abcess experience

dirtyleg

Awards
hey ya'll this is a little of a follow up to the post that tommyboy put in a few days ago. About 6 months ago I was in new york for a while, and I have heard how there are a few funny laws in n.y. about even posessing paraphanelia such as needles well I didn't want to disrupt my cycle so I used an old needle of mine, I used to do this a few times in my early days by just making sure I cleaned the pin real good. WEll this time I guess I didn't get all the germs. guys my ass swole up to the size honestly of having a huge grapefruit, my temp. hit 103 degrees and I couldn't even lay on my back I had lay on my side for 5 days after 5 days it still wasn't better and it was turning black and blue and striped and ****, so finally I went to the doctor and they took care of it but I learned my lesson then and hopefully maybe for a few of you out there, not to sound like the mother of the forums, but being clean is the most important thing, well, besideds tight lipped, but anyways ya'll get my point

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow, sounds like a mess. What exactly did the doctors do?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who does injects needs fast acting antibiotics on hand just incase. I don't care now good your methods are or how new your gear is. Have some IM pen-G procaine ready to go or an oral ceph. You wouldn't start a test cycle without some nolva, right? Because gyno is a possibility. With shots, so is infection.

Coolkat

Awards
Dr. D,
What is oral ceph and pen-G procaine ??? I agree it is smart and wise to be prepared for all possible problems.

Thanks

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D,
What is oral ceph and pen-G procaine ??? I agree it is smart and wise to be prepared for all possible problems.

Thanks
I second this question and I'll add to it, can I obtain this stuff safely, legally, any recommendations (I'm sure it's not cheap), how much should I have of what on hand? I smell a sticky :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
EDIT: by KwyckeMynd00 Figured I'd take this down as well...

Yes, I hope Dr. D sees this as well. I would really love it if he could expand on this great topic. Dosing scheme, benifits of one anti-b over the other, etc....I'm frankly suprised there aren't more threads llike this. I for one am more concerned about safety than size gains...

EDIT: Also, if I just got an abcess from an injection, why would I want to inject again :D LOL. I read HERE that injections of Peni-G can themselves cause abcess'. Ha, ha. I'm sure the Peni-G will eventually cure it's own abcess, but talk about painful!! both cheeks!

Last edited:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Gentlemen, POSTING LINKS like Cr4 did is not allowed.. just like posting sources... edited this time.. but please use your head before you do that again..

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Matt,

I was not trying to violate any of the rules, could you point me to which one I violated? I just reviewed the rules and don't see anything about not posting links, only not posting sources. (and I didn't think that a vet supply place was a source, i mean they sell dog food and flea collars and what not, not eq). Are their specific types of links that are and are not allowed? i.e. is a news site allowed and not things of commercial nature? Or is it only things of commercial nature not related to bodybuilding? Sorry to bother but I would not want to make the same mistake again through ignorance. Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Steroid Board Rules - READ FIRST

THE BOARD RULES ? some info is generously provided by Big Cat and Ctgblue from the bodybuilding.com forum.

Defiance of any of these rules may result in your account being banned.

1.Source posting is not allowed

Source posting is the practice of referring to a source or supplier by name or contact address in any way. This is to protect our few good and reliable sources from getting busted. In addition:

1. Scammers. A scammer is someone who essentially rips you off and splits with your money. Before posting the name of, or outing a scammer, mail a mod with the proof and wait for approval. Just like anyone, sources get busy, backordered, etc..

2. Discussing sources: Do not openly discuss a source?s way of conducting business or shipping.

3.Sources advertising. If you are a source you cannot openly advertise on these boards. First of all we have no re-assurance you are not a scammer, and we refuse to let our members fall pray to scammers, and secondly if you are legit that's a great way to tell every fed on the Internet where you are. If you are a source, contact the moderators (Big Daddy Chemo or Whosyourdaddy02) first and arrangements will be made. If you ignore this rule your IP address will be banned without warning.

2. Do not openly ask for sources

This is for the protection of both members and sources, but mostly the members, if you openly post asking for a source you put yourself at risk for every scammer lurking these boards to email you. You stand to lose a lot of money this way, even your freedom if you are set up by a federal officer. We are in the process of potentially setting up some board approved sources. This will most likely be password protected in some way. We will inform everyone of this process as it occurs.

Talk to the moderators.

3.Rules for Off topic posts

Off topic posts can be confusing, misleading, and waste people?s time. Take off topic posts to the Off Topic section.

4. People under 21 should not juice, people under 18 should not post.

If you are under twenty one and you start a post with "I am going to use ..." you are asking for a nice flaming and people will not take you seriously. People under 21 should not use steroids.

You can hang around, read the posts and absorb the knowledge you will need to properly and safely use steroids when you are old enough, and that alone will make you get better gains and a healthier life than most people here. I recommend AT LEAST one year of research before starting any type of steroids.

