize DEA to issue a temporary order for up to two years (that could be extended six additional months) adding a drug or other substance to the list of anabolic steroids in schedule III if it finds that the drug or substance satisfies the Act?s criteria as an anabolic steroid. Adding the drug or substance to the list of anabolic steroids ?will assist in preventing the unlawful importation, manufacture, distribution, or dispensing of such drug or other substance.? The Act would also consider a drug or other substance not temporarily or permanently listed as an anabolic steroid in any criminal, civil or administrative proceeding arising under the CSA that satisfies the anabolic steroid criteria. This could occur if, for example, such product was promoted for muscle growth. The Act would also require anabolic steroids and products containing anabolic steroids to bear a label identifying such contents. Lastly, the Act would also subject violators to specific civil and/or criminal penalties including up to $500,000 per violation and imprisonment of up to ten years.

DEA Deputy Assistant Administrator Joseph Rannazzisi, stated in testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs, ?[t]he use of anabolic steroids or dietary supplements that contain anabolic steroids or designer steroids, in high doses that boost, alter or derive from testosterone may trigger numerous adverse health effects in the human body including liver toxicity, baldness, uncontrolled rage and heart attacks.?

The Council for Responsible Nutrition and American Herbal Products Association have issued statements endorsing the measure (here and here).

The 2012 Act has been referred to the Senate Committee on the Judiciary.

http://www.fdalawblog.net/fda_law_bl...roid-cont.html

Compounds to be added to the banned list;

5α-Androstan-3,6,17-trione;
    Androst-4-ene-3,6,17-trione;
    Androsta-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione;
    6-bromo-androstan-3,17-dione;
    6-bromo-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione;
    4-chloro-17α-methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17β-diol;
    4-chloro-17α-methyl-androst-4-ene-3β,17β-diol;
    4-chloro-17α-methyl-17β-hydroxy-androst-4-en-3-one;
    4-chloro-17α-methyl-17β-hydroxy-androst-4-ene-3,11-dione;
    4-chloro-17α-methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17β-diol;
    2α,17α-dimethyl-17β-hydroxy-5α-androstan-3-one;
    2α,17α-dimethyl-17β-hydroxy-5β-androstan-3-one;
    2α,3α-epithio-17α-methyl-5α-androstan-17β-ol;
    [3,2-c]-furazan-5α-androstan-17β-ol;
    3β-hydroxy-estra-4,9,11-trien-17-one;
    17α-methyl-androst-2-ene-3,17β-diol;
    17α-methyl-androsta-1,4-diene-3,17β-diol;
    Estra-4,9,11-triene-3,17-dione;
    18a-Homo-3-hydroxy-estra-2,5(10)-dien-17-one;
    6α-Methyl-androst-4-ene-3,17-dione;
    17α-Methyl-androstan-3-hydroxyimine-17β-ol;
    17α-Methyl-5α-androstan-17β-ol;
    17β-Hydroxy-androstano[2,3-d]isoxazole;
    17β-Hydroxy-androstano[3,2-c]isoxazole;
    4-Hydroxy-androst-4-ene-3,17-dione
    [3,2-c]pyrazole-5α-androstan-17β-ol;
    [3,2-c]pyrazole-androst-4-en-17β-ol;
    [3,2-c]pyrazole-5α-androstan-17β-ol;

http://www.hpm.com/pdf/blog/s3431.pdf

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This is: No bueno...by the time I finally decide to cycle (some years down the road) there will be no legal stuff available.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

semms like everyone will just use real gear now instead of the PHS; ppl gonna be stocking up on PHS like crazy atm
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  249 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If this passes it will be a game changer for sure. Time to develop some new products...
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    This is: No bueno...by the time I finally decide to cycle (some years down the road) there will be no legal stuff available.

