Good Research Ideas in Anabolics that aren't directly steroid related?

  1. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    Good Research Ideas in Anabolics that aren't directly steroid related?


    Anyone have good research ideas? I need a research paper idea today but I don't want to do it on exactly steroids or PHs for school...if that can be understood. So I'm thinking something that would be helpful to me to know...Something in endocrinology, liver, testosterone/hormones? I dunno. I'm having a hard time coming up with something. I wish I could just do it on steroids since it's so interesting to me, but that's just a bad idea to me for a class paper.

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,258
    Rep Power
    963222
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    39.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    What class?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141406
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    55.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You could look at it in a sociological perspective.. Instead of preaching why steroids should or shouldnt be legal. Try debunking the myths of steroids which place steroid users into the category of "drug abusers"
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What class?
    Composition II
  5. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    You could look at it in a sociological perspective.. Instead of preaching why steroids should or shouldnt be legal. Try debunking the myths of steroids which place steroid users into the category of "drug abusers"
    that's a tough one. Cause I wouldn't say steroid users are drug abusers..But makes something drug abuse?? Getting high off of weed is considered abusing marijuana. Are you saying, just make some gains off of steroids isn't abusing them? I think it comes down to how one interprets the word ABUSE. haha. As in usage, or abuse in a harmful manner. However, I don't know if I considered steroids drugs. So..hmmm.!!! I'll toss this around a bit in my head.

    Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone else?
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,258
    Rep Power
    963222
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    39.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TryHard23 View Post
    Composition II
    In that case, why not cover the circumstances that lead to the original criminalization of AAS under Bush?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    ^^sorry if that's hard to follow. My brain is jello right now. haha.
  8. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    In that case, why not cover the circumstances that lead to the original criminalization of AAS under Bush?
    Which Bush? And you're saying, you used to be able to buy prohormones at any store???

    or are you talking growth hormones and test? AAS covers everything so I guess I'm not sure lol
  9. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    cause I understand some original PHs like tren or whatever were "banned" but I mean, you can still buy these fairly easily, or replicas anyways.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,258
    Rep Power
    963222
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    39.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TryHard23 View Post
    Which Bush? And you're saying, you used to be able to buy prohormones at any store???

    or are you talking growth hormones and test? AAS covers everything so I guess I'm not sure lol
    HW Bush. It's the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,928
    Rep Power
    2534644
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    93.21%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    In that case, why not cover the circumstances that lead to the original criminalization of AAS under Bush?
    This is a great suggestion. AAS use has many medical treatment possibilities but almost all of the research stopped once it was scheduled.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  12. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    This is a great suggestion. AAS use has many medical treatment possibilities but almost all of the research stopped once it was scheduled.
    Yeah, I'm looking into it right now. I think I've got me a topic!! I just need to look at how to both make it more broad or more specific.....

    The main question is why did the Gov decide these substances needed to be controlled both in 1990 and again in 2004-2005. I'll work with my prof on Monday. When all is said and done, perhaps I could post the paper on here. haha. It'll be done in about 3.5 weeks.
  13. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    60.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    olympics sprinting ben johnson key words will help
    Quote Originally Posted by TryHard23 View Post
    Yeah, I'm looking into it right now. I think I've got me a topic!! I just need to look at how to both make it more broad or more specific.....

    The main question is why did the Gov decide these substances needed to be controlled both in 1990 and again in 2004-2005. I'll work with my prof on Monday. When all is said and done, perhaps I could post the paper on here. haha. It'll be done in about 3.5 weeks.
  14. New Member
    GodofWine's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    167
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    11.8%

    How about a broad approach on illegal drugs, vs alcohol and tobacco, in terms of health and social effects. Be a stealth platform to be pro steroids/weed etc
  15. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    60.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    i just did a presentation with bibliography if you what it emailed to you and powerpoint and outline.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodofWine View Post
    How about a broad approach on illegal drugs, vs alcohol and tobacco, in terms of health and social effects. Be a stealth platform to be pro steroids/weed etc
  16. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by Husker89 View Post
    i just did a presentation with bibliography if you what it emailed to you and powerpoint and outline.
    PM'ing you
  17. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    another idea is approach the (sort of ) PCT side instead, write a paper on restoring HTPA function and fertility in men who have low testosterone levels.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  18. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    another idea is approach the (sort of ) PCT side instead, write a paper on restoring HTPA function and fertility in men who have low testosterone levels.
    this is an awesome idea as well.....and within this research I could briefly take a look at the cause.

    Looking at your sig, I'm guessing you may be quite knowledgable in the field of such things?
  19. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TryHard23 View Post
    this is an awesome idea as well.....and within this research I could briefly take a look at the cause.

    Looking at your sig, I'm guessing you may be quite knowledgable in the field of such things?
    I've spent a bunch of time reading about it. There are a lot of different therapies used in the attempt to restart. Leaving anabolics out, bad eating, overweight, diabetes, etc all can be causes of shutdown and sometimes shutdown is reversible. There is a good bit of information out there on the topic as low testosterone levels are becoming more frequent, and more frequently diagnosed.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  20. New Member
    TryHard23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    25.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I've spent a bunch of time reading about it. There are a lot of different therapies used in the attempt to restart. Leaving anabolics out, bad eating, overweight, diabetes, etc all can be causes of shutdown and sometimes shutdown is reversible. There is a good bit of information out there on the topic as low testosterone levels are becoming more frequent, and more frequently diagnosed.
    I meant by being part of AI's team. I think I'm going to take this route. I can learn more about anabolics on my own time...but this is interesting, and perhaps more important to know about. Good stuff. This helps a lot.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 10:31 AM
  2. Kind of a steroid/PH related question...
    By bigrobbierob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 08:48 PM
  3. My questions about Steroid (and other anabolics)
    By pocketboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 03:58 PM
  4. Steroid related training question
    By freqfly in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:24 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in