1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

22yrs, Test 530, Doc Started me on TRT

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 22 year old white male, 190 pounds, 6'3 and I've been struggling with symptoms that I feel are directly correlated to low testosterone. Now there has been a lot of been through while trying to find answers to my lack of zest for life, lack of productivity, sex drive, maintaining an erection etc.

I've tried a few anti-depressants, zoloft, cymbalta and wellbutrin, zoloft and wellbutrin made me feel completely terrible and suicidal but helped with erections? and cymbalta made me feel good and returned erections but I opted to stop due to weight gain, price and horror withdrawal stories. I'm only going to include my most recent lab since it's the shortest with most relevant information.

LH 4.3
    FSH 1.6
    Prolactin 7.8
    Estradiol 21
    Testosterone 533
    DHEA Sulfate 342.4
    Cortisol 12.3

My Albumin and Globulin from a previous lab were 4.7 and 2.7 respectively.

My endocrinologist agreed that my symptoms were most likely due to low testosterone for someone my age and decided to start me on testosterone replacement therapy, 2 ml of 100g/ml compounded testosterone every morning that should move my level to the 600-700 range.

I've been on the therapy for a few weeks now and initially I did feel a huge burst of energy for like the first two days then a huge crash were my memory was terrible and started working out less and less cause I couldn't last as long cardio wise and I felt completely lethargic.

The negative side effects have improved quite a bit since then but I still can't run as much as I used to and I feel like i've gained weight despite maintaining a simiar diet (perhaps due to lack of ability to run). I called the pharmacist that compounds the testosterone and he said it's probably due to water retention making my hear work harder and that that would also be the reason for the weight gain.

I would really appreciate hearing your opinions and if you need any additional information I would be happy to provide it please ask. I"ve been struggling with this for a very long time and any advice would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Chris

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.15%

Same boat Nuro. 22, did 4 cycles of PH's with amazing results but i think it destroyed my endocrine system. Im interested on starting on the gel first and shots if necessary. I feel you on all the symptoms, was even diagnosed with schizophrenia. Been taking some AI's and herbs and feel better but i know it wont raise my test to normal levels. What did you say and how did you convince the doc to start you on TRT?

Also went the anti depressant and anti psychotic route as well, did nothing but burn a fat hole in my wallet.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%

533 Test and you get put on TRT. Facepalm.

Lethargic and weight gain. Your estrogen is probably out of whack from the extra test aromatizing.

Also, 200mg ED seems like a lot.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.15%

533 aint gonna get you laid bro. But yes, the extra test is probably aromatizing but that can be an easy fix with some arimadex or reversitol, i prefer erase but that's biased cause its the only one Ive taken. Works pretty well
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Mattinde520 View Post
    Same boat Nuro. 22, did 4 cycles of PH's with amazing results but i think it destroyed my endocrine system. Im interested on starting on the gel first and shots if necessary. I feel you on all the symptoms, was even diagnosed with schizophrenia. Been taking some AI's and herbs and feel better but i know it wont raise my test to normal levels. What did you say and how did you convince the doc to start you on TRT?

Also went the anti depressant and anti psychotic route as well, did nothing but burn a fat hole in my wallet.
    I feel your pain man. Well I looked for an endocrinologist online and found a doctor that looked similar to me (same race and build, I felt was important for sympathy factor) and I just scheduled an appointment. I went in and I told him that I had tried a PH once and that I felt fantastic, I could get boners, I was motivated, I was more social and the only reason I had stopped was because of hairloss. I told him about my experiences with anti-depressants how they just made me ACTUALLY depressed (seriously I didn't know what it meant to be truly suicidal until trying wellbutrin, terrible terrible drug) and that I was at a loss of what to do. He agreed with me that my testosterone levels were very low for my age and warned me that if I went on the testosterone therapy I would become sterile after a while and that I would have to jump start my testes again if I ever wanted to have a baby. Additionally he said it was the first time he had treated someone my age with testosterone. Basically I was just very honest with him about my experiences and my symptoms, lack of erections, mental fog etc and that anti-depressants didn't do anything for me and that I was at a loss of what to do.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

Quote Originally Posted by broda View Post
    533 Test and you get put on TRT. Facepalm.

Lethargic and weight gain. Your estrogen is probably out of whack from the extra test aromatizing.

Also, 200mg ED seems like a lot.
    well 2ml of 1ml/100g which only 10-20% absorbs into your skins right so like 20-40 mg of test a day?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.15%

Being suicidal is IMO worse than death. Not wanting to go out, unconfident to even talk, and dont even get me started with the reaction you get from other people. Honestly i could give a **** about becoming sterile at this point, not having a life is hell. Even when you pretend to be happy it dont work.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Mattinde520
    Being suicidal is IMO worse than death. Not wanting to go out, unconfident to even talk, and dont even get me started with the reaction you get from other people. Honestly i could give a **** about becoming sterile at this point, not having a life is hell. Even when you pretend to be happy it dont work.
    Damn it makes me so sad to read this, I'm really sorry for you bro...
    Hope you get good soon, wish you the best and keep ya head up!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.15%

Thanks. I make it sound worse than it really is but ive been to the bottom of life where not many people have been or can even imagine. Its amazing when you know who you are and cant express it because of physiology, damn life is a wonderful teacher
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

What the hell lol 530 and put on trt?? I'm 5 weeks into my first cycle(test e 500mg a week) and I had blood work done before I started and I was at 374 and my doc didn't suggest trt. Then again, I didn't inquire about it since I am young, but still.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.01%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn
    What the hell lol 530 and put on trt?? I'm 5 weeks into my first cycle(test e 500mg a week) and I had blood work done before I started and I was at 374 and my doc didn't suggest trt. Then again, I didn't inquire about it since I am young, but still.
    If u don't mind how old are u? I'm 31 and my total test is 350-360 on a number of tests, I wanted to run a test cycle as I've pretty much reached my potential but was cautious to run one with lower test to begin with. Is this your first cycle what are u running

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Independent
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Norubit View Post
    well 2ml of 1ml/100g which only 10-20% absorbs into your skins right so like 20-40 mg of test a day?
    That does sound like a good protocol.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.12%

200 mg per day? I don't think so. 200 mg per week is standard trt dose. And they don't prescribe multi compound test, normally its test enen, or cyp.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Norubit View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I've been on the therapy for a few weeks now and initially I did feel a huge burst of energy for like the first two days then a huge crash were my memory was terrible and started working out less and less cause I couldn't last as long cardio wise and I felt completely lethargic.
    Like the others say. Sounds logical that the extra test you got did you good until it started to aromatize into estrogen. Then bam, you came crashing down. I bet taking an AI will get you back to the feeling you had the first 2 days. Maybe something even OTC.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Mattinde520 View Post
    533 aint gonna get you laid bro.
    What in the world does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamTaylor View Post
    I push myself to limits everyday i train tbh, visited my mum yesterday and she said i looked a bit bigger, she doesnt know about the steroids

Similar Forum Threads

1. 31yrs old doc wants me on trt
    By ohiostate2827 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 02:27 AM
  2. FIRST POST, DOC put me on Depo 10ml
    By BatCountry in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 11:50 PM
  3. good compound to start while on trt
    By cumkwakka in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 5