Found this at BB.com mestanolone

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Giant Nutrition announces the newest, and to date the greatest breakthrough in methylated androgen technology - STS-646 (aka mestanolone). This product is available as of today through nutritionoutletcenter.com

Read below to learn more about one of the most famous - and infamous - steroid compounds of all time. And then order your own bottles while the product is still legal and in stock (which won't be for very long!!!!)

STS-646:

The Ultimate in Pre-workout ‘Testosterone’?

It’s out there somewhere. Statistically speaking, it could be argued, there is a chance that nature is hiding 5alpha-androstan-17alpha-methyl-17beta-ol-3-one (a.k.a. 17alpha-methyldihydrotestosterone, or mestanolone). Maybe it is in some plant, an undiscovered species of sea cucumber, or some other form of life. It may even be circulating through your blood at this very moment.

STS-646: What made it so popular with the Germans?

But obtaining the compound in useful quantities from nature would likely be prohibitively inefficient. So human beings decided to craft it for themselves. This allowed scientists from Germany, the nation responsible for developing some of the planet’s most buff athletes, and, more recently, bringing us the 4.5-year-old ‘Muscle Boy’, to begin experimenting with it. They affectionately gave it the code name ‘STS-646’ and tested it on humans. That’s when something surprising took place.

A pair of scientists patented STS-646 upon discovering, quite by accident, that its oral administration “led to an optimization of the central nervous system [CNS] activation� in humans during physically stressful tasks (U.S. Patent #5,591,732). Translation: STS-646 enables your brain and spinal cord (i.e., the CNS) to orchestrate muscular activity more efficiently. It thereby enhances athletic performance.

STS-646 was commercialized in a number of countries, including the United States. So what happened to it? Was it not all it was cracked up to be? Did its ‘bad’ effects outweigh the ‘good’?

Some nations still sell STS-646, usually under the generic name mestanolone. Perhaps the biggest single challenge faced by the drug was the insatiable human appetite for new drugs. Scientists like to tinker. Thus, they continued to synthesize away with their chemistry sets, hoping that they could produce something better, or at least, usefully different.

“Nonetheless,� one well-known steroid industry expert and chemist (who wishes to remain anonymous) remarked to me the other day, “for performance enhancement [STS-646] remains one of the best. The East Germans had dozens of compounds at their disposal; they chose it as one of their faves for a reason…�

“One of their faves�, indeed. It has been reported that STS-646 was one of the East German government’s most popular doping substances in competitive sport; the second most frequently used oral androgenic steroid overall (Franke and Berendonk, 1997). Clearly, it must have done something worthwhile.

Image: Chemical structure of STS-646. Molecular formula C20H32O2.

But does it build muscle?

Now I don’t know about you, but I don’t care too much about athletic performance. I’m more of a cosmetic bodybuilder, constantly trying (but never quite managing) to please my vain ego. I just want to look good.

Still I’m always on the lookout for a safe and reliable workout intensifier, something that can give me a pleasant boost of mood, greater muscular ‘oomph’, and better pumps. All of this can be argued to enhance my ability to build muscle. All of this has been suggested to be possible with oral administration of STS-646.

There’s that word again –‘suggested’. Too often it is a disguise for “I heard it through the grapevine� or something equally dubious. And so it is here. Indeed, if you’re looking for double-blinded clinical studies to provide evidence that STS-646 will make your muscles bigger and leaner, then you’re fresh out of luck. As is often the case in bodybuilding, the knowledge about drugs like STS-646 is largely empirical, based more on observation (i.e., ‘real-world’ trial and error) than rigid scientific scrutiny.
So what are ‘real-world’ STS-646 users saying? Are there any?

Below I’ve pasted some feedback from STS-646 (mestanolone) users collected off of various online bodybuilding-related discussion forums. Granted, such forums aren’t the most reliable source of information; nevertheless, their comments can provide some interesting, if not useful, insights. Usernames have been omitted to protect the guilty.

“[Mestanolone] has passed with flying colors so far in the first 10 days of a 20 day trial run.

The dosage was set at 2 capsules per day and the length of the administration has been 10 days thus far.

