Injection Infection

Badboy85

Awards
I'm looking for any advice for a sore injection site. 8 days ago I took my usual dose of Decca and testosterone but switched ass cheeks for the first time and ever since I have had nearly unbearable pain at the injection site. The pain isn't getting worse but over the past week it has not gotten better. I have a good sized lump there too. I always use a new needle and swab the area with alcohol. Guess I'm wondering if it's time to be worried about an infection or if I should give it more time to go away. Any help would be great, thanks

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
sounds like an abscess

they are pretty common, and can take some time to heal. id try a different spot for a while and try not to irritate the site. hopefully it goes down. i have a friend who swears by a heating pad, but with time they usually go down. good luck!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sterile abcess I got an infection last week first one in 2 years. My quad got real tight and painful (just like yours) except it swelled up to about the size of a baseball, and got red- and the redness spread and within 48 hours I started getting sick that's when I knew it was an infection been on antibiotics for about a week and all is well. If ur not running a fever and it's not red and spreading you have a sterile abcess it will pass

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Sterile abcess I got an infection last week first one in 2 years. My quad got real tight and painful (just like yours) except it swelled up to about the size of a baseball, and got red- and the redness spread and within 48 hours I started getting sick that's when I knew it was an infection been on antibiotics for about a week and all is well. If ur not running a fever and it's not red and spreading you have a sterile abcess it will pass
what antibiotic were you put on and when did you start feeling better? I had a similar issue and just got on vibramycinand hoping it clears up. Glad your feelin good brotha.

SteveOreno

Awards
I hope that you guys recognize that when you have an actual abcess and it is the bad kind... The body walls it off and stuff you take by mouth will not fix it in most cases?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Just the microbiologist in me wants to tell you if you run antibiotics run the full course and dont miss a dose. Antibiotic resistance can be avoided and not running a full course just selects the most resistant bacteria to survive and propagate.

End rant.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope that you guys recognize that when you have an actual abcess and it is the bad kind... The body walls it off and stuff you take by mouth will not fix it in most cases?
Yes yes the sterile abcess I'm referring to is in actuality a reaction from the body at the particular site which can lump up redden(shouldn't spread if does its infection) and swell (although if swelling is outrageous it's infected)

To OP

I was put on bactrim and have 2 days left of it do not miss a dose of your antibiotic I feel great now but I am finishing the full course

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Yes yes the sterile abcess I'm referring to is in actuality a reaction from the body at the particular site which can lump up redden(shouldn't spread if does its infection) and swell (although if swelling is outrageous it's infected)

To OP

I was put on bactrim and have 2 days left of it do not miss a dose of your antibiotic I feel great now but I am finishing the full course

The world thanks you for being smart enough to finish the full course.