Don't kill me for asking this

S

STFUANDTRAIN

Awards
Alright so I've took 4 cycles in my life....I've learned everything about how to/dosages and anything I needed to know from two pro's I became friends with when I was young. And they have always told me the do's and don'ts and I've never asked questions. I have never had alcohol on a cycle but I have had alcohol while on my PCT....I think I drank once or some **** on my first two cycles in the pct but on my 3rd one I didn't drink the whole time on the cycle, and on my PCT but the day I got off my PCT I was in Panama City, FL for spring break.....so I drank for 6 days straight and i got gyno a couple weeks later (I really don't know if I got an estrogen rebound from all the drinking but I assume thats what caused it). ANYWAYS, the point of this whole spill was what are the side effects of drinking while on a cycle or pct? I know it also depends on what your taking and the strength of your product/effects on liver etc. But my main reason for posting this is to gain information because I've never learned it so don't attack me for asking a question I don't know the answer to. Also, I'm going to a Lamb of God concert next saturday which will be my last day of my ph im on (ultradrol) and i reallllllly wanna drink...haha

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Alcohol (Ethanol) will increase your estrogen levels, so intake is directly counterproductive to your PCT. Alcohol is also known to decrease testosterone. It's always advised to not consume alcohol.

Realistically, I know not drinking at all is unlikely. For your LoG concert (and it'll be fukcing awesome I guarantee. They're phenomenal live), I'd stop the ultradrol cycle a day or two before if you're absolutely dead set on drinking. Your liver is in a jeaprodized state from the cycle already, but I wouldn't make it worse by taking UD and drinking in the same day. At least stop your cycle the day before. One extra day won't make a noticeable difference with your mass gain anyway, so let your liver deal with one toxic substance at a time.

Also just me trolling, but UD is an active AAS and not a PH.

Of course the official answer is avoid alcohol. It's effects are detrimental in general and especially while on orals. Have fun at LoG.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you can't refrain from drinking on cycle, in pct, when ever, regardless of the consequences, you are an addict, and should get some counseling.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
If you can't refrain from drinking on cycle, in pct, when ever, regardless of the consequences, you are an addict, and should get some counseling.
That's a bit brash don't you think? Moderation is the key with everything. I like an occasional glass or two of red wine in the evenings to wind down from rough day or just because it sounds good but to say I'm an addict because of it is rediculous. I think that concert would be hype enough personally you wouldn't need to drink but a couple beers wouldn't hurt. moderation and be mindful of how your body reacted last time, man tits would keep me from goin on a binder more then anything.

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hate to say it... But I'm set on drinking tonight.. I'm on cycle, I just didn't take my ph today and took extra liver care and kidney care. Are livers heal quickly.. A few nights won't kill us just add a few extra days into pct.. That's my opinion

Also have a great time! That will be a sick concert!!

str8jacked23

str8jacked23

Awards
It's harsh 2 say he's an addict! I know SEVERAL who drink on/off cycle. NBD, but u should take care of yourself. Drink up and screw naysayers!!!!'

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
It's harsh 2 say he's an addict! I know SEVERAL who drink on/off cycle. NBD, but u should take care of yourself. Drink up and screw naysayers!!!!'
On an injectable I'd think one night of drinking is most likely not a huge risk but I just re read and realized he's taking an oral. I'd be very careful on that. I think one or two the limit to stay safe. I've had a real bad experience on SD because of its toxicity to the liver and I was not drinking. Will never do a ph or oral ever again.

S

STFUANDTRAIN

Awards
Appreciate everything guys and ****....My testosterone will probably go up just from going to the concert haha I'm really just scared of gyno happening from one night of drinking because I got on letro before and shrinked it from like an almond to 3/4 the size it was...

