Seeking veteran opinions.

p53tsg

Awards
First time poster after months of lurking. Seeking advice on potential first cycle, still undecided. I've read most of the stickies, perused other forums, and I'm getting closer to making a decision.

The requisite background:

~lifted throughout teens for football, built a foundation (but had no concept of diet)
~neglected the gym in college (4 years)
~been back at it with proper diet and training for 2 years. currently 24 years old. 5'10, approx 170 lbs, 11-12% body fat

Here's why I'm considering anabolics:
~I haven't added the kind of size I've always wanted, though I've gotten a lot stronger.
~I've hit a strength plateau.
~In the 2 years since resuming training, I've spent about 16 months of that on a planned 300-500 cal surplus, yet gained plenty of fat (so I suspect my surplus was probably greater). But here I am stuck at 170 lbs.

I don't have the same goals as some do. I don't plan on competing, I don't have any aspiration to be 230 lbs shredded. I simply want the size that I expected when straightening out my training and diet 2 years ago. Adding 10-15 lbs of LBM would be more than adequate for my goals.

With mild goals, I've done most of my research on the milder anabolics. I'm considering two paths:

~your typical beginner test cycle.
~an anavar only cycle.
~or recommend me something.

I have the slightest of post-pubertal gyno, so I'm a little afraid of the test to be completely honest. But I don't know if the anavar would be potent enough to even mess with.

TL;DR, sorry. But if you have an opinion, I'd greatly appreciate any advice, whether it be to forget the idea or go for it. Thanks bros.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'd look into some of the prohormones actually instead of those options, anavar as you said is a bit too mild, and the test does have the chance of aromatising and exasterbating your pre-existing gyno. One that immedicately comes to mind is helladrol (checkout Dylan's log in cycle info for a great example of what this compound can do), and its relatively reasonably priced, and legal to acquire!

The major "risks" of running a cycle without a test base are lethargy and loss of libido, although everyone reacts differently.

The other downside of a prohormone vs. test is that test will require less support suppliments while on. But all in all, I think a helladrol cycle for about 6 weeks should get you where you are wanting to be.

ManBeast