Anyone ever suffered serious liver damage?

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
In all accounts I've ever read on any forums, no one has ever expressed having suffered serious liver damage from orals.

I'm a little concerned as the past few days my **** has turned a very pale color and I tend to get extremely nauseated after eating high fat meals.

Been running Ultradrol 20mg ed and this is day 30. Been running TUDCA for the past 3 days and thats when new symptoms started. I had planned on continuing the cycle through week 6 but I'm a little concerned.

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
Should also note that I have been taking high dose Red Yeast Rice. Now I am reading that this can affect liver function as well.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
There's a SuperDrol log here I think bluedevil, he got jaundice? I'm pretty sure

Reactions: EMD
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should also note that I have been taking high dose Red Yeast Rice. Now I am reading that this can affect liver function as well.
Stay away from RYR, i cringe when people use it nowadays, its useless. Id hop off but continue the tudca.

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
To clarify...hop off the RYR or the cycle altogether. I'm afraid I already know the answer which is a bummer bc I had just started to hit stride and see some real gains. I'd imagine I'd lose the gains pretty fast in a hospital bed though.

demolition

demolition

Awards
There was two guys that were suing cell or someone (this was a number of years ago) anyways, i never followed up with the story but they had liver failure or something do to a long cycle and no liver supps. Im really surprised it doesn't happen more often because people just pop it like candy and dont read up on how to cycle the stuff.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I had an issue stemming from it. I ended up getting abscesses all over my body in areas pimples would occur and turn into abscess cus my immune function was shot.

This is what happened. I had to go to the ER and Have surgery on a perianal abscess that grew from a pimple on my taint to the size of a racket ball in 24 hours time and was painful as hell. This is where it started. For a couple weeks following I had to have my gf that was thankfully going to nursing school stuff the hole that was left with saline soaked gauze twice a day and clean it till it slowly healed from the inside out and I continued to get these horrible abscesses that were less severe but equally as painful. They were like gigantic zits. You wouldnt believe what came out of these things. It was an experience that will forever jade me and keep me from messing with orals.

These kinda things are rare in sure as everyone's body responds different. Mine responded as if I was being poisoned. Mind you , up until the problem I had no symptoms and my gains were great.

demolition

demolition

Awards
I had an issue stemming from it. I ended up getting abscesses all over my body in areas pimples would occur and turn into abscess cus my immune function was shot.

This is what happened. I had to go to the ER and Have surgery on a perianal abscess that grew from a pimple on my taint to the size of a racket ball in 24 hours time and was painful as hell. This is where it started. For a couple weeks following I had to have my gf that was thankfully going to nursing school stuff the hole that was left with saline soaked gauze twice a day and clean it till it slowly healed from the inside out and I continued to get these horrible abscesses that were less severe but equally as painful. They were like gigantic zits. You wouldnt believe what came out of these things. It was an experience that will forever jade me and keep me from messing with orals.

These kinda things are rare in sure as everyone's body responds different. Mine responded as if I was being poisoned. Mind you , up until the problem I had no symptoms and my gains were great.
WTF!!! :scared:

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
If you are concerned about the liver then I would:
1) Cut the orals
2) Go to the DOC
3) Get your liver values checked, results can be in within 72 hours...

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
Wow Mike, thats some crazy ****. I guess the smart play is to wrap this cycle, it is Day 30. Increased my weight by about 13lbs and lowered bf by 1.5% - think I can chaulk that up as a win. No sense in getting greedy - not worth it. I'll continue to run TUDCA and Cycle Assist for the next month or so.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Wow Mike, thats some crazy ****. I guess the smart play is to wrap this cycle, it is Day 30. Increased my weight by about 13lbs and lowered bf by 1.5% - think I can chaulk that up as a win. No sense in getting greedy - not worth it. I'll continue to run TUDCA and Cycle Assist for the next month or so.
Those sound like great gains in a month, in your shoes if I felt the way you do I'd prolly do what you just said, PCT and get healthy, maintain gains and save the rest in a stash for a cycle later or something

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
There's a SuperDrol log here I think bluedevil, he got jaundice? I'm pretty sure
Just going to bring that up.
He hasn't made it back yet either.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all accounts I've ever read on any forums, no one has ever expressed having suffered serious liver damage from orals.

