Please Review My Test Results - Doctor Was NO Help

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Guys,

I'm 35, great shape, longtime lifter, 190lbs, 12% BF.

I got some blood tests done after doing a month long cycle of SNS DAA and Triazole. I started to notice a dip in my libido and erection quality, so I stopped both products and here are the main components to the test results (left out the irrlevent parts).

-Prolactin - normal
-Cholesterol - good
-FSH - 2.4 U/L (1.5 - 13.0)
-LH - 4.8 U/L (2.0 - 10.0)
-Testosterone - 14.3 (11.5 - 32.0)
-TSH - 0.33 mU/L (0.4 - 3.5) - ***ALARMING - I'm below the normal range and my doctor said I need a follow up test to see if I have a thyroid disease****

WOW! I am VERY surprised but it appears my FSH, LH, and Testosterone are ALL on the low side. This is crazy, because right before I started this stack was masturbation every day (sometimes 3 times a day), horny as usual, and able to perform in bed beautifully.

Can anyone please comment on this based on experience? I am going to a new doctor or endo to help me figure out if I'm suffering from HYPERthyroidism.

I cannot make sense of any of this. Thanks!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
did you get SHBG tested?

ManBeast

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey ManBeast, thanks! I actually did not do the test to see the effectiveness of the cycle, so there are no BEFORE tests, so there was no SHGB. I was just wondering why my libido was way up BEFORE this 4 week cycle (dosed 4weeks triazole/2 weeks DAA) and since the end of the cycle my libido is STILL down a month afterward. My urologists response was to order a "standard" blood test for hormones.

I had the blood tests done 1.5 weeks ago and here are the results. It makes me wonder if my FSH, LH, and Testosterone was on the LOW side before starting the cycle, but what doesn't make any sense is that my libido was just fine BEFORE cycle and it **** now, a month AFTER cycle.

Also disconcerting, is my TSH levels and the possibility of me having Hyperthyroidism.

Many thanks for taking a look at it.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Its not as likely, but it is possible to be a "horny" guy with lower test levels. The *only* thing that could have happened (as both of those products are non-suppressive) is that you started andropause while on them. I really don't think that those products shut you down or caused these issues. I'm pretty sure low TSH is hypothyroidism, and I am also pretty sure that neither of those products caused it either.

ManBeast

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks ManBeast. I am going back for more tests. I hear you on the Andropause. I would have thought it would have been GRADUAL, rather than SUDDEN. I'll update once I get my second test results in a month.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
It can be both (just like menopause) and can be exasterbated by all sortsa things (stress being a major one).

ManBeast

adnscmplx

Awards
Bro-

I wouldn't make anything of the LH, FSH, or Test. They are in the normal range. I don't think lower end, higher end really means much. There are about two million factors that we don't know about so don't draw any conclusions about your ability to gain muscle, libido, etc.

T3 and T4 are the active thyroid hormones (from the thyroid gland) and they work in a negative feedback loop with the pituitary gland, which secretes TSH (stands for thyroid stimulating hormone). If TSH is low, it can be because 1) T3 and T4 are high so there is more negative feedback or 2) The pituitary gland is not secreting enough TSH. In the former scenario T4 will be high (hyperthyroidism), in the latter it will be low (hypothyroidism). I'm betting you are going back in to have your T4 tested to figure out which one it is.

Your TSH is so close to the normal range that it might be incidental, not due to an actual disease and nothing to worry about. I'm not an endocrinologist but when I have seen people with hyper functioning thyroid nodules, graves disease, etc (real hyperthyroidism) TSH is usually <0.01 so 0.33 looks pretty normal.

I doubt DAA or Triazole had anything to do with anything.