time after cycle to get Bloods for trt?

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the crappy title, didn't really know how else to word it.

Here is my situation, while I was in the military I was told that I have low T and that I could get on trt but not through the medical they offered.
Fast forward a couple years and I am in at the end of a 12wk cycle of test and will be starting pct in about 4 weeks. I am no longer in the military and just got insurance about 2 months ago and now I can get my bloods and everything done for next to nothing and get put on TRT for $20 a month out of my pocket with hcg and adex.
Now I am wondering when would be the best time to go in and get bloods done. I know that anything during pct will make my results be out of whack and that I need some time of to fully recover, that doesn't bother me one bit.
I am just trying to figure out how long I should wait, or even if going durning the end of my pct would be okay and then not starting the test until I have had a full recovery. My doc is going to let me take everything home so I don't have to worry about starting right away, he just said to come back in 2 weeks after I started.

Thanks, I was giong to post this in the male anti aging section but I figure more people over here would have the answer.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
You were on a 12 week cycle of what?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
My experience has been that if I went from 500mgs down to 200mgs a week, my test levels would be within range in about three weeks. So if you didn't introduce any more test after you stopped, then your natural test levels would be suppressed sufficiently I would think at four weeks. Don't forget that when a doctor looks at your candidacy for TRT, he will include your E2 levels, so you want elevated E2 and low Test. If it were me, I'd get private lab work done first so there are no surprises.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice, I will look into it, I have been around these boards for a long time but I guess I never really started coming into this section before and seeing all the useful info you post up.

G

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what military you were in, but the VA issued me 6 months of androderm patches after one test showing lowered t levels. don't know if they'll switch me to cyp as these things are a pain in the ass and cause skin irritation...

anyways, after the ester clears, you should be fine. especially if you test while near the beginning of PCT, your test levels should be decently suppressed.