nizoral and acne

marksdiman123

Awards
I have oil prone skin and have been using nizoral maybe once a week to prevent breakouts. I don't like having acne but I don't want low testosterone either, and I was wondering if it possible that the antiandrogenic effects of nizoral are getting into my system. I know I might be overly worried, so I wanted some opinions of anyone else who might use this.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have oil prone skin and have been using nizoral maybe once a week to prevent breakouts. I don't like having acne but I don't want low testosterone either, and I was wondering if it possible that the antiandrogenic effects of nizoral are getting into my system. I know I might be overly worried, so I wanted some opinions of anyone else who might use this.
Isn't the antiandrogen effects more common with spiro? Ive never noticed any anti-a effects with niz.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Isn't the antiandrogen effects more common with spiro? Ive never noticed any anti-a effects with niz.
yeah I think you're right.....I used to use nizoral in my hair, let it sit in there....and while I waited I'd wash my face with the suds on my hands from the shampoo lol...kill 2 birds with one stone I figured....