YOUR BEST CYCLE FOR STRENGTH GAINS

Elf

Awards
So as you can probably tell I am still a noob to the world of ph's. I am currently researching around and putting everything together for my first cycle epi. I've gotta say thanks to all those on here that contribute a s*** load of useful information for us noobs. My poor dogs went unfed for about 6 hours last night as I got lost in logs! Was not good post workout recovery for poor old Rizla and Spliff (yes these are the dogs names).

Anyway, I come from more of an athletic background where performance has been no1 and looking jacked was just a fortunate side. I've seen a ton of info and opinion on how to maintain lbs gained from cycles but my question to the masses is - WHAT'S BEEN YOUR BEST CYCLE FOR STRENGTH GAINS AND HOW SUCCESSFUL WERE YOU AT KEEPING EM? Would be interested to hear what ph & pct's were used and also training/nutrition protocols.

Peace out. Elf

Elf

Awards
26, 5'7, 80kg (I'm in uk), training for 10 years. I have competed in both Weightlifting and PL here in uk and played rugby semi pro which is why I have stayed clean thus far. Now competing is on the back burner for while I'm free to try new things!
I'm not saying I'm gonna copy anyone's cycle as I'm clearly a noob and am planning to start very slowly. Im just putting the question out there out of curiosity and wanting to learn a little more.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Welcome bro. As far as working out during your pct it is way different. Your testosterone is low so you can't really bust your a$$ and do damage to muscles because they won't repair. But if you don't work them out and apply progressive resistance then they will start go go away. So knowing that you just have to adjust your workout frequency and tailor your workout to your body. There is no one way that is universal across the board. Hope that helps.

Chefbolic

Chefbolic

Awards
I like that you are eager to learn, and you have clearly been reading up on some things. I almost always recommend halodrol for a first cycle. It's a fairly mild compound that yields some nice gains in strength and size. Nothing drastic, but easily maintained. Seeing as this is your first cycle, you would probably even see good gains on the most basic 4 weeks at 50mgs halodrol cycle. Most people on here would probably recommend you do a six week cycle bringing it up to 75mgs, but I personally would save that for a second cycle. 4 weeks at 50 should get you some new size, and pct is a breeze after that cycle. This does not mean you should try to cycle off without a SERM though! Make sure you understand how to properly do post cycle therapy, it should be as well planned as a cycle itself, not an afterthought. Anyway, I've had a number of people do that cycle as their first, and I've never heard any complaints other than being eager to be on again. Halodrol is very lean as well, you should harden up nicely and melt off some fat in the process. Also, get some support supplements. I hope this helps, and happy lifting!

Elf

Awards
Cheers Dave. Experimenting with low test during pct is something I find very interesting. It's a standard for my training that i always deload after 4-6 weeks so this will coincide with the start of pct anyhow. It will be interesting to see how the body recovers and i will obviously progressively load accordingly. How have u done this in the past and how long did it take for u to feel back to normal?

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Superdrol would give yu massive strength gains. A lot of guys will say it's too harsh for a newb but if yu run it perfectly, by that I mean preload support, run support throughout cycle, watch blood pressure get bloods done, don't go past 30mg an have a good pct lined up then you would be fine

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I have run 2 Ultradrol cycles awhile back. I gained 15lbs on the first and.kept 8 or so but I gained 10 lbs on my second (it was a clean diet) and still kept 8 lbs. I loved it. The normal dosage is 8mg but at your size I bet you could do 16mg maybe even 20mg and get great gains. I ran it up to 24mg on my second cycle. Clomid is my SERM of choice. You could run Ultradrol at 12/16/20/20 (first 4 weeks) and run Clomid at 50/50/50/50 (last 4 weeks) just throw in liver support and vitamins the whole cycle and add DAA (D-Aspartic-Acid) at 3g ED (everyday) or HcGenerate into your pct and have Erase for emergency. I bet you would see some great gains in strength and you would prolly lose a bit of fat too.

I broke that down and hope I didn't insult your intelligence just not sure how well you know the slang or acronyms Haha.

Elf

Awards
I have heard SD is the daddy for strength gains but I'm too much of a ***** to go straight into that! HDrol as suggested was my first choice but after bit more research im gonna go with straight up epi. I find the serm like qualities really interesting.
Im assuming that you've used SD before. What percent of your strength gains did u manage to maintain after u finished up with pct?

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Cheers Dave. Experimenting with low test during pct is something I find very interesting. It's a standard for my training that i always deload after 4-6 weeks so this will coincide with the start of pct anyhow. It will be interesting to see how the body recovers and i will obviously progressively load accordingly. How have u done this in the past and how long did it take for u to feel back to normal?
Didnt see this post sorry. I usually was back to normal around week 4 of PCT. But I always take it kinda easy through week 5. I will maybe do a real hard workout in week 4-5 and then take a day off and see how I recover. If I recover quickly then I can slowly step up the intensity and make sure to not overtrain. It really depends person to person and as long as you have plenty of experience training and know your body well enough then you will know when it is time to start working out hard again. I am finishing my SD cycle tonight and go into PCT tomorrow. this was my first SD run but I am guessing 4 weeks and I will start stepping up my intensity. Hope that helps you.

Elf

Awards
Admittedly Ultradol is one I have not looked into. Did u use it for your first cycle? Those are some nice gains lo, I'd be more than happy with 8lbs clean for my first cycle. Secretly I'm hoping for a little more as I've never really had a problem putting on size. This has actually been a problem occasionally when I've had to make weight for a meet!
For my first cycle I'm gonna go with epi and see how my body appreciates it.

Elf

Awards
Yea my body makes it pretty clear when it aint ready to go so should have no problem here. Nice one Dave big help. Good luck with your pct bro

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Sd is not for the novice. Your in the right zone for what your doin. Keep it mild and simple. Have a good pct and deload the first 2 weeks of it then work into intensity. As far as sd my last cycle I yielded great strength gains. Added 25 lbs to my frame as well. So far I'm on 2nd week of pct and dropped a pound. Sd is more anabolic so the size is better then strength. Find something andro for strength imho

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Admittedly Ultradol is one I have not looked into. Did u use it for your first cycle? Those are some nice gains lo, I'd be more than happy with 8lbs clean for my first cycle. Secretly I'm hoping for a little more as I've never really had a problem putting on size. This has actually been a problem occasionally when I've had to make weight for a meet!
For my first cycle I'm gonna go with epi and see how my body appreciates it.
Yeah Ultradrol was my first cycle and second cycle. It was cheap, worked good and had low sides but yeilded good gains. I personally think it was a great thing to run as a first cycle. I got my roommate to run a cycle of it and he put on some great size and strength. He is 6'1" and about 215-220. He jsut started a clean cycle of UD and has lost a pants size and put 15lbs on all his major lifts (hes running it at 24mg tho).

Elf

Awards
I have heard some mixed reviews about ultradrol. Then again most phs do. Maybe something for a second cycle.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Ultradrol would be something you could stack or bridge with because of the low sides. It would be a great cut cycle too. I would think of running it again but I'm running a inject cycle in June.