Please help. any info/advice is much appreciated

champ5

Awards
Hey guys,

I just received my most recent blood work back from my Dr. and I really need any advice you guys might have on some of the causes of my problems. I am 21 yrs old and a little background is that I went to see a naturopathic doctor back in august 2011 for low energy/libido. He prescribed me:

HCG 1000 iu every 3rd day
naturethroid 1 grain ED
DHEA 25 mg ED
Vitamin D 10,000 iu ED
Adrenal Complex 3 pills ED
Arimidex 2 pills a wk

It's a heavy load and I was naive, dumb, and way to young to think twice about what I was putting into my body. I continued this regimen for about 3.5 months stopping at the end of November. Below are my labs from before I started to 6 months after stopping everything.

Auguest 2011
May 2012

testosterone, total 591 ng/dL (250-1100)
191​

testosterone, free 141.3 pg/mL (35-155)
36.1​

dihydrotestosterone 51 ng/dL (16-79)
13​

t3 free non-dialysis 2.9 pg/mL (2-4.8)
2.7​

t3 reverse 26 ng/dL (11-32)
23​

t4 5.5 ug/dL (4.5-12.5)
5.6​

tsh 6.82 mU/L (.45-4.50)
4.72​

fsh 3.0 mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)
1.6​

lh 7.8 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
1.2​

DHEA sulfate 446 ug/dL (280-640)
274​

Estradiol N/A
17​

Vitamin D 86.8 ng/mL (30.1-100)
29.3​

Cortisol, free 1.93 mcg/dL
.71​

My levels dropped off the charts after being off of all medication for 6 months. The truth is I shouldn't have needed anything in the first place but was convinced my Dr. knew what he was doing. Now I have low libido, can barely get out of bed, lost all muscle I gained in high school/college, put on alot of weight, and am very depressed. I didn't research what I was getting into and am now paying the price which I take full responsibility for. I don't know if it's desensitization to my testes or damage to my pituitary or hypothalamus but something is wrong. But before I give up all hope I wanted to see if anybody on this forum had any suggestions as to what steps I should take next. Feel free to PM, email me, or post on this thread. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, I will be posting this same exact thread on thinksteroids.com just for more feedback for myself but wanted to add that so people don't think I'm putting this up on numerous websites because I know that annoys some people. Thanks guys.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Go slap your doctor then go see a real doctor. Preferably a reputable endocrinoligist (sp). Sorry to hear about your situation.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Sorry double post....

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Sorry stupid phone

champ5

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I am seeing an Endocrinologist this Thursday so hopefully he will have some positive insight on the matter and can help with my situation. My biggest concern is my drop in dht from 51 to 13 as well as my free testosterone from 141 to 36. I'm assuming this is all secondary hypogonadism from too much hcg but I'll find out more on Thursday I guess.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I am seeing an Endocrinologist this Thursday so hopefully he will have some positive insight on the matter and can help with my situation. My biggest concern is my drop in dht from 51 to 13 as well as my free testosterone from 141 to 36. I'm assuming this is all secondary hypogonadism from too much hcg but I'll find out more on Thursday I guess.
I wouldnt stress it man. If its a good Endo then you will be fine. A good Endo will know what to do and how to fix the issues. I have seen guys WAY WAY worse off come back... so I wouldnt let it stress you too much.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
No problem man. Let us know how it goes man.