Test E 250 mg per Week is Good Apperently

PrimeInc

Awards
I've been researching this for the last 3 hours on many sites. I think I've read the majority of them.

It seems like every person that says they're too little has never done a test only 250mg / week cycle.

Every person that did one says they're great, especially for a 1st cycle and sometimes for 2nd, 3rd, etc.

I saw an article that has 300mg vs 600mg but I'm more worried about sides and I'm fine w/ 10-15 lb gain instead of 20-30 lb gain. I'm fine with that.

Does anyone have experience running a test E only cycle at 250mg / week? Or know of anyone that has run one?

If so, what were your / their results?

Thanks.

NonyaBidness

Awards
Good question. I was reading on mind and muscle about how cycle dosages have steadily increased over the years since everybody now wants to be 300lbs with abs and wants to get there in 4 cycles. I wonder if a person gets more keep able gains at a more conservative dosage as opposed to making a ton of gains off a high dosed cycle?

staple

Awards
250mg of testosterone would probably be great if you are a hypogonadal male.

if you're a healthy man with good testosterone levels in your 20s then you're probably looking at a very mild boost into low supraphysiologic testosterone levels. then you're going to be suppressed for a few weeks after, then you're going to have some possible side effects, and finally you're going to likely have the common symptoms of low T while you recover your natural testosterone...

sounds like an absolute fun idea!

BIG DRE

Awards
When ever I do Test E,it's always at 500mg +.....I got a mate doing 250mg Test E & 200mg deca a week & he's getting good gains off that

jt339

Awards
  • Established
250mg of testosterone would probably be great if you are a hypogonadal male.

if you're a healthy man with good testosterone levels in your 20s then you're probably looking at a very mild boost into low supraphysiologic testosterone levels. then you're going to be suppressed for a few weeks after, then you're going to have some possible side effects, and finally you're going to likely have the common symptoms of low T while you recover your natural testosterone...

sounds like an absolute fun idea!
Right. 250mg a week is just a waste of test. You're not going to gain 10-15lbs compared to 20-30 anyway, whoever is telling you you can expect results like that is sadly mistaken. On a 10 weeker of test e 250 with a decent diet you can hope to get about 7-8lbs of muscle if you're lucky. There is no point in running below 500mg as the sides are just as prominent and the gains aren't near as good.

san731

san731

Awards
I've heard of people doing 300mg a week but that's about as low as id go. You could try it and see. Worst case scenario you bump it up higher to get the results you're looking for.

I'm currently on it for my first inject cycle and couldn't imagine running any lower than 500mg/week.

Harry Seaward

Harry Seaward

Awards
Just started 400 / week, doing 250 mg ampules the dosing depends on how far apart I take injections. If I do every 4.4 days that = 397 mg / week...we'll see how this goes.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
wouldn't go lower than 400mg a week.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Bro, not sure where you have read this but a basic starter cycle is two - 250mg injections a week. For a total of 500mg a week.

Perhaps you misread and thought it was just saying 250mg / week. When really it is 500mg a week.

In any case, if you decide not to go with the starter dosage of 500mg a week then make sure you break up your Test E injection into two shots per week, otherwise your hormone levels may get wacky.

Usually with test E it is 250mg / ml so you would do 1/2half ml Monday and 1/2half Thursday.

However as I said it is recommended to do 250mg twice a week :)

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
A normal person with normal test levels will basically break even after shutdown at 250... at best you'll be a high normal or bare minimum superhuman level,,, I want at least a total test of 1500-2000 when on cycle, myself... preferably even higher

NonyaBidness

Awards
ITT, we learn that good and best don't mean the same thing.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You can achieve a total test of 2000 on 250mg a week. When I use 500mg a week mine typically comes back at 3900. Just an fyi.
I cruise at 200 and cycle at 400-600

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A normal person with normal test levels will basically break even after shutdown at 250... at best you'll be a high normal or bare minimum superhuman level,,, I want at least a total test of 1500-2000 when on cycle, myself... preferably even higher
I run into intolerable sides at >1250-1300 total, but I'm an old man. :D

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 41... so far no sides that a little adex wouldn't fix :)
Mine were blood pressure and headache related. And just a general overall crappy feeling.

