INJECTABLE CARNITINE FOR CUTTING ?

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Anyone used injectible carnitine when cutting/dieting, its supposed to be a very good fat transporter and a very effective cutting tool (transports ffas to the mitchicondria)

Thoughts/experiences ?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone used injectible carnitine when cutting/dieting, its supposed to be a very good fat transporter and a very effective cutting tool (transports ffas to the mitchicondria)

Thoughts/experiences ?

I did in 2005.... I did twice daily -- once in morning before cardio and then before wt training.

I was on too much other things to really gauge if the carnitine was working...

Recent theories suggest to administer 1 iu of exogenous insulin with the injectable L carnitine to help transport the carnitine into the mitochondria and turn off glycolysis, glucose oxidation and increase muscle carnitine levels and turn ON fat oxidation.

-Matt

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Also i understand it can be taken with glucose/carb drinks to give the same effect you spoke of

Its supposdly a good tool to use when dieting as you did, shame you cant fully attest to its effects whilst using it at the same time as other products

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It seems to take it with oral glucose it would need to be in the realm of two 91g glucose drink a day for several consistent days to increase muscle carnitine levels by 10%.....

Seems like a oxymoron to consume 182g of glucose just for that purpose....

It would seem the minute 1-2iu of humalog or humilin would be less damaging because you really would not need glucose with it....

-Matt

Also i understand it can be taken with glucose/carb drinks to give the same effect you spoke of

Its supposdly a good tool to use when dieting as you did, shame you cant fully attest to its effects whilst using it at the same time as other products

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
But its supposidly supposed to work alone without the insulin or glucose technique i gather

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But its supposidly supposed to work alone without the insulin or glucose technique i gather

Ehhh Iv'e never seen conclusive research to really validate such claims.....it seems pretty negligible.... However, there could be a host of otehr benefits,,, heart health, AR sensitivity...perhaps others I am not remembering.

-Matt