Results:

-Noticeable fat tissue reduction
-Muscle hardening
-Slight jump in energy when administered within one hour of an afternoon training session
-Nice moderate pump
-Moderate strength increase
-No joint pain (as often experienced with winny) [Winstrol]�

“It's great on low cal diets when body fat is low enough...good pumps

“It’s an awesome cutting drug…

“…I love [mestanolone]…super strength, water loss, ripped to the bone, increased libido, no aggression changes.�

“I tried [mestanolone] a long time ago. It was a very good drug for strength and made me feel pumped. It did not bloat me. I did not crash coming off of it either. I had no gyno problems on it.�

DHT: Does it tell us anything useful about STS-646?

In chemical lingo STS-646 is known as 17alpha-methyldihydrotestosterone, or 17alpha-methyl-DHT. Because it has an ‘alkyl’ group at the 17 position in the molecule (specifically, a methyl, or CH3, group), it may also be classified as a ‘Class 3’ anabolic-androgenic steroid. In case you’re interested, this class also includes oxymetholone, stanazolol, methandrostenolone and 17-alpha-methyltestosterone. The addition of the alkyl group to the carbon atom at the 17 position is thought to drastically reduce the speed of those biochemical reactions which normally act to reduce the drug’s activity when taken orally.

Many of you may be quite familiar with DHT. You may have even come to despise it. Your body converts testosterone into a variety of compounds all day long, one of them being DHT. Another is estradiol, the most potent estrogen. Hormones like testosterone, estradiol and DHT transmit biological signals by fitting into specific receptors found inside the target cell (e.g., a muscle fiber). This is somewhat like how a key fits into a lock. The consensus scientific opinion is that testosterone and DHT transmit their signals via the same receptor, known as the androgen receptor, or AR.

As far as its attraction for the AR is concerned, DHT is about 3 to 4 times ‘stickier’ than testosterone itself. Thus, once it fits itself into the AR, DHT tends to reside there quite a bit longer. The result is that it can transmit ‘louder’ biological signals.

What kind of signals does DHT send? DHT is often blamed for the ‘androgenic’ effects of anabolic-androgenic steroids, some of which are viewed with disdain: hair loss, acne, aggression, cardiovascular effects (e.g., hypertension, proatherogenic events), prostate enlargement, and so on.

Of particular interest to the bodybuilder is that DHT is typically regarded as being rather weak in the muscle-building department. However, like the purported link between DHT and prostate disease, among others, the issue of whether DHT can build muscle or not seems to be far from conclusive. Bhasin (1998) relates:

“We do not know if the anabolic effects of testosterone require its conversion to dihydrotestosterone by 5-alpha-reductase. Although there is a small amount of 5-alpha-reductase activity within the muscle, 5-alpha reduction does not appear to be obligatory for mediating androgen effects on the muscle. For instance, patients with benign prostatic hypertrophy who have been treated with the 5- alpha-reductase inhibitor finasteride do not experience muscle wasting. Similarly, patients with congenital deficiency of 5-alpha reductase enzyme have normal muscle mass.�

[Author’s note: Patients with a deficiency of so-called ‘type II’ 5-alpha reductase can still have detectable levels of circulating DHT, possibly the result of production by the type I form of the enzyme. Also, although muscle is thought to express relatively little 5-alpha reductase activity, it does contain a substantial amount of DHT, presumably supplied by diffusion from the bloodstream. Finally, when prostate cancer patients undergo androgen deprivation therapy (characterized by drastically reduced levels of testosterone + DHT), they experience muscle wasting.]

If in fact DHT is a poor muscle-builder, this may have something to do with (forgive me here) 3-alpha-hydroxysteroid oxidoreductase. This enzyme, which is believed to occur in muscle tissue, can convert DHT into 3-alpha androstanediol. The latter is thought to show little or no ‘stickiness’ for the AR. In other words, any flaming androgen (i.e., DHT) entering your muscle fibers is more likely to be doused with water (i.e., inactivated by 3-alpha-hydroxysteroid oxidoreductase) than it is to attach itself to the AR and transmit a muscle-building smoke signal. Or so the theory goes