But yeah, you ARE old. ;)

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
I am 55 YO. I take about 200 mg dose test e a week. My total test is in the upper 900s. I am making gains in strength and lean mass at those dosage. But then again I go to the gym and train vs just messing around

FightFires

FightFires

Awards
250-300 is good if its your trt program......or your an athlete and require weight maintenance. Not so much for a bb'er.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
250-300 is good if its your trt program......or your an athlete and require weight maintenance. Not so much for a bb'er.
Excellent point.

I'm an advocate of "just enough to grow", but opinions vary wildly on this subject.

Either way, I'm certain that everyone should be measuring their blood levels before, on and post cycle.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I am 55 YO. I take about 200 mg dose test e a week. My total test is in the upper 900s. I am making gains in strength and lean mass at those dosage. But then again I go to the gym and train vs just messing around
That's high normal.... we're talking about getting to superhuman levels for true Anabolicism

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's high normal.... we're talking about getting to superhuman levels for true Anabolicism
Not according to the original post, we're not.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Not according to the original post, we're not.
He was asking about a "cycle" not hrt management,,, to me the term "cycle" means "superhuman levels"
Anyone with normal test levels doesn't need to take test other than to achieve superhuman levels,,, he was asking the minimum amount needed to achieve results while minimizing risks .... anything less than 400mg a week won't do much more than make you "feel better"

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He was asking about a "cycle" not hrt management,,, to me the term "cycle" means "superhuman levels"
Anyone with normal test levels doesn't need to take test other than to achieve superhuman levels,,, he was asking the minimum amount needed to achieve results while minimizing risks .... anything less than 400mg a week won't do much more than make you "feel better"
250mg/week will bring his test levels to at least 2.5x higher than the high end. Technically, that is super-human.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
250mg/week will bring his test levels to at least 2.5x higher than the high end. Technically, that is super-human.
Really? Wow... I thought 250 would at most get you to about 2000

PrimeInc

Awards
Really? Wow... I thought 250 would at most get you to about 2000
Hey guys, thanks for the response. I was talking about a cycle. I've seen a post where 300mg/week vs 600mg/week gave 11 vs 17 lbs. The sides seem to be less on the 300mg/week. 250mg/week is pretty close to 300mg/week.

I've read a lot of posts that said 250mg/week worked well for them (gaining 10 - 15 lbs in a 10 week cycle) From what I've read, it's supposed to be 2.5 x's above natural.

I've also read a lot of posts saying that 250mg/week isn't enough, but it's normally from people that have never tried it or know anyone that has tried it.

I'm 35 and I'm also kind of worried about MPB, so I thought the lower the better for sides. This is my first cycle in like 14 years. I realize this cycle will also shut me down, but I also don't want to turn in to a monster overnight so it's blatantly obvious. It seems like test is the best choice if you take it w/ propecia for MPB. I had issues w/ my last cycle when I was like 21-22 but I had no idea what I was doing and didn't even do PCT. I did like 5 weeks of 1 sus 250 per week. I actually got decently big off it, not ridiculous, but went from like 190 to 197 and lost fat. Kind of the goal of what I'm looking to do here.

Anyway, here is the article I saw:

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men — AJP - Endo

The following text outlines the benefits and risks of Testosterone administration based on a clinical human trial of 61 healthy men in 2001. The purpose of the trial was to determine the dose dependency of testosterone’s effects on fat-free mass and muscle performance. In this trial 61 men, 18-35years old were randomized into 5 groups receiving weekly injections of 25, 50, 125, 300, 600 mg of Testosterone Enanthate for 20 weeks. They had previous weight-lifting experience and normal T levels. Their nutritional intake was standardized and they did not undertake any strength training during the trial. The only two groups that reported significant muscle building benefits were the 300 and 600 mg groups so any dose lower than 300mg will not be considered in this essay. 12 men participated in the 300 mg group and 13 men in the 600 mg group.

