Jaundice?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%

Jaundice?

I recently had blood work done last week and my doc said i was ok, my liver was fine and everything. Well recently for the past few days when i squeeze my hands they turn yellow-white and go back to normal, however my knuckles on my fingers have a yellowish color (you have to look closely).

My eyes are white and my fingernails are fine, and my soles on my feet arent yellow. So wtf is going on? Could that be from water weight with the dbol? Im pretty sure if my liver was getting jacked the **** up the blood work would have shown it because i had a FULL liver panel done.

Freaking the **** out right now, been popping alot of milk thistle. I hope its not jaundice. been taking Garlic Extract as well.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.61%

Weird! Sounds like you should probably take a trip back to the doc! Broscience only goes so far.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.61%

On another note I regularly experience high bilirubin levels because of something called Gilbert's syndrome. It's very common in Caucasian males and generally is benign. Slight increases in bilirubin will cause some signs of jaundice but isn't a major sign for concern. I would still get it cleared with your physician.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    On another note I regularly experience high bilirubin levels because of something called Gilbert's syndrome. It's very common in Caucasian males and generally is benign. Slight increases in bilirubin will cause some signs of jaundice but isn't a major sign for concern. I would still get it cleared with your physician.
    Dude i just had my blood panel done monday. My enzymes are fine. I highly doubt i just developed jaundice 2 days later. SO it might be what your talking about.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What are you taking?
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.61%

Quote Originally Posted by KBD View Post
    Dude i just had my blood panel done monday. My enzymes are fine. I highly doubt i just developed jaundice 2 days later. SO it might be what your talking about.
    Look into Gilbert's Syndrome. In my teen years I would sometimes have slight jaundice in my eyes and fingernails. My doctor said it's no cause for concern. If you have the test results yourself check out your bilirubin levels. If they are slightly elevated that could be the reason why.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    What are you taking?
    test dbol tren
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%

Look into Gilbert's Syndrome. In my teen years I would sometimes have slight jaundice in my eyes and fingernails. My doctor said it's no cause for concern. If you have the test results yourself check out your bilirubin levels. If they are slightly elevated that could be the reason why.
    I dont have any jaundice in my eyes or fingernails, it just seems when i squeeze my hands they turn yellow then go back to normal after about 5 seconds. I thought it might have been water retention from dbol.
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.49%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Best advice is to discuss these concerns with a doctor.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.3%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    Best advice is to discuss these concerns with a doctor.
    I second this. Not all jaundice is caused by liver damage. Things like bile duct blockage, genetic disorders, infections, and a host of medications can **** with bilirubin levels. Any other symptoms? Do a quick self-inventory and discuss with your physician bro, especially if the yellowing of the skin spreads/becomes more pronounced.
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.61%

Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    I second this. Not all jaundice is caused by liver damage. Things like bile duct blockage, genetic disorders, infections, and a host of medications can **** with bilirubin levels. Any other symptoms? Do a quick self-inventory and discuss with your physician bro, especially if the yellowing of the skin spreads/becomes more pronounced.
    Glad I wasn't the only one to advocate a doctors visit!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist

Glad I wasn't the only one to advocate a doctors visit!
    Amen! I have triaged and cared for too many dam "Big Birds" as we call them, usually alcoholics but sometimes yellow from weird stuff that they should have sought medical attention for WAY before i saw them. I could tell all kinds of stories, but I think the advice on here is good to go see the doc
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.61%

Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    Amen! I have triaged and cared for too many dam "Big Birds" as we call them, usually alcoholics but sometimes yellow from weird stuff that they should have sought medical attention for WAY before i saw them. I could tell all kinds of stories, but I think the advice on here is good to go see the doc
    Agreed! The MD next to their name is evidence they have a pretty good grasp on medicine! Slightly more reliable than some anonymous guy online!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%

Agreed! The MD next to their name is evidence they have a pretty good grasp on medicine! Slightly more reliable than some anonymous guy online!
    Alot of doctors are morons... Hes telling me I NEED TO TAKE A STATIN to lower my triglycerides from 350 or ill get a heart attack... Lol, what i didnt tell him was that i didnt fast that night. I woke up and had a huge bowl of pasta and alfredo sauce. So you see? And even if they were 350 while fasting, a simple diet change and some fish oils would lower it. So i rly dont listen to, too much of what docs say.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.61%

Quote Originally Posted by KBD View Post
    Alot of doctors are morons... Hes telling me I NEED TO TAKE A STATIN to lower my triglycerides from 350 or ill get a heart attack... Lol, what i didnt tell him was that i didnt fast that night. I woke up and had a huge bowl of pasta and alfredo sauce. So you see? And even if they were 350 while fasting, a simple diet change and some fish oils would lower it. So i rly dont listen to, too much of what docs say.
    So you didn't tell him you weren't fasting and HE is the moron? I think it's good to take your health into your hands but withholding vital information from the Doctor is NEVER a good idea!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%

So you didn't tell him you weren't fasting and HE is the moron? I think it's good to take your health into your hands but withholding vital information from the Doctor is NEVER a good idea!
    No I agree that was a dumb mistake, however what makes his decision a dumb one was him saying that i NEED TO TAKE THE STATIN or pretty much im gonna die. lol
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Stop squeezing your hands. The blood test said your liver was fine so I wouldn't lose sleep over this, seems like a case of hypochondria to me.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.78%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Stop squeezing your hands. The blood test said your liver was fine so I wouldn't lose sleep over this, seems like a case of hypochondria to me.
    i second this

Similar Forum Threads

1. Possible jaundice help
    By bluedevil00 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 08:01 PM
  2. Jaundice on P-Mag
    By lorden24 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 10:40 AM
  3. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 12:53 AM