Chem101

Awards
Interesting post Bro.
Although most of the chemistry and other facts listed are more or less the truth, one must take it with a grain of salt since it came from someone trying to sell us something. The first thought I had was "Why would someone want Methyl-DHT?". It does stand to reason that DHT and its analogs have that great CNS effect and a hardening effect. His facts about 3 alpha reductase attacking DHT in muscle are right too. This however does not mean that having a methyl group will prevent this attack. Further if you think about it anyone who took Methyl Test had Methyl DHT in them, as this compound would logically be the 5 alpha reduced metabolite of Methyl Test. I dont think Methyl Test is all that swell as a muscle builder, therefore I doubt this compound will be either. However this may be very useful as a preworkout stimulant or for powerlifting. If you buy it and eat some let us know what happens to you, it would be interesting to know.
Chem101

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
I think you have it backwards, methyl-test should reduce to methyl dht just as test reduces to dht. Test is actually a prohormone to DHT.

Some of you may remember my hints for teh truly hardcore supp;) This is it. If you liked M5AA you love this. But as said it wont be for everyone, and its probably better that way.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
:think: Rubbing his bald head wondering where his hair went after this cycle.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you have it backwards, methyl-test should reduce to methyl dht just as test reduces to dht. Test is actually a prohormone to DHT.

Some of you may remember my hints for teh truly hardcore supp;) This is it. If you liked M5AA you love this. But as said it wont be for everyone, and its probably better that way.
You still coming out with this? And what kind of similarities will it have to m5??

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I knew of this coming out, and could have jumped on it, but I think it would scare many away, simply because of the name, regardless of what it actually does. BTW, the company that put this out has some interesting things in the works if they have time.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
So it is a steroid, no conversion, and is M-DHT?

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If this is better than M5AA, i'm gonna stock up on this "hair-stripping" ph cuz i got alot of hair to spare.

RRAdam

Awards
I assume this would be comparable to proviron? or does the 17aa change it completely?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so similar to m5 but it does not have to convert. if I stock up on customs hair products it would be a good cycle? whats everyone think about this new product?

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Hair is overrated!

Of course, I had MPB symptoms at 18 and have been shaving my head for the last 5 years. ;)

Any idea on liver toxicity Sledge?

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Ill have it next week, I told you guys that it was hardcore. It already active, it requires no conversion, its what m5aa converts into. so if you liked m5aa youll love this.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Bump, I will wait for sledge also, you gonna be cheaper or same price as these guys?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He said the staring price will be around 27 bones. I'm assuming since it is the parent hormone that we will need much less mgs than m5aa. Hmmm this should be a very good hardening agent.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
So lets get this straight you can only get mpb if it is in you family genes. My
whole family has alot of hair.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
id be more worried about my prostate personally.. but thats prob cause Im already bald :thumbsup:

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I will be taking beta sisterol and pumpkin seeds every day while on it. Mabye some Finasteride.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
Mee too if i decide to get some. Have to figure it out in what cycle to put in.

Chem101

Awards

Nope I didn't get it backwards. We said the same thing, you just have better command of the english language and said it more clearly. Methyl-Test is metabolized to Methyl-DHT.
I had another thought while we're on it. Most of the powerful effects of DHT on the central nervous system are mediated through its 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD) reduced metabolite 3alpha-androstanediol (3alpha-diol). In light of this it stands to reason that the CNS effects of this new methyl compound are likely mediated via its 3alpha-HSD reduced metabolite. So here is where it gets interesting: 5-alpha reductase (5-AR) works only in one direction to convert Test to DHT, hence why DHT does not aromatize, since it can't be converted back to Test. 3alpha-HSD on the other hand is reversible, meaning that having DHT will inevitably lead to the presence of 3alpha-diol. The opposite is also true. So the bigger question is this, Are there any plans in the works to market a methylated 3alpha-diol analog?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if sledge has not told anybody about his new methyls, how is it that giant has the same new methyl out about the same time?

