Can someone help me understand this? (Osta SARM Question)

montesj88

Awards
I was reading through this article "Nonsteroidal selective androgen receptor modulator Ostarine.sup.[trademark] in cancer cachexia"...found it on "Health Reference Center Academic which is a sub group of the database "Gale" ) Although my question does not relate to the anabolic effect (any articles would be appreciated as i didnt have too much luck other then this one) i did not know where to post this and the anabolic section seemed my best shot to getting an answer.
- SO my question is the effects of ostarine on diabetic subjects...Does any of this info mean anything for those already with Diabetes? And also the effects of insulin levels and insulin resistance being reduced...their implying it is temporary? Or would these effects be seen after stopping the ostarine? Also are there any newer empirical articles published in relation to this topic...this article is dated back to 2009.
This topic sparked my interest as I've been learning about Diabetes in one of my classes and know a few Diabetics as well. Thanks in advance.

Four doses of Ostarine have been evaluated in the Phase IIa clinical trial (0.1, 0.3, 1 and 3 mg) versus placebo for 3 months in 60 elderly men (average age: 66 years) and 60 postmenopausal women (average age: 63 years) [SUP][105][/SUP] . In December 2006, GTx, Inc. released information stating that all subjects who were treated with Ostarine had a dose-dependent improvement in total LBM, measured by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), with the 3 mg/day cohort achieving an increase of 1.3 kg compared with baseline, and 1.4 kg compared with placebo (p 30) were excluded. Subjects treated with 3 mg Ostarine (n = 23) had on average an 11% decline in fasting blood glucose (p < 0.001), 17.6% reduction in insulin levels (p = 0.043) and 26.8% reduction in insulin resistance (homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance [HOMA-IR]) (p = 0.037) when compared with their baseline measurements [SUP][6,106] [/SUP] . Improvements in insulin resistance were more apparent among a small subset of prediabetic (fasting blood glucose of 100-125 mg/dl) patients (n = 5) treated with 3 mg Ostarine, for whom the mean fasting blood glucose declined by 17.4%, insulin levels reduced by 29.4% and insulin resistance decreased by 41.3% [SUP][106][/SUP] . Diabetics or people who are at risk of having diabetes mellitus may potentially benefit from this new SARM.