I doubt that there won't be anything available. You could also just decide not to use.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I doubt that there won't be anything available. You could also just decide not to use.
    It will most likely be the case, I have decided to not pick up on anything before 27 , and no pinning before 30...but I've been getting such good strength, mass and confidence gains with natty stuff...that I don't know haha I could get used to this natty route.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

Time to start stocking up
  8. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It will most likely be the case, I have decided to not pick up on anything before 27 , and no pinning before 30...but I've been getting such good strength, mass and confidence gains with natty stuff...that I don't know haha I could get used to this natty route.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about. You have no idea how your life could change in the next 6 years or so.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about. You have no idea how your life could change in the next 6 years or so.
    With the kinda hole I kinda dug for myself last year...I see it either in the Airforce or the Marines to find a way out of the mess that's building up behind me...Anyhow enough of that. Back to topic: When are they gonna resolve if it passes or not?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  10. Diamond Member

With the kinda hole I kinda dug for myself last year...I see it either in the Airforce or the Marines to find a way out of the mess that's building up behind me...Anyhow enough of that. Back to topic: When are they gonna resolve if it passes or not?
    Nothing wrong with the Armed forces. I wish I would have done that when I was younger. I think it will be a while before we know if it passes or not. It was just introduced on July 26th.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Superdrol?! Fuuuuaaaarrrrrkkkkk
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

I honestly don't see how the DEA doesn't have better things to do.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Nothing wrong with the Armed forces. I wish I would have done that when I was younger. I think it will be a while before we know if it passes or not. It was just introduced on July 26th.
    I would seriously love serving my country anyway, thought about this since I entered college, and after I serve some time, they can send me back to college, I finish my engineering degree and they can make me an Officer and then a pilot. It would be a great honor.

Well , its time to Lobby our Representatives and Senators to NOT let this pass.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

The 2012 Act would expand the definition of anabolic steroids to include a drug or hormonal substance (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids and dehydroepiandrosterone) ?derived from, or has a chemical structure substantially similar to? anabolic steroids listed under the CSA if: the drug or substance has been created or manufactured with the intent of producing a drug or other substance that promotes muscle growth or causes a pharmacological effect similar to that of testosterone; or the drug or substance has been, or is intended to be marketed or otherwise promoted in a manner suggesting that consumption will promote muscle growth or any pharmacological effect similar to that of testosterone.
    Holy broad definition.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by broda View Post
    I honestly don't see how the DEA doesn't have better things to do.
    They're saving us from ourselves.

Never mind the meth, heroin...freakin BATH SALTS. The .gov is overreaching here IMO.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  16. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    They're saving us from ourselves.

Never mind the meth, heroin...freakin BATH SALTS. The .gov is overreaching here IMO.
    http://www.wcsh6.com/video/default.a...TPAGE|featured
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Can I get cliff notes? My iPhone won't open link.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Hey America, why don't you try and fix the increasing of obesity rates in the country instead? You know, the 1000's of times more people that have a chance of dropping dead or acquiring diabetes or heart problems from constantly selecting horrible food choices. I feel like that's a little more prevalent than trying to stop people use steroids. Just saying.

/rant
  19. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Can I get cliff notes? My iPhone won't open link.
    It is just a link from a story I saw online today. Its about how the DEA is starting a new crackdown on Bath Salts.
  20. Banned

Reputation Reputation Reputation

usually these things take a year or two at least to pass and become law....and also usually there is enough of a stink made (by people like us) to our local congressman that it doesn't pass. the one plus of the government beauracracy is the fact it takes forever just like the courts. plenty of time to stock up
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    usually these things take a year or two at least to pass and become law....and also usually there is enough of a stink made (by people like us) to our local congressman that it doesn't pass. the one plus of the government beauracracy is the fact it takes forever just like the courts. plenty of time to stock up
    And since SD is quite cheap haha...well People are gonna make LGI and many other companies really happy
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  22. Banned

And since SD is quite cheap haha...well People are gonna make LGI and many other companies really happy
    yeah I was kinda waiting and seeing on the SD thing, I'd stock up on beastdrol since I know its probably the best and most accurately dosed version, but not until its for sure....beast is an expensive brand of SD, but I have found that many of the SD clones that are half the price seem to suck big time...so sometimes you get what you pay for....although LGI has been getting good reviews from the board members here...
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

yeah I was kinda waiting and seeing on the SD thing, I'd stock up on beastdrol since I know its probably the best and most accurately dosed version, but not until its for sure....beast is an expensive brand of SD, but I have found that many of the SD clones that are half the price seem to suck big time...so sometimes you get what you pay for....although LGI has been getting good reviews from the board members here...
    Idk , I think paying more is not always better. However it is sometimes the safest route. As far as LGI I was really worried about their quality since they sell so cheap, but seeing the reviews are solid, a pal at the gym is actually gonna run their SD clone starting on monday...he is gonna go for the conservative 6 weeks at 10mg though.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Brb, buying 100's of grams of raw superdrol.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  249 lbs.

