Best on cycle Liver protectant??

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.77%

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring

The IRONy here is that 30 grams of ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) can be found at a particular research chemical site. So quit DRAGON your feet and pick some up.
    How are you dosing this throughout your cycle?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny76 View Post
    How are you dosing this throughout your cycle?
    The jury's still out on the most efficient dosing protocol. Some take as little as 250mg twice weekly, and others up to 1 gram daily. Personally, I go with 500mg ed when taking an oral.

Here's a recent thread:
    UDCA dosage vs tudca dosage

Also, there's this:

"PHARMACOLOGY
    Pharmacodynamic properties
    The mechanism of action of udca in liver and cholestatic disorders has not yet been explained totally. However, udca alters bile acid composition, resulting in increases in the concentration of udca and decreases in the concentrations of the more hydrophobic and potentially toxic bile acids, cholic and chenodeoxycholic acids. udca also has a choleretic effect, resulting in increased bile acid output and bile flow. There is some evidence for immunological effects, including a reduction of abnormal expression of HLA Class I antigens on hepatocytes and a suppression of immunoglobulin and cytokine production.

Pharmacokinetic Properties
    udca occurs naturally in the body. After oral administration of a single 500 mg dose of udca to healthy volunteers, peak plasma concentrations were 7 to 16 ÁM. Tmax occurs at 60 minutes and a second peak plasma concentration occurs at 180 minutes. After oral administration of 250 mg, 500 mg, 1000 mg and 2000 mg single doses, respective absorption rates were 60.3%, 47.7%, 30.7% and 20.7% based on recovery from bile within 24 hours in patients with external biliary drainage.

In plasma, protein binding is 96 - 98%.

First pass extraction of udca from the portal vein by the liver ranges from 50 - 70%. udca is conjugated to glycine and taurine and then excreted into bile and passes to the small bowel. In the intestine, some conjugates are deconjugated and reabsorbed in the terminal ileum. Conjugates may also be dehydroxylated to lithocholic acid, part of which is absorbed, sulphated by the liver and excreted by the biliary tract. In healthy volunteers given udca 500 mg with 14C tracer, 30 - 44% of the dose was excreted in faeces in the first three days as udca (2 - 4%), lithocholic acid (37%) and 7-ketolithocholic acid (5%).

The biological half-life of orally administered udca is 3.5 - 5.8 days."
    RTR.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%

I thought that thread was deleted, has some great info. Was mad when i couldn't find it.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.8%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    I thought that thread was deleted, has some great info. Was mad when i couldn't find it.
    Oh, duh... didn't even realize you were all up in that thread.
    RTR.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.77%

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    The jury's still out on the most efficient dosing protocol. Some take as little as 250mg twice weekly, and others up to 1 gram daily. Personally, I go with 500mg ed when taking an oral.

Here's a recent thread:

Also, there's this:

"PHARMACOLOGY
    Pharmacodynamic properties
    The mechanism of action of udca in liver and cholestatic disorders has not yet been explained totally. However, udca alters bile acid composition, resulting in increases in the concentration of udca and decreases in the concentrations of the more hydrophobic and potentially toxic bile acids, cholic and chenodeoxycholic acids. udca also has a choleretic effect, resulting in increased bile acid output and bile flow. There is some evidence for immunological effects, including a reduction of abnormal expression of HLA Class I antigens on hepatocytes and a suppression of immunoglobulin and cytokine production.

Pharmacokinetic Properties
    udca occurs naturally in the body. After oral administration of a single 500 mg dose of udca to healthy volunteers, peak plasma concentrations were 7 to 16 ÁM. Tmax occurs at 60 minutes and a second peak plasma concentration occurs at 180 minutes. After oral administration of 250 mg, 500 mg, 1000 mg and 2000 mg single doses, respective absorption rates were 60.3%, 47.7%, 30.7% and 20.7% based on recovery from bile within 24 hours in patients with external biliary drainage.

In plasma, protein binding is 96 - 98%.

First pass extraction of udca from the portal vein by the liver ranges from 50 - 70%. udca is conjugated to glycine and taurine and then excreted into bile and passes to the small bowel. In the intestine, some conjugates are deconjugated and reabsorbed in the terminal ileum. Conjugates may also be dehydroxylated to lithocholic acid, part of which is absorbed, sulphated by the liver and excreted by the biliary tract. In healthy volunteers given udca 500 mg with 14C tracer, 30 - 44% of the dose was excreted in faeces in the first three days as udca (2 - 4%), lithocholic acid (37%) and 7-ketolithocholic acid (5%).

The biological half-life of orally administered udca is 3.5 - 5.8 days."
    Thanks for the info! Way more than I expected haha
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

(t)UDCA is going to change the way hepatoxic oral cycles are run for sure... it should be a staple anytime a 17aa compound is used IMHO.
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.77%

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    (t)UDCA is going to change the way hepatoxic oral cycles are run for sure... it should be a staple anytime a 17aa compound is used IMHO.
    Would you runs this along with cycle support or could this be your solo support?
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

along with, since (t)UDCA is liver only, and there are more things to be worried about than just your liver.
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

So when taking Aegis on cycle, is it still recommended to take something like CEL Cycle Support AS WELL, or will one or the other suffice?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%

Cycle Assist has some great overall health benefits, highly recommend alongside TUDCA/UDCA.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.43%

Any recommendations on liver health when taking Osta or is Milk Thistle enough?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Liver supplements (not protectant)
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 05:29 PM
  2. Best Liver Protectant??
    By LeanBulk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 12:07 AM
  3. SAMe as a liver protectant
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15