5. READ THE FAQ !!!

6. If you do not like steroids, DON'T DO THEM. But DO NOT come in here to start trouble.

This forum is for research and learning about the proper/safe use of steroids. If you do not agree with this you don't need to be here. If you come here JUST to start trouble, you'll get ONE warning. Then you will be banned!
Don't like it, STAY OUT!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay I explained this in the PM I just sent do you.. but for the sake of everyone else.. I will relate to the way I was thinking..
Okay, most of the vet sites carry fina pellets and posting it to a thread that is about fina and abcesses doesn't seem that smart to me.. One of the jobs I have to do, is to look out for all of us about not posting anything that could bring a more watchful eye.. I know I am kinda paranoid about things but in this day and age you have to be.. Now if I was wrong about them not carrying it.. then hey sorry but I would rather error on the side of caution than something happen to one of us because I didn't do anything...

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Eh, I guess I can somewhat understand that. To clarify we were talking about antibiotics and that site did not carry pellets, just antibiotics and some other stuff (as far as I know). I don't know where you got that we were talking about fina from.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm confused too, I wish the board would create an Rx and OTC drug forum with 'relaxed' rules just for this kind of stuff. No rec drugs, that's cool. Unless the link offers a presc. by a true licensed doctor, and then who cares? If it's legit then it's no heat to AM. If it's some guy named Lou selling Vicoprofen out of his van down by the river, then that's another issue and should not be tolerated. Same w/ anti-biotics. If your pets get sick, then the board should be responsible enough to have a form to address it. Then they should make me the mod of it and I would keep all you mofos in check with that crazy ****! Ok, never mind.

Really, to answer the question without getting in trouble, there are many fine Vet sites, especially in cali, that could supply you with pins and anti-B's. I like to have Cephalexin caps on hand (like 250mg every 6hr for a week or so) for any soft tissue infection that grows fast and needs quick attention. I like to have Doxycycline on hand for stuff that requires longer treatment and reachs deeper (like 100-200mg @ 10-30days). I also like Penicillin G Procaine suspension in the fridg. cause its fast, convenient and effective for 90% of any probs you might have. 900,000units IM (or about 3ml usually) lasts over 24hr/shot and if followed by another 450,000 unit depo the next day, usually takes out anything in one, or two shots just to be safe.

Remember, these drugs can be dangerous if not used properly. Allergics reactions may occur in some. Educate yourselves and if all else fails PM me. That will have to do for now until they make me Supermod over the make-believe Rx/Vet/OTC drug form. :p Now, go heal your poor animals of their sickness! And leave that fina **** alone, your cows are fat enough!

Last edited:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
We have discussed that idea before Dr. D..

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
We have discussed that idea before Dr. D..
I know, Matt. Just trying to keep these guys healthy without getting into trouble, since I'm still a bit confused myself about the rules. Hope I have not violated any. :cheers:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D....you're great ;)

Matthew D., is there any way to have any sort of hypothetical infection care information on the board, or in your previous discussion with Dr. D did you sorta come to the agreement that you "can't" due to legal reasons, etc?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
We have discussed it with the mods but we have not come to an agreement on how to put it together.. so it is still being discussed from time to time.... most of us have been very busy as of late...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
We have discussed it with the mods but we have not come to an agreement on how to put it together.. so it is still being discussed from time to time.... most of us have been very busy as of late...
That's an answer I can live with :thumbsup: So, basically the best bbing board on the net may get even better...woohoo! :D

size

Awards
  • Established
I have to admit this is a very interesting and good thread.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ironically I am taking Doxy for malaria prevention and just started an EQ/TE stack. I was told Doxy was liver toxic, does anyone know for sure-i.e. Dr D. I'm on 100mg/day for the next six months. Any help is appreciated!

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
To my understanding, some antibiotics are liver toxic and some almost stop protein synthesis completely, (at least longer courses).

Could it be clarified how liberally or conservatively these should be used when in doubt? Or if there is doubt, when one should just bite the bullet and seek medical attention?

Thanks.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Ironically I am taking Doxy for malaria prevention and just started an EQ/TE stack. I was told Doxy was liver toxic, does anyone know for sure-i.e. Dr D. I'm on 100mg/day for the next six months. Any help is appreciated!
That's OK. Although it does concentrate in the liver, it's a pretty clean drug. Photosensitivity can be a problem with this class, but @ 100mg/d probably not. I've never noticed it at that dose. An increase in BUN values may suggest anti-anabolic action, but this could be easily overcome by the use of anabolic steroids for most of the next 6 months. Also, prothrombin activity may be depressed, so you may need to avoid steroids like dbol and halo which can make it even worse. Also apsrin, warfin and that kind of stuff. Other that that, it's a good choice as an effective, long term anti-b with great broad spectrum activity. What else works so well at only 100mg/d?!