Need advice

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
So I start week 4 of helladrol tomorrow (100mg), everything is going great. Weight is up, my chest is huge, I look awesome, few slight sides but nothing big. My problem is…. I have been on a maintenance diet, roughly 2800 cals on days, and 2500 cals off days. I have gained roughly 2% bf, I am eating extremely clean, 50-75g of healthy fats, 300+g protein, the rest in carbs(whole grain). Why is my bf increasing so much? I naturally hover around 12% bf, that’s without diet restrictions and no exercise, and before I started cycle I got down to a solid 10%bf. I want to be around 10%, is my body just naturally trying to gravitate towards 12% for homeostasis reasons or am I doing something wrong. I had cut cardio before cycle, im thinking about adding it back in to see if that can fix the problem. Any ideas or advice is welcomed.

apoxtle

apoxtle

Awards
  • Established
maybe finish your cycle then up your cardio. i gain some fat every cycle but am able to lose it later. i am not a bro science expert by any means though. i just know what works for me. someone here can help for sure though.

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
maybe finish your cycle then up your cardio. i gain some fat every cycle but am able to lose it later. i am not a bro science expert by any means though. i just know what works for me. someone here can help for sure though.
im assuming he means cycle and pct i ususally avoid cardio or anything catabolic durring pct. its really hard to think of an explanation for fat gain if your diet is correct. for most 2800cals is a relativley hard cut. unless u calculated ur cals wrong there could be another underlying issue

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
does your maintenance of 2800 cals include/assume your doing your regular cardio routine? maintenance cal calculations arent perfect and maybe your just over estimates your needs. i would probably continue your current diet and reintroduce some cardio. i really doubt cardio would hinder your gains but it could help prevent further fat gain.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
yeah this tells you one thing that is very obvious, your calculations on your maintenance are wrong. I've had that happen before, and you just need to adjust downward a few hundred calories. Those cookie cutter numbers for obtaining your maintenance calories can't take into account your specific metabolism. not that you did any incorrect calculations necessarily, but those cookie cutter multipliers don't work for you, for whatever reason.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I'm similar in weight (but 5" shorter)....and I notice my maintenance is probably around 2,400 if I am lucky....I'd say more like 2,300 or less. so 2,500-2,800 would be a lean gainer/near maintenance for me. as opposed to a maintenance/cutting diet.

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
cool ill try dropping 2-250 cals from the diet and starting some light cardio. im sitting at 201lbs i started the cycle at 185lbs, and yes 2800 is assuming im doing cardio, but im six foot one almost 2, it seems strange to be taking in so little cals and gaining

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I was eating 2,800-3K cals a day during 7 weeks of AHv3 and I gained like 6-7 lbs. But I sort of knew not to take in close to 3K calories, since 2,800-3K is nowhere near my maintenance. and that is true anywhere from 180-200 lbs for me. height doesn't really factor in, its your weight and your metabolism. just like in MMA, they don't care how tall you are....just your weight. same with calories....it does not care if you are short or tall, only how much you weigh (and your metabolism/activity level) :D

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
cool well ive re done the numbers and we will see how this works out, i read you want to cut after you cycle for an extra 2 weeks before pct. i think this is a good idea. i dont see how you would stagger calories back up in time for pct thought