What Happened To DECA????????

JackedTheRipped

Awards
Deca Durabolin used to be everybody's favorite injectible. It was supposed to produce quality gains with little or no side effects. Now people talk about it like
it's good for nothing but gyno and limp dick. I used the Yellow tops once for about 8 weeks and didn't see any gains, but when I first started reading up on steroids about 4 years ago Deca was supposed to be the best most sought out anabolic out there. What happened????

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Nothing happened to it. It's is great in a bulker and does produce some nice gains. You just wanna make sure you take some test with it to prevent sexual disfunction. Some get it some don't. But I'll be damned if I want to find which one I am. :thumbsup:

JackedTheRipped

Awards
Nothing happened to it. It's is great in a bulker and does produce some nice gains. You just wanna make sure you take some test with it to prevent sexual disfunction. Some get it some don't. But I'll be damned if I want to find which one I am. :thumbsup:
LOL I know right, I don't know if its in my mind now or if its real but when I think back to when I tried it I think I lost a lot of sex drive now I'm too scared to try it again.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It's not so much a loss in drive or libido as it is in stamina for me. I start off like normal but then 10minutes later, I can't even finish what I started! That **** is frustaring with Dec. But muscle bulk and fat loss is always good for me on Dec.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm considering deca my next 10 week project.. I've heard that tren was just as bad with killing the libido, yet I was even hornier on tren than the test prop/cyp.. :)

I'm with Jminis, not sure if I wanna find out the hard way if I'd get gyno from it.. :thumbsup:

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Deca is great for a lot of people but some people are not very responsive to it. And a lot of people don't run enough long enough for it (it takes almost as long as EQ to kick in.) It is one of the few drugs that I like to front load as there isn't (for me) any sides to doing so.

As far as gyno is conserned if the fina didn't give you a problem I doubt the deca will. I would at least try it myself.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
It's not so much a loss in drive or libido as it is in stamina for me. I start off like normal but then 10minutes later, I can't even finish what I started! That **** is frustaring with Dec. But muscle bulk and fat loss is always good for me on Dec.
Proviron.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
methy-dht will help greatly..thast my story and im sticking to it..thought dosages below 600mgs of deca were welll tolerated anyway..least from what i read i will find out some spring time myself.know a hell of a lot of guys in this area live off the ****..

serengo

Awards
The fact that Deca stays in your system for so long is viewed by many as a negative. I found it to be a very positive feature in that hard work post cycle will continue to provide good gains without a quick rebound. Just mho and personal experience with it. I'll use proviron with it next time though.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How bad is proviron on the hair? Guess it would be best to avoid the proviron if one was running a low dose test/deca cycle to avoid hair loss? Should an anti-e be run with it if proviron is not?

bionicBC

Banned
Awards
How bad is proviron on the hair? Guess it would be best to avoid the proviron if one was running a low dose test/deca cycle to avoid hair loss? Should an anti-e be run with it if proviron is not?
No, becaaue the side effects from deca are NOT estrogen related. The side effects from deca are progesterone induced. You can take nolva, arimidex, whatever till youre dried up, and still be gettin the titties. Winstrol is known for its ability to combat progesterone sides, but if you dont wanna go that route, try dostinex. Go generic, though, its less expensive. 20 1mg pills will cost you about $160 shipped. Seeing as though you only need .5mg every 4th day, that should last you 5 months though, so not too bad really.

Bionic

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
im sorry am i invisible? friggin methyl-dht the stuff sledge and custom are selling will work very well for deca sides

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im sorry am i invisible? friggin methyl-dht the stuff sledge and custom are selling will work very well for deca sides
I'm sure many (including me) will want to stay away from methyl-dht because of the acne/prostate/hairloss issues.

I'm thinking vitex to combat the titties from deca... I was afraid it was progesterone related.

bionicBC

Banned
Awards
I'm sure many (including me) will want to stay away from methyl-dht because of the acne/prostate/hairloss issues.

I'm thinking vitex to combat the titties from deca... I was afraid it was progesterone related.
Dostinex works fine.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
back the subject of this thread. one of the primary reasons deca lost favor is drug testing. the metabolites stay present for years/months and this turned many athletes/other tested people off of it.

it is still a very effective drug, and even used by some dr's (in conjunction with test) for HRT

evidence is good that it actually helps tendon repair/growth which makes it useful, also

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Try NPP nandrolone phenylpropionate. I am going to give that a run soon. Its like Deca with a shorter ester. Its common medical name is Durabolin is you want to find a profile on it.