I'm a little concerned as the past few days my **** has turned a very pale color and I tend to get extremely nauseated after eating high fat meals.

Been running Ultradrol 20mg ed and this is day 30. Been running TUDCA for the past 3 days and thats when new symptoms started. I had planned on continuing the cycle through week 6 but I'm a little concerned.

go get blood work done and make sure you get GGT values done along with your AST/ALT ratios. You should have results back within 24 hours and then can make the decision to continue or not

Stay away from RYR, i cringe when people use it nowadays, its useless.
reps!

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
yeah if you think you are having liver problems a doc is a must. serms are hepatoxic too. so if you are truly having liver problems just stopping isnt going to necessarily help your liver. get liv values then make an informed decision.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To clarify...hop off the RYR or the cycle altogether. I'm afraid I already know the answer which is a bummer bc I had just started to hit stride and see some real gains. I'd imagine I'd lose the gains pretty fast in a hospital bed though.
Hop off the ryr and the UD and continue the tudca.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Stay away from RYR, i cringe when people use it nowadays, its useless. Id hop off but continue the tudca.
Haven't heard about that stuff in a long time. I
Used to take that crap. Garbage

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
yeah if you think you are having liver problems a doc is a must. serms are hepatoxic too. so if you are truly having liver problems just stopping isnt going to necessarily help your liver. get liv values then make an informed decision.
I'll go see the doc. No serms for me. Just back to the HRT.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards

Damn that sounds like a living nightmare, glad u bounced bak aright. So I assume u only run aas or are you completely off the stuff?

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Liver ****ed = life ****ed. It's some scary ahit Cus it could be in moderation and you could still mess it up. It's not unlikely to happen.
"get bloods done before/mid/end cycle.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You must have not read much. Just google "Superdrol liver damage".

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Damn Thank God for your girlfriend then. Any girl that would do that for you is a keeper in my book!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. You have to ask yourself what is more important, keeping the gains or staying healthy/getting better?.

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
Honestly makes me wonder why people mess with orals to begin with...legality issues aside.

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
You must have not read much. Just google "Superdrol liver damage".
Most of the stories I found via Google were from 2005-06 with a more recent one at the beginning of 09. None of the stories/studies I found indicated use of support supps during cycle. It seemed in 05-06 people were relatively ignorant in regards to how toxic these compounds were.

I guess the false sense of security comes from the impression that support supps seem to have come into focus in the past 2-3 years (with the exception of Milk Thistle, which seems to be documented a long way back) - giving the impression that new technology has arrived to helped negate toxicity. TUDCA and UDCA seem to have emerged in the past year or so. I, for one, assumed that the toxicity of these compounds was overstated and, with a proper support protocol, could be avoided altogether. A piss poor assumption, I'm sure, but the labs will tell the story.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Damn that sounds like a living nightmare, glad u bounced bak aright. So I assume u only run aas or are you completely off the stuff?
That's the last cycle I did before my test e cycle this past winter. I had a heart attack during that cycle but it was from stress not the test. Just a freak occurance

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Damn Thank God for your girlfriend then. Any girl that would do that for you is a keeper in my book!
Yes she was and i loved and adored her but being a dumb horny guy I cheated on her after a dumb fight with a stupid stripper that used to date a buddy. She was hot as **** but horrible in bed and called me daddy oh daddy the whole time. I remember thinking this sucks and had to think about fuking my gf to bust a nut. I felt like such an idiot but kept it hidden for awhile until she found an old email from this chick with a tit an spread vag pics. If you do a Filipina wrong shell never forgive you. My wife now is a Filipina and I'd never cheat.. Luckily she likes girls too;-)

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Most of the stories I found via Google were from 2005-06 with a more recent one at the beginning of 09. None of the stories/studies I found indicated use of support supps during cycle. It seemed in 05-06 people were relatively ignorant in regards to how toxic these compounds were.

