Substances for a cut?

braxbrah

Awards
I am currently on a cut from 240lb's and around 25% bodyfat minimum and a height of 5'11. I am losing 1-2lb's a week but have begun being stuck on a plateau. I have reserached several different forms of substances to take and I am unsure what is best for my goals. I'd like to build muscle whilst reducing fat but I don't want to bulk on top of my fat with that staying the same level. Is there something which will greatly speed up the fat shedding whilst slowly putting on muscle? I understand building muscle is based on eating above your maintenance which I won't be doing on a cut, so I am looking longer term and have realistic expectations that there is no quick fix pill/easy way out. Would anavar stacked with something be the way to go? I have no history of gyno or hormonal problems, I have never taken anything which wasn't FDA approved. I am obviously looking to do things the safe way to minimise any potential negative side effects. Thanks in advance.

FitnessNick

Awards
ur at 25% body fat....... u are for sure not at a plateau. If ur not losing weight, its because ur diet is shiatty.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Quick results are never healthy and slow results are never satisfying.

braxbrah

Awards
Why do people automatically assume that, I record what I eat. My tdee is at 3,800 and i've dropped as low as 2,600. My macros are 250g carbs 240g protein and 70-80g fats. Either I am storing water weight like no other or I am mysteriously putting on muscle( which obviously weighs more than fat). I have been successfully cutting for a few months now, I know my stuff. I am looking for advice on what will boost fat loss, not stuff relating to diet, I know how important it is.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At 25% bf you should still be able to add muscle while in a calorie deficit. I would suggest something like an intimidate/erase pro stack to maximize your bodys natural anabolism and just keep focused on lifting heavier every week.

Just my opinion, you don't need ph right now.

braxbrah

Awards
At 25% bf you should still be able to add muscle while in a calorie deficit. I would suggest something like an intimidate/erase pro stack to maximize your bodys natural anabolism and just keep focused on lifting heavier every week.

Just my opinion, you don't need ph right now.
thank you for the advice. Will look into that

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do people automatically assume that, I record what I eat. My tdee is at 3,800 and i've dropped as low as 2,600. My macros are 250g carbs 240g protein and 70-80g fats. Either I am storing water weight like no other or I am mysteriously putting on muscle( which obviously weighs more than fat. I have been successfully cutting for a few months now, I know my stuff. I am looking for advice on what will boost fat loss, not stuff relating to diet, I know how important it is.
Weight can be deceiving for sure. Try taking measurements of waist, chest, thighs every week to better judge fat loss vs muscle gain when the scale isn't moving.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
true, im not looking for a magic pill, im looking for something to speed up the transformation.
What im suggesting is there is a magic pill but its highly scrutinized by even pro bodybuilders.. You just have to he willing to take the risk

braxbrah

Awards
What im suggesting is there is a magic pill but its highly scrutinized by even pro bodybuilders.. You just have to he willing to take the risk
What is it called? probably wont take it due to the risks, but wouldn't mind furthering knowledge of whats out there.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
Why do people automatically assume that, I record what I eat. My tdee is at 3,800 and i've dropped as low as 2,600. My macros are 250g carbs 240g protein and 70-80g fats. Either I am storing water weight like no other or I am mysteriously putting on muscle( which obviously weighs more than fat). I have been successfully cutting for a few months now, I know my stuff. I am looking for advice on what will boost fat loss, not stuff relating to diet, I know how important it is.
i recently found that im very sensitive to carbs. try cutting carbs down to 50 grams, and upping protein a bit so that your calories dont dip too much. also, at 5'11" 3800 calories per day is a lot. im 5'11", work out like a beast, and my calories are not nearly that high and i am just maintaining my weight of 192lbs @ 11-12% bodyfat.

braxbrah

Awards
i recently found that im very sensitive to carbs. try cutting carbs down to 50 grams, and upping protein a bit so that your calories dont dip too much. also, at 5'11" 3800 calories per day is a lot. im 5'11", work out like a beast, and my calories are not nearly that high and i am just maintaining my weight of 192lbs @ 11-12% bodyfat.
Thanks, yeah my TDEE registers between 3,800-4,100 using the various calculations available. I have been eating at 2,600 but the scales kind of plateaud, no increase no decrease. I am fully saturated on creatine so im carrying 5-10lb's or water weight, but still no budge. Its weird, I am going to measure myself like the earlier post suggested.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second this^

Many online calculators over estimate tdee. I'm 5'10 and burn about 3k per day.

braxbrah

Awards
ty for all the replies so far

will definitely measure myself, annoying as im eating at 2,600...any less than that i'd surely start to burn muscle on the cut. Driving me nuts.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I would try ephedra/caffeine/aspirin and some t3.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
False assumption. You have 60lbs of fat too loose so assuming you are still eating and drinking you will not be loosing muscle if you are still lifting. If I were you I would change up your diet, (remove processed foods), add more cardio, and if loosing muscle is really a terrifying concern lift heavy 5 times a week with BCAAs after words and you should be good.