From Steroid.com

Durabolin is very similar to the popular Deca-Durabolin. Durabolin must be injected frequently and in regular intervals. The substance nandrolone-phenylpropionate quickly gets into the blood, where it remains active for two to three days. Athletes who hope for optimal results inject Durabolin every third day, or even every two days. The dosage is around 50-100 mg per injection, or a total of 150-300 mg/week. Those who have access to the 50 mg version should take advantage of it since it is less expensive than the 25 mg version, which is normally more easily available. in addition, the 1-2 ml injections are more pleasant than the 2-4 ml. Durabolin has a distinct anabolic effect which assists the protein synthesis and allows the protein to be stored in the muscle cell in large amounts. This is combined with a moderate androgenic component which stimulates the athlete's regeneration and helps maintain the muscle mass during a diet. It shows that Durabolin stores much less water in the body than Deca-Durabolin. For this reason, Durabolin is more suitable for a preparation for a competition while Deca should be given preference for the buildup of strength and muscle mass. Durabolin, however, can be used for this purpose as well. The gains are fewer and slower than with Deca but of a higher quality and remain, for the most part, after discontinuing the com-pound. A stack suitable for this purpose would be, e.g. 56 mg Durabolin every 2 days, 50 mg Testosterone Propionate every days, and 20 mg Winstrol tablets every day.

The side effects of Durabolin are few. Water retention, high blood pressure, an el-evated estrogen level, and virilization symptoms occur less often with Durabolin than with
Deca-Durabolin. Female athletes therefore take Durabolin in weekly intervals since, due to its short duration of effect, no undesirable concentration of androgen takes place. They achieve good results with 50 mg Durabolin/week, 50 mg Testosterone Propionate every 8 -10 days, and 8-10 mg Winstrol/day, or 10 mg Oxandrolone/day. Three to four day intervals between the relative injections are to be observed. Durabolin is one of the safest non-toxic steroids offering satisfactory results. Durabolin has no negative effect on the liver function so it can even be taken in cases of liver disease. Side effects occur only in rare cases and in persons who are extremely sensitive. Virilization symptoms in women such as huskiness, deep voice, hirsutism, acne, and increased libido are possible but occur only rarely if reasonable dosages are taken at reasonable intervals. Men usually experience no symptoms with Durabolin. Since the release of gonadotropins in the hypophysis is inhibited, there is a chance that the body's own testosterone production in a male athlete will be lower when the compound is taken over a prolonged time and in excessive doses.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, becaaue the side effects from deca are NOT estrogen related. The side effects from deca are progesterone induced. You can take nolva, arimidex, whatever till youre dried up, and still be gettin the titties. Winstrol is known for its ability to combat progesterone sides, but if you dont wanna go that route, try dostinex.
Bionic

Wrong.

A cursory medline search will turn up a number of papers where the relationship between gynecomastia and progesterone is mentioned.

"What is being said is basically that progesterone can only cause or aggravate gyno in the presence of circulating estrogen."

Just a couple of quotes from studies I pulled up on medline:

"Plasma progesterone was raised in 36 of 50 (72%) men with liver disease compared with 20 healthy male control subjects. Plasma progesterone was significantly higher in men with non-alcoholic cirrhosis with gynaecomastia than those without, but no similar relationship was found in men with alcoholic fatty change and alcoholic cirrhosis. Hyperprolactinaemia was found in 14% of men with liver disease but levels were unrelated to the presence of gynaecomastia.. Increased circulating levels of progesterone and prolactin alone do not explain the development of gynaecomastia in patients with liver disease, but progesterone may be an additional factor acting in association with the known disturbances of other sex steroids. (1)

Progesterone enhances estrogen's stimulation of mammary gland growth, and our findings suggest that progesterone may play a role in the gynecomastia that occurs in men with hyperthyroidism. (2)

This is all we are saying: progesterone/progestins themselves are not capable of causing gyno (study 1), but enhance the action of estrogen, which is typically elevated in hyperthyroidism (study 2).

"True gynecomastia is a condition in which there is an enlargement of the male breast due to an increase in ductal tissue and periductal stroma.[13]"

Estrogen receptor knockout mice manifest significantly impaired ductal development, implying that estrogen is key to ductal development, and by definition (see phrase in quotes above) gynecomastia.

(1) Gut. 1982 Apr;23(4):276-9.

Progesterone, prolactin, and gynaecomastia in men with liver disease.

Farthing MJ, Green JR, Edwards CR, Dawson AM.

(2) J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1988 Jan;66(1):230-2.

High serum progesterone in hyperthyroid men with Graves' disease.