600mg of Testosterone a week for 20 weeks resulted in the following benefits. Increased fat free mass, muscle strength, muscle power, muscle volume, hemoglobin and IGF-1.
The same 600 mg administration resulted in 2 side effects. HDL cholesterol was negatively correlated and 2 men developed acne.

The normal range for total T in men is 241-827 ng/dl according to Labcorp and 260-1000 ng/dl according to Quest Laboratories. The normal range for IGF-1 is 81-225 according to Labcorp.

Total T and IGF-1 levels were taken after 16 weeks and resulted in the following;

Total Testosterone
300 mg group-1,345 ng/dl a 691 ng increase from baseline
600 mg group-2,370 ng/dl a 1,737 ng increase from baseline

IGF-1
300 mg group-388 ng/dl a 74 ng increase from baseline
600 mg group-304 ng/dl a 77 ng increase from baseline

Body composition was measured after 20 weeks.

Fat Free Mass by underwater weighing
300 mg group-5.2kg (11.4lbs) increase
600 mg group-7.9kg (17.38lbs) increase

Fat Mass by underwater weighing
300 mg group-.5kg (1.1lbs) decrease
600 mg group-1.1kg (2.42lbs) decrease

Thigh Muscle Volume
300 mg group-84 cubic centimeter increase
600 mg group-126 cubic centimeter increase
Quadriceps Muscle Volume
300 mg group-43 cubic centimeter increase
600 mg group-68 cubic centimeter increase

Leg Press Strength
300 mg group-72.2kg (158.8lbs) increase
600 mg group-76.5kg (168.3lbs) increase

Leg Power
300 mg group-38.6 watt increase
600 mg group-48.1 watt increase

Hemoglobin
300 mg group-6.1 gram per liter increase
600 mg group-14.2 gram per liter increase

Plasma HDL Cholesterol
300 mg group-5.7 mg/dl decrease
600 mg group-8.4 mg/dl decrease

Acne
300 mg group-7 of the 12 men developed acne
600 mg group-2 of the 13 men developed acne

There were no significant changes in PSA or liver enzymes at any dose up to 600mg. However, long-term effects of androgen administration on the prostate, cardiovascular risk, and behavior are unknown. The study demonstrated that there is a dose dependant relationship with testosterone administration. In other words the more testosterone administered the greater the muscle building effects and potential for side effects.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I'm not the one with the most expertise on this forum,, but I think you're overly worried about the sides,,, I think anything over 500-600 a week may be cause for concern,, 400 will give you significantly more benefit overall than 250... with an insignificant increase in sides... take your saw palmetto, your Hawthorne Berry and eat your ass off while lifting heavy!! Enjoy the results!!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It won't do anything but make you feel better according to whom? You're passing off a lot of opinion as fact in this thread.

The minimum needed to achieve results is far too varied to put a concrete number on. Are you going to tell me that I haven't achieved results on less than 400mg/week of test?

Start low, assess tolerance vs results, ramp up if necessary.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
It won't do anything but make you feel better according to whom? You're passing off a lot of opinion as fact in this thread.

The minimum needed to achieve results is far too varied to put a concrete number on. Are you going to tell me that I haven't achieved results on less than 400mg/week of test?

Start low, assess tolerance vs results, ramp up if necessary.
I did say I'm not the one with the most expertise here,,, yes, these are my opinions,, but I'm sticking to them,, I don't have the URL's saved,, but I've been on trt for three years and in turn spent that whole time reading up on testosterone,,, sure you'll get "benefit" from less than 400... but you'll get "RESULTS" from more than 400... this IS my experience and my OPINION!! " *cheers*

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been researching this for the last 3 hours on many sites. I think I've read the majority of them.

It seems like every person that says they're too little has never done a test only 250mg / week cycle.

Every person that did one says they're great, especially for a 1st cycle and sometimes for 2nd, 3rd, etc.

