Cardio? How much should be done?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
This is such a broad question, and it really doesn't belong in this forum without a lot more info... are you just trying to get your post count up?

ManBeast

xeusme

Awards
I'm trying to get an understanding. I'm new to this and I'm trying to collect as much data before I jump on my next journey.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
random action / supp: worthwhile?

What is the the larry king approach to posting? To pro skateboarder: "how important is the board" no joke he asked that once...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
anabolics and cardio = counter productive? Honest question. natty here but just wondering. enough for heart health but not enough to really burn a ton of calories (like regular bulking) right?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Depends on if the gear is being used for pure bulking or for recomp/cutting purposes.

ManBeast

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
and with that this thread is some what on topic for the section it was posted to :)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cardio should always be done, regardless of what you are using.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, the amount and intensity is what needs to be varied, what's the point of having beast-like muscles if your heart is as useless as tits on a boar?

ManBeast

Last edited:
nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like a ***** doing it, but a nice 30 minute walk 3-4 times a week is great for heart health, especially on cycle

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I feel like a ***** doing it, but a nice 30 minute walk 3-4 times a week is great for heart health, especially on cycle
Right...
45 minute walk is great.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Lol.... I hired a trainer and when asked what my goals were, I said 240 at 6% body fat,,, 350lb bench press and to run 12 miles in an hour and a half all while being able to straight leg palm the ground,,,, why be strong and slow,,, why be fast and weak,,, why be any of that and be fragile??? I want it all and am damned willing to do what it takes to get there!!!!!

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
sometimes i just do like a 10 minute light jog before workouts gets me a little warmed up and i feel ready to go :p also gives my pre wo more time to kick in before i hit the weights lol

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
cardio is for pusssies.
You are what you eat!

Seriously though I just picked it back up again after every workout. I used to like running trails in AZ at 185 but at 225 my knees go to crap cus I'm bow legged like a cowboy. Now I do 30 minutes elliptical and zone out and then a few 3 minute rounds hitting the heavy bag and jumping rope till I have nothing left. Makes me feel more accomplished leaving the gym plus It's knocking down my holiday beer belly I grew. Doh!