RRAdam

Awards
well, sledge isnt the only ph developer on the market.

alexander grahm bell barely beat elisha gray for the telephone patent by a few hours

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Damn...I might have to get this and hope I don't go bald while using it...lol.

chrisrico

chrisrico

Awards
I'm wondering if having the hormone in it's converted state is necessarily going to be better than having it in the PH state, such as M5AA? I'm just remembering the 1-T vs. 1AD thing. Both seem to work equally well.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The rationale behind 1T and 1AD has nothing to do with the converted/uncoverted state, and everything to do with oral bioavailability. Simply put, 1T sucks as an orally administered pill-->very little gets into your system. 1AD, on the other hand, is effective as an oral.

But 1T transdermal is even better. So to suggest 1AD is inherently more anabolic/better than 1T is like saying squeezed oranges are better for you than orange juice.

So it has nothing to do with converted/unconverted.

Further, we're talking about Methyls steroids here (not Prohoromes) which already are active, plus we don't need to worry about oral efficacy, since it's near 99%.

Further, if you read the science, you know that M5AA does in fact partially convert to Methyl-DHT, which is likely the mover and shaker behind it's pharmacology, so taking Methyl-DHT straight would be even better. Otherwise the Germans would have been taking M5AA this whole time.

Now...how hard it is on the hairline remains to be seen! But M5AA was touted as baldness in a bottle, and a lot of us have gone 100mg. for extended periods w/o major shedding.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm most interested in the strength increasing capabilities of Mdht. M5aa was comparable to m1t in regards to strength so it goes to figure that Mdht could have some promising effects.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, me too. IT would make sense that athletes used it, b/c increasing the strength to weight ratio is a huge advantage in a lot of sports...you can remain in a lower weight class.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I bet you could get some nice strength gains with it.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ill have it next week, I told you guys that it was hardcore. It already active, it requires no conversion, its what m5aa converts into. so if you liked m5aa youll love this.
You know how to find me for testing.. ;)

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well, sledge isnt the only ph developer on the market.

alexander grahm bell barely beat elisha gray for the telephone patent by a few hours
are there that few choices out there? it just seems odd that they both unknowingly went to develope the same ph at the same time. maybe there is more to it that I'm not aware of.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
does this sound like to best cutting ph out?

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"are there that few choices out there"

I think it's totally plausible. You're looking for either orphaned drugs or percursors, and they have to be something that is readily made in China, not too difficult to make, and not too expensive, and not too illegal. There is a limited pool when you factor in these variables. And you have a limited number of horomones to play with: Boldenone, Nandrolone, Testosterone, Di-Hydro Testosterone (DHT), Di-Hydro Boldenone (1-Test), etc. It's not like we're dealing with an infinite sample set that has never been tested.

FWIW, I know of three people who had previously suggested this, but felt it was illegal.

And I had researched and read about MENT before it was ever spoken of on these boards (it was studied as a Male Contraceptive Pill, since it shut you down so hard). I thought a long time ago about precursors to this...I might have even posted. This was before Pro-MENT was ever discussed.

Likewise, many people conceived of M-4OHT before it was released and rapidly recalled.

Ideas aren't spawned in a vaccuum; modern thinkers who have the same access to data and are looking at the same problem routinely come up with the same answers...it's just a matter of who's quicker on the draw, or can write a check (or get a patent--which is a combination of the prior two) the quickest. And then there are rogues who like to push the enevelope of legality (which we are all grateful for!)...fact is, most of us wouldn't take the chances that our board sponsors do, regardless of what we know or how much $ we have to run with an idea.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks brodus. that makes sense. I was looking at the list of banned ph/ps and it looked pretty large so I figured there are a lot of choices.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
also remember the chem houses in china dont normally keeps secrets to well. they want to make as much money as possible and if they can get it to more people the happier they are. now latley i have been dealing with a company who signed an agreement that everything must be kept secret and that they can only sell specific compounds to other companies with my approval. Not everyone is like this. When i had MethylDien samples done, it was 2 months before anyone was talking about it, yet everyone came out with about 2 weeks after i did. once one company says they can make it or shows that there is an interest in it, they all will try it.

also even though there are about 700 different compounds that could be done, it also depends on their knowledge of chemistry and starting compounds. if they dont have the right material or dont know how the synthesis should go, they wont do it. take superbol for ex. i have sent them 3 different ways of doing it with 3 different starting compounds to 3 different chem houses, not one has been able to do it yet. and its a pretty basic process and basic starting compound.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
chem houses in china dont normally keeps secrets to well. they want to make as much money as possible and if they can get it to more people the happier they are.
Excellent point.