I saw an article that has 300mg vs 600mg but I'm more worried about sides and I'm fine w/ 10-15 lb gain instead of 20-30 lb gain. I'm fine with that.

Does anyone have experience running a test E only cycle at 250mg / week? Or know of anyone that has run one?

If so, what were your / their results?

Thanks.
This info seems strange? 250 a week could get some gains if the test is accurately dosed, but won't be as logical or efficient as (AT LEAST) 350 mg /week

250 is still higher than normal levels (80mg/week) but just not worth the shut down imo ---- 350-500 and you will be very happy.

Even guys using GRAMS of AAS are no where near 300lbs w/abs etc.... hahahaha you are either a genetic freak or not --- gear wont change genes.

-Matt

bomb402

Awards
At that dose all you would do would suppress your natural production and be at normal levels. I wouldn't recommend it. Everyone is different. My doc prescribes all his patients 200mg/wk of test for TRT and my levels hover around 1000. For reference I have a friend with natural levels of 1400. That is the highest natty level I have seen though and he is in his early 20s. I also know of someone who takes 400mg a week from his doc for TRT yet his T levels don't go above 500. lol So it is aromatase related as well.

PrimeInc

Awards
In that study, if it's right, 300mg/week gained 11.4 lbs of muscle. That's pretty decent.. Seems higher than just TRT. Just saying...

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Tell your endo you want 200 a week! sub 400 for trt sucks!
I'm looking for a new endo anyhow ... at the same time she called me to tell me my levels,, she also told me to stop taking test altogether just because my hematocrite was 53... I have a naturally high hematocrite,, all my life it fluctuates from 50-55... I told her that's normal for me,, she said either stop or find another doc.. easy choice :)
I just started a cycle, so the doctor hunt will have to wait,, in the meantime I have about 50ml of test cyp and 12 tubes of androgel stockpiled,,, so I'm definitely not hurting

I'm only taking 400mg a week along with hdrol and furaza.. so, what I have will last me through my cycle and long enough to find a new doctor... gotta love good insurance,, there are at least 150 endos in network and I can pay a bit more to go out of network if I choose :)

jt339

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for a new endo anyhow ... at the same time she called me to tell me my levels,, she also told me to stop taking test altogether just because my hematocrite was 53... I have a naturally high hematocrite,, all my life it fluctuates from 50-55... I told her that's normal for me,, she said either stop or find another doc.. easy choice :)
I just started a cycle, so the doctor hunt will have to wait,, in the meantime I have about 50ml of test cyp and 12 tubes of androgel stockpiled,,, so I'm definitely not hurting

I'm only taking 400mg a week along with hdrol and furaza.. so, what I have will last me through my cycle and long enough to find a new doctor... gotta love good insurance,, there are at least 150 endos in network and I can pay a bit more to go out of network if I choose :)
Solid bro. Keep an eye on the hematocrit on cycle if you have the funds.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Solid bro. Keep an eye on the hematocrit on cycle if you have the funds.
I do regular labs,, 50-55 is normal for me,, I wish my doc would have just prescribed blood letting lol

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards

donate blood bro

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
You still can..My hematocrite stays high while on test. My doc put in an order to draw 1 unit every 3 weeks

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You still can..My hematocrite stays high while on test. My doc put in an order to draw 1 unit every 3 weeks
My current endo wouldn't do that, so I'm looking for a new doc as soon as I'm through with my current cycle

Jarhead0724

Awards
Wow, hey guys. I'm on TRT & my Endo has me on .75 ml of cypionate (100mg/ml) a week. That keeps me around 650-700. I stockpile & blast every couple of months at 1.75ml a week & that puts me around 1600-1800. Each person is different.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Wow, hey guys. I'm on TRT & my Endo has me on .75 ml of cypionate (100mg/ml) a week. That keeps me around 650-700. I stockpile & blast every couple of months at 1.75ml a week & that puts me around 1600-1800. Each person is different.
That dosage wouldn't get me anywhere near that,,, my original labs, prior to trt, had me at 160 total test,,, wonder if that has anything to do with it...