Also you can use
Alpha- t2, oxyelite pro combo seems to work for most people.
Or get an ECA stack or NYC stack.

ty for all the replies so far

will definitely measure myself, annoying as im eating at 2,600...any less than that i'd surely start to burn muscle on the cut. Driving me nuts.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DNP is the magic pill at 10lbs of fat loss in 9 days that's magic lol but two things...very very unsafe (or so they say) and very very hard to find

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Very true but I wouldnt touch it. Because DNP is basically throwing a serial stabber into your cells.
50316_62708492112_7863552_n.jpg

The green guy is your mitochondria and the purple guy is DNP.

DNP is the magic pill at 10lbs of fat loss in 9 days that's magic lol but two things...very very unsafe (or so they say) and very very hard to find

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
had a feelin someone would mention DNP. scary stuff from reading about it.

braxbrah

Awards
had a feelin someone would mention DNP. scary stuff from reading about it.
Had a look, definitely not for beginners or people not willing to take the risks. Too scary.

From reading around anavar seems to be the best bet, pretty mild toxicity, straight forward dosing and not many side effects if any at all, also seems to build long term muscle at a slower pace which lasts when you cycle off it. Seems to be a good choice for cutters. Not sure how easy to get hold of it is in the UK, obviously want a fully safe supply of it also wondering what else to take with it.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Fast results start in the changing up your diet and then using supplements to aid in the process. Drastically changing up what you put in your body, will also start to reflect on the outside appearance!

braxbrah

Awards
Couldnt agree more ^

Anyone in the UK know where a safe place to buy anavar is? Decided to give this a go dosing 40/50mg a day for around 8-10 weeks maximum first try, i'll then be using a a PCT when coming off. I've read it isn't fully necessary but gonna play it safe anyway, probably grab some liver protection also even though its mild.

Separately, I have some bioforge at home ( natural test booster) will there be any point of going on this at the same time? Has excellent reviews by people on other forums I post on.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Couldnt agree more ^

Anyone in the UK know where a safe place to buy anavar is? Decided to give this a go dosing 40/50mg a day for around 8-10 weeks maximum first try, i'll then be using a a PCT when coming off. I've read it isn't fully necessary but gonna play it safe anyway, probably grab some liver protection also even though its mild.

Separately, I have some bioforge at home ( natural test booster) will there be any point of going on this at the same time? Has excellent reviews by people on other forums I post on.
Can't source here...and there's a ton of misinformation about DNP. It's not that dangerous, only with dumb people.

That said: ECA, cardio, better diet. 250 carb and protein with 70-80g fat is 2630-2720 calories. So if you really are taking 3800 calories then you're ingesting more than that breakdown.

Cut to 2000-2500 calories, and have some determination and self control. You'll be successful with that

braxbrah

Awards
Can't source here...and there's a ton of misinformation about DNP. It's not that dangerous, only with dumb people.

That said: ECA, cardio, better diet. 250 carb and protein with 70-80g fat is 2630-2720 calories. So if you really are taking 3800 calories then you're ingesting more than that breakdown.

Cut to 2000-2500 calories, and have some determination and self control. You'll be successful with that
Peple aren't understanding me, my TDEE is 3,800 but Ive consistently been eating at 2,600. I'd cut lower but then everyone keeps claiming you are 240lb's and 5'11 cutting below that is nonsense and way too low. I'll start taking measurements just to make sure that its not that im putting on muscle somehow which is keeping the scales the same. I am going to cycle off creatine in 3 weeks time also so be itneresting to see what the scales drop to then.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Peple aren't understanding me, my TDEE is 3,800 but Ive consistently been eating at 2,600. I'd cut lower but then everyone keeps claiming you are 240lb's and 5'11 cutting below that is nonsense and way too low. I'll start taking measurements just to make sure that its not that im putting on muscle somehow which is keeping the scales the same. I am going to cycle off creatine in 3 weeks time also so be itneresting to see what the scales drop to then.
Cycling off creatine won't cause a weight drop. The water weight from mono only last 2-3 weeks MAX. You're 240 but 25%, obviously something isn't right...and it's not supplementation

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Cut carbs, increase cardio and weights. Less processed food. HIIT jumprope works wonders. Once you hit 10% bf you can start worrying about having to use something extra for weight loss.

braxbrah

Awards
Cycling off creatine won't cause a weight drop. The water weight from mono only last 2-3 weeks MAX. You're 240 but 25%, obviously something isn't right...and it's not supplementation
I think carbs may have something to do with it, as for creatine im going to lose the water weight so it will cause some of a drop as im fully saturated at the moment. I am eating around 250g carbs a day, but everywhere I read says you need to fuel yourself with this for heavy lifting. I will incorporate more HIIT james, i've been doing a lot of LIIS but time to change that up.