The right diet for cycle

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Hey guys. So what a good day look like on a cutting cycle.

Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Snack
That is if that's how your meal plan goes.
??? There is a science but how meany people's sciences are we going by?? You tell me please? So that maybe I can learn more in this area along with someone reading along.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
yud need to figure out macros to be able to fill that in..I THINK a good ratio for cutting is 60/20/20 protein/carbs/fats

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
For an on-cycle diet, I would certainly be more concerned about total macro breakdown as opposed to meal timing/frequency. Work out a caloric load and then post it, and people on here will likely be more than happy to bounce criticism and comments back and forth :)

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I am 6'1.5", 245 pounds. 19% bf. I eat all natural with a cheat hear and there. Meals look like this.

Breakfast--
6 eggs two yokes 4 whites
Scoop myofushion whey
6 oz low fat milk
8 oz Greek yogurt
Scoop all natural peanut butter

Mid snack--
Apple, whey shake

Lunch--
Tuna sand/ hole can

After snack--
Half. Chicken breast.
Banana

Dinner--
Chicken, fish or steak. 4 oz pasta, hot sauce.

Late snack
2 raw eggs
Whey
Low fat milk
Greek yogurt( protein drink)

Bf bed--
Same as above.

I need help. When I write it down like this I can see it don't look right. Help. I want to burn some fat. Maybe get down to 15% bf

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Do you workout in the mornings? Dont eat carbs about 6 hours before you go to bed. Then if you get 6 hours of sleep your body goes 12 hrs total without carbs. Workout in the morning to get your metabolism and the "fat furnace" going and eat carbs/protein/fats untill 6 hrs prior to bed. Then only eat pro/fat.

It would prolly be best to post this in the Nutritional part of the forums.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Definitely need to start actually looking at the macronutritional intake and the total calories rather than just the foods you're eating. I sent you a response to your PM.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I use myfitnesspal.com track your cals for a few days and figure out what your macros usually look like then from there make some changes. You dont want to make drastic changes too fast you want to do them slowly so you can get used to them and not just give up when you realize the changes might seem extreme

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I had the live strong app. It just took time and I lost interest in it fast. Problem is, it still bugs me that I didn't do it. It's almost like taking the step into a 110% of body building. I don't know, just a big step for some reason. Even after all the time in the gym. Well, thats probably why they say the easy work is in the gym.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I had the live strong app. It just took time and I lost interest in it fast. Problem is, it still bugs me that I didn't do it. It's almost like taking the step into a 110% of body building. I don't know, just a big step for some reason. Even after all the time in the gym. Well, thats probably why they say the easy work is in the gym.
you dont need to do it forever. Just do it for a few days so you know what you usually eat. Heck you can log the past 3 days since u already ate those foods just to see what you should change

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Yes I am going to put my meals together for a full day. Do you plan out your meals. That's what I am trying to do now. Just eat the same meals day in and day out. Well according to lifting days and cardio days. I need to get this down to a T. I spend way to much time and money on this not to do this last step.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you workout in the mornings? Dont eat carbs about 6 hours before you go to bed. Then if you get 6 hours of sleep your body goes 12 hrs total without carbs. Workout in the morning to get your metabolism and the "fat furnace" going and eat carbs/protein/fats untill 6 hrs prior to bed. Then only eat pro/fat.
there's no evidence that following that is particularly helpful. If anything studies have shown the reverse. carbs at night make sure your glycogen stores are full, and instead of burning muscle and aminos during the night it uses glycogen. The difference isn't big anyhow either way on that.

Also separately, if you are talking about keeping insulin low to burn fat, you shouldn't have carbs after your workout. Beyond the workout itself, the EPOC (Excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) effects for the next few hours would have heightened fat burning capability, so keeping carbs low then would make more sense....

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I think I'm going to side with easyE. The no carb idea is almost like the warrior diet . Never tried the diet but looked into it a small amount. Not easy to find the answers ......