I guess the false sense of security comes from the impression that support supps seem to have come into focus in the past 2-3 years (with the exception of Milk Thistle, which seems to be documented a long way back) - giving the impression that new technology has arrived to helped negate toxicity. TUDCA and UDCA seem to have emerged in the past year or so. I, for one, assumed that the toxicity of these compounds was overstated and, with a proper support protocol, could be avoided altogether. A piss poor assumption, I'm sure, but the labs will tell the story.
Same time my incident happened 05-06 back when i was on the 1fast400 bulk nutrition forums. it was right after M1T got banned and everyone was hyped on SD. Lots of us (bouncers i worked with) got the "M1T flu " the first time around and we weren't really running proper cycles with m1t

Mako3

Awards
I had a friend who was experiencing the same issues, are your eyes turning yellowish around the pupil? He was honest with his Doc who advised him lay off orals and to fast for a month drinking nothing but carrot juice among other juices and green tea, finishing the fast the last week with some potent cleanser similar to herbasway herbal concentrates daily detox liver enhancer.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards

nobody did PCT or any support really back in the day for PH's and the like.....depending how far back you go the same can be said for AAS as well.....much of this PCT/support supps stuff is quite recent....

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I had a friend who was experiencing the same issues, are your eyes turning yellowish around the pupil? He was honest with his Doc who advised him lay off orals and to fast for a month drinking nothing but carrot juice among other juices and green tea, finishing the fast the last week with some potent cleanser similar to herbasway herbal concentrates daily detox liver enhancer.
What?.....I couldn't hear you, apparently you were yelling too loud?

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
nobody did PCT or any support really back in the day for PH's and the like.....depending how far back you go the same can be said for AAS as well.....much of this PCT/support supps stuff is quite recent....
i got a pct you can do.

aceroni

Awards
I actually had a friend, who ran a few PH back in the day. He got his bloods done and checked out i guess his liver was just one step short of failing. luckily for him he had a very helpful family doctor-- but most ppl arnt so lucky..

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I actually had a friend, who ran a few PH back in the day. He got his bloods done and checked out i guess his liver was just one step short of failing. luckily for him he had a very helpful family doctor-- but most ppl arnt so lucky..
Checked out as in passed away?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
Are we talking about strictly methylated compounds only?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is really funny how people like to perpetuate the myth that "support sups" will protect them and prevent any liver damage.

aceroni

Awards
nah man he didnt die.. i meant to say he got his liver checked out.. i guess it was at a stage 4/5 and 5 is liver failure.. but like i said their family friend / doctor specializes in crazy herbal **** and she actually had him on some medicated droplets (taken orally) to help repair his liver...

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is really funny how people like to perpetuate the myth that "support sups" will protect them and prevent any liver damage.
Something like NAC... no, it won't do as much as people seem to think.
TUDCA on the other hand... yes it's very good. Can be used to protect or even treat.

aceroni

Awards
dude that was the mdrol my buddy ran 3x.. and im pretty sure he diid it once before his liver was ****ed, and has ran it twice since his liver was fixed..

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
Been off for 48 hours now and running TUDCA at 750mg/day. Symptoms have subsided and appetite has returned. Not taking any chances though, Doc appt on Wed morning for bloods - ealiest I can get in. I'll post labs when they come through.

BadSeed

BadSeed

Awards
Seriously. After reading, the message in my mind was exactly this. The message should be more like "methyls are still risky as fock, but taking these are better than NOT taking them. Do yourself a favor and, if you're dead set on running ph/aas, then go find some real gear."

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Been off for 48 hours now and running TUDCA at 750mg/day. Symptoms have subsided and appetite has returned. Not taking any chances though, Doc appt on Wed morning for bloods - ealiest I can get in. I'll post labs when they come through.
Glad you're feeling better man.

Mafesto31

Awards
I just got my blood results back from a month ago. Ast - 46 (1-35) and alt - 72 (30-65) is this something to worry about?