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
Dihydrotestosterone treatment in men with coronary artery disease. I. Influence on sex hormones, lipid profile, insulin resistance and fibrinogen.

Barud W, Palusinski R, Makaruk B, Hanzlik J.

Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Lublin.

The effects of three months' transdermal dihydrotestosterone treatment were assessed in eleven men with coronary artery disease. Concentration of total testosterone level significantly decreased (p < 0.01) as well as free testosterone (p < 0.05) and estradiol levels (p < 0.01), without changes of sex hormone binding globuline and estradiol/testosterone ratio. DHT regimen did not alter the parameters of lipid profile. No changes of blood glucose, insulin, insulin resistance (HOMA) and fibrinogen were observed in this group. The tendency towards higher levels of hemoglobin, erythrocyte count and hematocrit did not reach statistical significance. Short term DHT administration in aging males was safe for prostate.

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial of transdermal dihydrotestosterone gel on muscular strength, mobility, and quality of life in older men with partial androgen deficiency.

Ly LP, Jimenez M, Zhuang TN, Celermajer DS, Conway AJ, Handelsman DJ.

Department of Andrology, Concord Hospital, Concord, New South Wales 2139, Australia.

The efficacy and safety of androgen supplementation in older men remains controversial. Despite biochemical evidence of partial androgen deficiency in older men, controlled studies using T demonstrate equivocal benefits. Furthermore, the importance of aromatization and 5alpha reduction in androgen actions among older men remains unclear. Dihydrotestosterone is the highest potency natural androgen with the additional features that it is neither aromatizable nor susceptible to potency amplification by 5alpha reduction. Therefore, the effects of dihydrotestosterone may differ from those of T in older men. This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of 3 months treatment with transdermal dihydrotestosterone gel on muscle strength, mobility, and quality of life in ambulant, community-dwelling men aged 60 yr or older. Eligible men (plasma T < or =15 nmol/liter) were randomized to undergo daily dermal application of 70 mg dihydrotestosterone gel (n = 18) or vehicle (n = 19) and were studied before, monthly during, and 1 month after treatment. Among 33 (17 dihydrotestosterone, 16 placebo) men completing the study with a high degree of compliance, dihydrotestosterone had significant effects on circulating hormones (increased dihydrotestosterone; decreased total and free testosterone, LH, and FSH; unchanged SHBG and estradiol), lipid profiles (decreased total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterols; unchanged high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglycerides), hematopoiesis (increased hemoglobin, hematocrit, and red cell counts), and body composition (decreased skinfold thickness and fat mass; unchanged lean mass and waist to hip ratio). Muscle strength measured by isokinetic peak torque was increased in flexion of the dominant knee but not in knee extension or shoulder contraction, nor was there any significant change in gait, balance, or mobility tests, in cognitive function, or in quality of life scales. Dihydrotestosterone treatment had no adverse effects on prostate (unchanged prostate volumes and prostate-specific antigen) and cardiovascular (no adverse change in vascular reactivity or lipids) safety markers. We conclude that 3 months treatment with transdermal dihydrotestosterone gel demonstrates expected androgenic effects, short-term safety, and limited improvement in lower limb muscle strength but no change in physical functioning or cognitive function.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so its safe, just not for my hair.

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
Brodus what does Patrick Arnold have to do with this company (if anything?)

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I'll have to give some a try. By the way do you think it could be taken by itself for absolute strength? I'm looking for big strength gains without much size. I'm thinking of going with 50mgs ed to start.

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
Is there a consensus as to how this would best be used?

jwp888

Awards
I wonder if I should take saw palmetto with this??? Have not tried M5AA and this is more powerful.
I have a few bottles of DS M5AA laying around.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have a feeling on whether this would be a good thing to try if results from M5AA were NOT that impressive? Sledge, is this what you mean by "not for everyone". In other words, could this work for those for whom M5 DIDN'T seem too strong, or would that imply that this would be best avoided/probably not effective in such cases? Apologies if that sounds idiotic, but I know what I'm TRYING to say!