Pick your top 3 fav orals and stock up....
  26. Banned

Idk , I think paying more is not always better. However it is sometimes the safest route. As far as LGI I was really worried about their quality since they sell so cheap, but seeing the reviews are solid, a pal at the gym is actually gonna run their SD clone starting on monday...he is gonna go for the conservative 6 weeks at 10mg though.
    I'm usually the same way, buy the cheaper version....but M-stane got bad reviews from many guys, and beastdrol always got great reviews....so better safe than sorry and wasting a month of your life on a shyt bottle of SD clone. You'll have to let us know how the LGI works out.....I was going to do the same thing the beginning of next year....10mg per day SD kickstart to a 12 week cycle for 4-6 weeks (however long what I have leftover lasts), I should have just enough left to do that from the bottle I have, since I will be using 10-20mg WO days only on an 8 weeker upcoming in september. So I'd be interested to see how 10mg per day for a month or month and a half works out.
  27. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by broda View Post
    Brb, buying 100's of grams of raw superdrol.
    buy me some too.....I'll pay you back later
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

I'm usually the same way, buy the cheaper version....but M-stane got bad reviews from many guys, and beastdrol always got great reviews....so better safe than sorry and wasting a month of your life on a shyt bottle of SD clone. You'll have to let us know how the LGI works out.....I was going to do the same thing the beginning of next year....10mg per day SD kickstart to a 12 week cycle for 4-6 weeks (however long what I have leftover lasts), I should have just enough left to do that from the bottle I have, since I will be using 10-20mg WO days only on an 8 weeker upcoming in september. So I'd be interested to see how 10mg per day for a month or month and a half works out.
    I have asked him to make an account here , seriously he will be asking me 1000 questions about anabolics, supps, diet and everything he wants to corroborate with his experiences instead of joining and reading lol...He has been lifting for 7 years continuous and is a record holding power lifter here...its gonna be his second cycle , after he quit the whole competing at powerlifting , he did epi and ended up shredded as f*ck , now he wants a bit more size and strength. I'll let yah know how it goes.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  29. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

dimethazine and methyl stenbolone aren't on there.

I'a have to look again, but I dont think alpha one is on there either. im too tired to go into the numerous stuff they missed.

but, what they do miss, they get with the "not found in nature, chemically modified, etc"
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

buy me some too.....I'll pay you back later
    Your "services" better be pretty damn good!
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  249 lbs.

If memory serves didn't they find lead and other contaminents in that product?
  32. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    If memory serves didn't they find lead and other contaminents in that product?
    the M-stane? mainly I found that certain lots were pretty much ineffective and gave no real results, it depended on the cap color....so it was hit or miss with them. but i wouldn't be surprised if there were contaminants in them....
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Beastdrol. Nuff said.
    My muscles are pharmaceutically enhanced.
  34. Diamond Member

SteakAdrol.....Nuff said.
  35. M50
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.

is there a petition out to sign against this?
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

SteakAdrol.....Nuff said.
    :O! You are distributing my DS too!!?? <3!!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  37. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by technique88 View Post
    Beastdrol. Nuff said.
    DA BEAST!Name:  angry_bull.gif
Views: 512
Size:  14.4 KB lol
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  249 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by M50 View Post
    is there a petition out to sign against this?
    Last time it was signed into law in like 7 months back in 2004. If there is a petition it needs to be found ASAP but I doubt anything will stop the bill since it seems to have bipartisan support.
  39. Diamond Member

LMAO@internet petitions!.
  40. M50
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Last time it was signed into law in like 7 months back in 2004. If there is a petition it needs to be found ASAP but I doubt anything will stop the bill since it seems to have bipartisan support.
    eh, oh well

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 11:51 PM
  2. Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2011
    By LMR in forum Supplements
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 10:55 PM
  3. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 11:39 AM
  4. Anabolic Steroid Control of 2004. What the ?
    By faceman35 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 12:08 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 07:36 PM