Question regarding finasteride dosages

jiggles123

Awards
I'm running 600mg test e for 12 with 60mg tbol ed for 6 weeks. I'm getting conflicting information regarding the dosage i need for fina on cycle. Some sources say 1mg ed is enough and some say you need at least 2.5mg ed. What do you guys think? And how soon before my cycle should i take fina? I did a test only cycle without protecting my hair and i lost around half my hair density. What do you guys think?

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
I'm running 600mg test e for 12 with 60mg tbol ed for 6 weeks. I'm getting conflicting information regarding the dosage i need for fina on cycle. Some sources say 1mg ed is enough and some say you need at least 2.5mg ed. What do you guys think? And how soon before my cycle should i take fina? I did a test only cycle without protecting my hair and i lost around half my hair density. What do you guys think?
Well fina is a drug your suppose to take for as long as you want to maintain your current hair and any hair growth you get on it. With that said if your not always on it and just want to protect yourself on cycle you can start the day before.

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Finasteride dosage is typically 1 mg every day for hair loss and 5 mg every day for prostatic hyperplasia. It works by blocking 5 alpha reductase which converts testosterone to DHT. If you've already experienced hair loss in the past, you might continue to lose hair even when you're not on cycle. However, it will happen at a slower rate than when on cycle. Typically finasteride is prescribed for perpetual use because of this.

However on a side note, slowing down DHT production long term might cause a whole range of other problems such as libido issues, lethargy, and depression. This does not happen with all users though. Do a google search on propecia problems for more info on the subject.

jiggles123

Awards
Thanks for the info, but isn't 1mg for people with normal test levels. If im taking 600 mg of test a week shouldn't I take more fina? Can someone chime in on this?

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Thanks for the info, but isn't 1mg for people with normal test levels. If im taking 600 mg of test a week shouldn't I take more fina? Can someone chime in on this?
The finasteride blocks your 5 alpha reductase enzymes. The level of these enzymes determines your finasteride dosage, not your testosterone levels at least not directly. Therefore, 1 mg should likely be enough to sufficiently block 5 alpha reductase and excessive DHT formation. Some DHT is good, so you don't want to block it completely, but high levels of DHT can cause the hair thinning. However, if you're worried about it, feel free to take the 2.5 to 5 mg dosage for the duration of your cycle.