alcoholic with bloat/water retnetion.

kwantz

Awards
Over the weekend, i was having a few brews with my uncle. He has been a drinking for years. Hes complaining about his bloated look, and water rention that is caused from drinking. Do you think taking a low amount of femmera, a-dex etc... would help minimize this? Since ive been reading, seems like estrogen has a lot to do with these sides...? or would it do nothing what soever... I know he just needs to quit...
but theoretically speaking. Do you think it would make a difference? would it help reduce some of the bloat and water retnetion?

kwantz

Awards
actually it does, google it... water rentention from being dehydrated....

kwantz

Awards
explain the puffy face etc.. after a hard night of drinking.... just google it before you answer... its caused from estrogen... I dont mean while your drinking,, the next day,,,

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
which has nothing to do with estrogen, the only thing that could "help" that look is a diuretic, but that would only worsen his condition, he needs to stop, and start supplementing to repair his liver and nurse his kidneys while upping his water intake drastically.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Huh my alcoholic uncle doesnt have those problems and also shockingly has low cholesterol lvls even though he only eats potatoes bacon and steak. He basically slaps medical journals in the face. But high alcohol consumption leads to fat build up in the abdominal cavity, because your body stores fat for fasting times. I would recommend he lowers his drinking gradually otherwise he will most likely suffer massive withdrawls which can actually be quite dangerous. Also slowly start adding low intensity cardio. This whole process needs to be gradual (as long as he isnt at a dangerous condition) this is because changing behavior takes a lot of time and sudden change will most likely lead to a relapse.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
explain the puffy face etc.. after a hard night of drinking.... just google it before you answer... its caused from estrogen... I dont mean while your drinking,, the next day,,,
google before I answer? you asked a question so I answered you you stupid ****, appreciate it.

after a night of drinking I'm dry as hell and my weight usually drops 5-10 lbs

Husker89

Banned
Awards
GERBILSzzz!
Huh my alcoholic uncle doesnt have those problems and also shockingly has low cholesterol lvls even though he only eats potatoes bacon and steak. He basically slaps medical journals in the face. But high alcohol consumption leads to fat build up in the abdominal cavity, because your body stores fat for fasting times. I would recommend he lowers his drinking gradually otherwise he will most likely suffer massive withdrawls which can actually be quite dangerous. Also slowly start adding low intensity cardio. This whole process needs to be gradual (as long as he isnt at a dangerous condition) this is because changing behavior takes a lot of time and sudden change will most likely lead to a relapse.

Swordfish II

Awards
Alcohol is known to affect horomone production. A decrease in testosterone could cause weight gain and puffiness. Short answer though is he will likely need to address the root problem to address the puffy look.

"In men, chronic alcohol consumption causes a decrease in testosterone (Emanuele and Emanuele 2001). The alcohol ­induced decrease in testosterone levels is significant enough to cause shrinkage (atrophy) of the testes, impotence, and loss of secondary sex characteristics (Van Thiel et al. 1987)."

From an niaaa.nih.gov source. Will provide via pm if needed since I don't have 50 posts :rolleyes:

kwantz

Awards
so would an anti-e or anything like that, make any type of different to get rid of some water retention, bloat (he says it feels like hes full of air) and the puffyness? not neccesarily the fat. but whatever water he maybe holding from estrogen?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
he's holding water due to chronic dehydration from the alcohol (unless he is drinking water on a 1:1 basis of alcohol).

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why is this in the anabolics section?. I don't think anyone on here is qualified to give medical/substance abuse advice. Seek your answers at your doctors office or other qualified medical professional.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
he was asking about anti-e's to combat the puffy drunken look, most everyone (if not everyone) has advised him to stop drinking...