Gains have stopped. Advice?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5 weeks in on my Test E/Dzine cycle.

First 3 weeks- 11lbs
Last 2 weeks- 0

14 days, not even half a pound. Starting to believe that I've gained all that I'm going to on this cycle. If I'm not going to gain anymore, why keep myself shut down another month? Why not stop sooner, recover faster, and start my next cycle?

I know the first thing everybody is going to say is eat more. I've been eating 4k/day. I log everyday. In fact I'm sitting here at 2am eating oatmeal to make sure I get to 4k.

Any other reason? Even at 4k I should still have gotten a couple more pounds by now.

nightterror

Awards
Have you gained any fat?have you seen any strength gains these past two weeks?

Try upping the calories to 4.2~4.5k and see where that leads you

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
5'11 178lbs, 4000 cals/day on Test and you're not gaining weight?...... Stop lyin' :liar: jk but you'd have to be gaining weight on a daily basis even if it was just fat.....unless you're doing wayyyyyy too much cardio.

nightterror

Awards
on my height/weight my maintenance OFF cycle is 3.2kcal, on-cycle I recomp going 4kcals a day.Up your calories mate.

BlackGT99

BlackGT99

Awards

First 3 weeks- 11lbs
Last 2 weeks- 0

14 days, not even half a pound. Starting to believe that I've gained all that I'm going to on this cycle. If I'm not going to gain anymore, why keep myself shut down another month? Why not stop sooner, recover faster, and start my next cycle?

I know the first thing everybody is going to say is eat more. I've been eating 4k/day. I log everyday. In fact I'm sitting here at 2am eating oatmeal to make sure I get to 4k.

Any other reason? Even at 4k I should still have gotten a couple more pounds by now.
A proper Recomp requires that you Zig Zag your cals. Also test e typically kicks in on weeks 5/6 and beyond, so I'd expect all KINDS of gains!!! :)
Don't become discouraged

vassille

Awards

First 3 weeks- 11lbs
Last 2 weeks- 0

why are you eating carbs in the middle of the night?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
The test is just starting to really kick in. The early gains were probably due to the Dzine and the increase in calories. Keep up the hard work in the gym and you should do just fine.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
why are you eating carbs in the middle of the night?
Why not?
You may have gotten bunk test.
Seems like there would be more signs, although to be fair he hasn't listed much. 2 weeks off of dzine with no PCT, I would expect a great drop in weight, even at his caloric intake. If his calories kept his weight steady, seems like he'd have a large increase in BF% quickly. On top of that, seems like he'd be in the state of "going through hell" if his body had no PCT and was trying to return to homeostasis naturally at the moment.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you gained any fat?have you seen any strength gains these past two weeks?
Try upping the calories to 4.2~4.5k and see where that leads you
Very little fat. I honestly have a drier, harder look. More vascular. I was going for a straight bulk. While I know its not ideal, I wouldn't have minded a 'puffy' look. Just wanted to gain.
Strength shot up the first 3 weeks. I haven't seen anything significant since.
5'11 178lbs, 4000 cals/day on Test and you're not gaining weight?...... Stop lyin' :liar: jk but you'd have to be gaining weight on a daily basis even if it was just fat.....unless you're doing wayyyyyy too much cardio.
That's what I'm saying. Granted I may not be eating 5k/day, but i should still see something. As for cardio, very little. One day a week.

Btw, Im about 188 today.

Seems like there would be more signs, although to be fair he hasn't listed much. 2 weeks off of dzine with no PCT, I would expect a great drop in weight, even at his caloric intake. If his calories kept his weight steady, seems like he'd have a large increase in BF% quickly. On top of that, seems like he'd be in the state of "going through hell" if his body had no PCT and was trying to return to homeostasis naturally at the moment.
Sorry about that. I'm actually still on the Dzine (you can go up to 6 weeks). The only difference is I dropped from 45mg/day to 30mg/day to try to ween off.

The cycle looks like this:
Week 1-10: Test E 500mg/wk
Week 1-6: Dzine 45mg-30mg
Adex as needed

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Explain your reasoning behind tapering down with Dzine? To try and "ween" off you say? I'm not sure if you're thinking about PHs in the right context...I would be running that compound at 45mg until the end of week 6, tapering down just seems to be asking for exactly what you're getting - significantly decreased gains.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Explain your reasoning behind tapering down with Dzine? To try and "ween" off you say? I'm not sure if you're thinking about PHs in the right context...I would be running that compound at 45mg until the end of week 6, tapering down just seems to be asking for exactly what you're getting - significantly decreased gains.
I've only recently lowered it (in the past few days). The gains stopped long before that (even at 45mgs). I can bump it back up for the final week.

P.S. even with Dzine at 30, the Test should more than be making up for it, no?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

First 3 weeks- 11lbs
Last 2 weeks- 0

Test E takes roughly 4 weeks to kick in. You were gaining off Dzine, now you tapered off when your Enanthate is barely starting to kick. That or like others have said you may have bunk test. Does it hurt after you inject? Not the numbness or whatever from starting to pin, but i'm talking muscle pain that shouldn't be happening.

Lastly, you simply could not be tracking calories correctly, which is usually the case. People love to over estimate their intake.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Test E takes roughly 4 weeks to kick in. You were gaining off Dzine, now you tapered off when your Enanthate is barely starting to kick. That or like others have said you may have bunk test. Does it hurt after you inject? Not the numbness or whatever from starting to pin, but i'm talking muscle pain that shouldn't be happening.