Nomura K, Suzuki H, Saji M, Horiba N, Ujihara M, Tsushima T, Demura H, Shizume K.

Tamoxifen inhibits prolactin signal transduction in ER - NOG-8 mammary epithelial cells.

Das R, Vonderhaar BK.

Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892-1402, [email protected]

Tamoxifen (TAM), an antiestrogen, also acts as an antilactogen in mammary cells. In the present study we analyze the effect of TAM on the signal transduction pathway for prolactin (Prl). TAM bound specifically to NOG-8, an estrogen receptor-negative mammary cell line. Within 5 min of Prl treatment, raf-1, MEK and MAP kinase were induced 2-3-fold over the control level. TAM completely inhibited this Prl-induced activation of kinases as well as Prl binding and cell growth. These results indicate the potential role of TAM as an antilactogen in Prl responsive systems.

(3)Fertil Steril 1995 Oct;64(4):818-24 Related Articles, Links

Testosterone-induced hyperprolactinaemia in a patient with a disturbance of hypothalamo-pituitary regulation.

Nicoletti I, Filipponi P, Fedeli L, Ambrosi F, Gregorini G, Santeusanio F.

A case of a patient with hypopituitarism due to a disturbance of hypothalamo-pituitary regulation is presented, who developed high-grade hyperprolactinaemia after the initiation of substitutive therapy with testosterone esthers.The increase in serum Prl was strictly related to testosterone aromatization to oestradiol, since anti-oestrogen compounds were effective in reducing (clomiphene) or abolishing (tamoxifen) the enhanced Prl secretion. The oestrogen effect in raising Prl release was not attributable to a reduction in the dopamine inhibition of Prl-secreting cells, as the dopamine-antagonist domperidone failed to increase Prl serum levels in the same patient. This suggests that, in man, the oestrogen effect in enhancing Prl release is mainly enacted directly on the pituitary lactotrophs rather than exerted through a reduction in the hypothalamic dopamine ..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Vitex is pointless.

Tamoxifen is ALWAYS your best bet when it comes to gyno.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Vitex is pointless.

Thanks Bobo! I always see guys saying this about deca and tren and want to post about the correct preventative measures (nolva) but never had any studies to back it up! :) :thumbsup:

size

Awards
  • Established
We always agree on this. :)

I think that part of the movement away from Deca is the long lasting possibility of testing positive in a drug test. Also, I think another possibility is there are so many more drugs available today that people just want to try more and see what works best for them.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
No, becaaue the side effects from deca are NOT estrogen related. The side effects from deca are progesterone induced. You can take nolva, arimidex, whatever till youre dried up, and still be gettin the titties. Winstrol is known for its ability to combat progesterone sides, but if you dont wanna go that route, try dostinex. Go generic, though, its less expensive. 20 1mg pills will cost you about $160 shipped. Seeing as though you only need .5mg every 4th day, that should last you 5 months though, so not too bad really.

Bionic
That not quite true bro. they do compete with the same receptors but the stanzonol only does so weakly, so weakly that it doesn't really give it a run for the money.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Maybe because Test should always be the base of a cycle and adding deca to them mix might be too much bloat for users? The bloat is one of the main reasons why I don't want to run both together. Another reason could be the trend of users adding tren to their cycles....tren/deca would definitely cause you to go limp from what i've heard.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I think the major drawback to deca is how bad it shuts you down. Takes a long PCT to recover properly. I think eq is a better choice with test.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I don't like deca because it didn't do anything impressive for me. I only like to run two or three things during a cycle and it will almost always be test/tren/anadrol. The only reason I might give deca a run again is because people claim it is good for the joints.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe in that deca shuts you down harder thing. it's probably mostly attributable to the long ester, in my opinion. In other words, blood levels drop off more slowly meaning if deca is used near end of cycle, it would take longer for you to be able to start PCT, creating an illusion that you were shut down longer,when in fact the cycle just lasted longer, in that respect. I think deca got a bad rep for this reason, and everybody jumped on the bandwagon. It might also be due to deca dick (which I think is also way overstated for most people, and at least partly due to the power of suggestion/belief) which people would notice for longer.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It shuts you down almost as hard as test, just takes a few weeks longer to happen, and it actually increases libido initially. But it works great. You get the most from your calories cause it seems like you respond proportionally to how much you eat.

Carlito

Banned
Awards
I guess I am one of the lucky ones, is been 6 weeks at 400mgs per week(no test) and so far I gained 18lbs.! I am hornier than usual too-- no problems there, a little acne and it seems like is hard to catch my breath sometimes.

Carlito