Shut down cycle early?

jtraininsane

Awards
Hey guys!

tl;dr:

>cycling hdrol 75mg 6 weeks, with 600mg stano
>really bad insomnia
>6 days into cycle
>hardening effects, some mild gains (1-2lbs)
>no shutdown
>Want to shut down cycle now to see if the hdrol is effecting my sleeping
>not going to treat one drug with another powerful sleeping drug

Should I run nolva at a low dose just to be safe? (10mg ?)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm. Just run the nolva maybe for a week? I'm just tossing out ideas here. If it was me and I HAD to stop I'd just run my OTC pct stuff. If gyno was happening I'd add nolva and do proper pct with the serm in this case.

Tried some melatonin? Thats a great anti oxidant and it neuro protective. Also a great sleep aid. I wouldn't consider it a drug either.
Or you could just try to wind down more, don't use the computer close to bed, sleep in a pitch black room etc.

jtraininsane

Awards
hey thanks for the reply!

I might low dose nolva for a week or so. It's a shame too because I could see hdrol was beginning to work its magic.....however sleep>gains and sunken eyes. I didn't bother with OTC PCT. I have serms and t boosters at hand (on top of stuff like hawthorn, milk thistle, etc). I don't think I need to worry about anything like cortisol or estrogen because I'm not really shut down (80% libido).

No other sides, just insomnia :| I guess I was built to be 'natty'

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Insomnia happens to some when they don't have a test-base in their cycle. Maybe consider rs-transaderm or m1D "base" for your next shot at a run.

ManBeast

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Insomnia happens to some when they don't have a test-base in their cycle. Maybe consider rs-transaderm or m1D "base" for your next shot at a run.

ManBeast
Nice to know!! Yea I think my next cycle will have both the transaderm and the forma stanzol (for any estrogen sides)

akaVeritaS

Awards
What about trying to supplement with some l-dopa and p-5-p first before calling it quits?

jtraininsane

Awards
As you can tell from the time of the OP, I was in a fit of insomniac rage lol.

I may get a script for some ambien, I have tried melatonin and it didn't help. I might pick up some valerian while I'm at it!

I will look into l-dopa (dosage?) and 5-p-5 (which is just b6, no?).

I guess I hadn't anticipated that insomnia is just part of the game...does it get better or is it something I need to deal with?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I use vma and melatonin and I've had sleeping issues my whole life bad. I dose heavy on melatonin 10mg and my vma is in a product called nightcap vma. About an hour in bed tryin to zone out and I fall asleep. Could try that or I have a better idea... Place all your remaining unopened vials into a small flat rate box and send them to me! You'll sleep better knowing they're being well taken care of ;-) .... No really I'm dead serious :-1

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As you can tell from the time of the OP, I was in a fit of insomniac rage lol.

I may get a script for some ambien, I have tried melatonin and it didn't help. I might pick up some valerian while I'm at it!

I will look into l-dopa (dosage?) and 5-p-5 (which is just b6, no?).

I guess I hadn't anticipated that insomnia is just part of the game...does it get better or is it something I need to deal with?
Ambien works well. High dose melatonin is bad for your brain. Studies have shown even though it's "natural" it still effects chemicals. Natural doesn't not equal safe.

I wake up drowsy after valerian root too. Ambien I was on for 3 weeks post-op cause of insomnia caused by oxy's. I passed out on it and woke up refreshed daily. But you will hallucinate, hardcore, if you don't go to sleep after taking it

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, melatonin is my "go-to" but I'll pop a 3mg pill at most about once a month (But I haven't had to use one in... 6 months I think?). I've always been a "good sleeper" except when my stress was ramped up beyond nuts combined with an vampiric roomie who stayed up making noise all night and sleeping during the day...

ManBeast