Lastly, you simply could not be tracking calories correctly, which is usually the case. People love to over estimate their intake.
Yea, I get PIP for like a day or 2 after injecting. Then it goes away.

chestbrother

Awards
Yea, I get PIP for like a day or 2 after injecting. Then it goes away.
As Rhadam said it could be a case of over estimating calorie intake. How do you track your colories and what's your daily diet look like?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As Rhadam said it could be a case of over estimating calorie intake. How do you track your colories and what's your daily diet look like?
Whole eggs, oatmeal, shake w almond milk, turkey sandwhich's or turkey burgers on wheat bread, chicken, steak, whole wheat pasta. Weight gainer shakes. Almonds, oatmeal bars for snacks. And the occasional cheat meal- burgers, etc. As I'm writing this I'm realizing I'm probably eating too clean. Perhaps I need to get to In-n-out more often.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's nothing wrong with fat and sugar. This mindset that you can't ingest sugars or saturated fats boggles my mind.

vassille

Awards
Carbs in the middle of the night really serves no purpose....protein and a little fat makes more sense to build muscle.
Take another look at your diet it's prob why you stuck right now.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
you should count EVERYTHING you eat, the protein, carbs, calories, fat ........document it and then you will be CERTAIN you are taking in 4,000 calories and 300 grams of protein (whatever the goal is).....My suggestion is to make sure you take in whatever your intended protein amount is....then its easy, the rest come from carbs or fat. I prefer much more fat than carbs most days, keeping carbs under 100 grams then having 2 days a week of 150-300 grams carbs, but this is more for recomping or cutting... if you are looking to GAIN weight, balance it between the two, or go heavier on the carbs for that matter. I always have at least one time per day where I eat something "bad"....like a burger or fast food chicken sandwich...not going apeshyt, just one item that is not low fat or low carb or whatever....a burger for instance, but no fries or soda....but I can almost guarantee you are not getting 4K cals, probably getting enough protein though judging by what you listed....being on a gainer cycle, you could eat dirty a few times per day actually.....

DelaRone

Banned
Awards
^^this. Seems we found your issue 8) I myself tend to way overestimate my caloric intake too, it helps to be anal about some things.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Carbs in the middle of the night really serves no purpose....protein and a little fat makes more sense to build muscle.
Take another look at your diet it's prob why you stuck right now.
Wrongggg

vassille

Awards
Do you have any suggestions???
Increase the protein and fat in your diet. Obviously i dont know what your macros breakdown is so im giving you a general suggestion but if I konw exactely what you eat every meal I could me more specific.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
What purpose would carbs in the middle of the night serve my friend...enlighten me
I'll give you one example.. Carbs break down into glucose. The brain functions soley on glucose.. And when is the brain most active?? In case you didn't know the answer it's at night while your sleeping.. Late night carbs is a myth dude. What matters most is calories but it is important to fit most of your daily carbs around workouts pre and post

1test

1test

Awards
  • Established
I'll give you one example.. Carbs break down into glucose. The brain functions soley on glucose.. And when is the brain most active?? In case you didn't know the answer it's at night while your sleeping.. Late night carbs is a myth dude. What matters most is calories but it is important to fit most of your daily carbs around workouts pre and post
Brain can function on ketones also and quite efficiently my friend

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Brain can function on ketones also and quite efficiently my friend
You missed the point..ketones only generate from fat when carbs are low enough.. If someone like the OP is bulking theyd be getting too many carbs to be generating ketones

vassille

Awards
THere are flaws with your answer but regarding the brain 1test is right , out brains run on ketones or glucose. To eat carbs in the middle of the night because of that is not warrented. Why?
First off our bodies store glycogen in the muscle and liver. You have plenty of that at night for the brain to chew on. If that runs low it goes to ketones.
Second, HGH is released at night when insulin is low so if the insulin is high around the clock that could interfere with your HGH release in other words sooner or later you will get fat if the glycogen stores are fully saturated.
Im not trying to bust your chops man but I would not wake up in the middle of the night to eat carbs BUT if you want to gain I would def have an whole egg omlete;)

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
THere are flaws with your answer but regarding the brain 1test is right , out brains run on ketones or glucose. To eat carbs in the middle of the night because of that is not warrented. Why?
First off our bodies store glycogen in the muscle and liver. You have plenty of that at night for the brain to chew on. If that runs low it goes to ketones.
Second, HGH is released at night when insulin is low so if the insulin is high around the clock that could interfere with your HGH release in other words sooner or later you will get fat if the glycogen stores are fully saturated.
Im not trying to bust your chops man but I would not wake up in the middle of the night to eat carbs BUT if you want to gain I would def have an whole egg omlete;)
Yea I wasn't saying eat carbs all day everyday jus tdebunking the myth that carbs at night make yu fat. And for someone who is trying to gain weight barely hitting there daily macros a bowl of oatmeal before bed is fine

1test

1test

Awards
  • Established
I am really not of the view that carbs at night are bad but choose wisely something like broccoli or any other fibrous low gi carb would be ideal whether bulking or cutting!

vassille

Awards
Yea I wasn't saying eat carbs all day everyday jus tdebunking the myth that carbs at night make yu fat. And for someone who is trying to gain weight barely hitting there daily macros a bowl of oatmeal before bed is fine
only time I would eat carbs later at night if I were to replenishing glacogen stores. In that case there would be no fat gains. If you glycogen if full to capacity regardles of the macros the over spill would be stored as fat.
I can see your point of view though and you just want to gain alittle fat with muscle then is ok.

vassille

Awards
I am really not of the view that carbs at night are bad but choose wisely something like broccoli or any other fibrous low gi carb would be ideal whether bulking or cutting!
Vegetable fiber is always good I dont see that as being a problem.Most fibrous vegetables are low in calories anyway and because of the high fiber content absorbtion is slow.