E

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I avoid it altogether when on cycle and maybe go light one or two weekends in pct, emphasis on the light

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I gave up smoking and drinking to go on cycle. Is giving up drinking really that hard for you?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Blood pressure concerns with dymethazine

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there was a recent thread on this, and i posted an explanation of how and why, so the reason for my short, blunt answer.

and the clinical definition of an addict is one who chooses to continue their behavior, even when they know there will be negative consequences.
The level of addiction will depend on how sever the consquences the person is risking to engage in their behavior.

if you are bodybuilding, powerlifting, w/e type of athlete, and you are at the point of using steroids, then you are at a level where you attempting to be at your best. this means leaving out all the things you know will hurt you from becoming the best.

alcohol is poison. you get an effect from it because that is a reaction to the poison. so yes, even one drink is taking a step backwards.

the op stated he has experienced pretty negative consequences from drinking, and he also stated he kept it tight the first couple times, but the last time, he lost it, and now has man boobs.

okay, a person who isn't an addict would, and thinking logically, would want to abstain from any and all alcohol for a while until they know how to control themselves, and the problems that came from their past binge, are fixed.

but the op isn't considering that, he is asking strangers on a anabolics forum to enable him by giving him the "eh it's okay".

yes, I drink every once in a while, hell, I have a michelob ultra lime/cactus opened up infront of me. but thats all i'll drink, just that one. and this is the last of a 6 pack, that I bought about 7 months ago.

5-6 beers and im drunk and ready to go to sleep.

a far cry from when I was 19-24.

kansui

kansui

Awards
there was a recent thread on this, and i posted an explanation of how and why, so the reason for my short, blunt answer.

and the clinical definition of an addict is one who chooses to continue their behavior, even when they know there will be negative consequences.
The level of addiction will depend on how sever the consquences the person is risking to engage in their behavior.

if you are bodybuilding, powerlifting, w/e type of athlete, and you are at the point of using steroids, then you are at a level where you attempting to be at your best. this means leaving out all the things you know will hurt you from becoming the best.

alcohol is poison. you get an effect from it because that is a reaction to the poison. so yes, even one drink is taking a step backwards.

the op stated he has experienced pretty negative consequences from drinking, and he also stated he kept it tight the first couple times, but the last time, he lost it, and now has man boobs.

okay, a person who isn't an addict would, and thinking logically, would want to abstain from any and all alcohol for a while until they know how to control themselves, and the problems that came from their past binge, are fixed.

but the op isn't considering that, he is asking strangers on a anabolics forum to enable him by giving him the "eh it's okay".

yes, I drink every once in a while, hell, I have a michelob ultra lime/cactus opened up infront of me. but thats all i'll drink, just that one. and this is the last of a 6 pack, that I bought about 7 months ago.

5-6 beers and im drunk and ready to go to sleep.

a far cry from when I was 19-24.
This is an excellent explanation to the OP. Your posts are usually always brash and even antagonistic but quite called for in this case.
If your on cycle simply don't drink, if you can't do this, then don't go on cycle. The shining truth of this post is that you OP know its not the right thing to do but want members here to enable you as jbry has mentioned.
Just don't drink and be proud of yourself the next day by having displayed some self discipline.
Enjoy your concert.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just keep giving jbry rep points.

It's nice that he gave the longer explanation, but it wasn't even really needed.

The first post may have seemed blunt, but it's just like a diet, except your body is under more stress. If you can't plan (especially with a short oral cycle that lasts 4-6 weeks) a cycle that doesn't include drinking, you should really re-think things. If you know you're going on SB, finish up your cycle BEFORE. If you've got a concert you know about, same thing. If it's spur of the moment, then just suck it up and don't drink.

Can you drink on cycle? Sure. I just don't know why people invest so much money, time and effort into cycles, PCTs and everything else and so easily give into giving up gains/progress and getting the most out of it.

I

Icepray

Awards
Drink 1 beer, don't get sh*tfaced at the concert I'd say... I keep partying except I take my car so I can't drink lol works for me... Tho I have 1 big night where I will end up drinking, i don't think 1 week on 8 weeks will do much harm but then again you are on orals, so I'd be more careful cause of your liver

S

STFUANDTRAIN

Awards
I didn't ask for a lecture, I asked a question (and put emphasis on the to gain information part). Gettting on here and describing what the definition of an addict to me is stupid. I wanted to know the effects of drinking on cycle and pct. You could have easily said it keeps you from reaching your goals or the negative sides (like I asked). For your infromation I drink maybe once or twice a month while not on cycle because it ****s with my endurance in the gym. I'm 21 years old and love nutrition and working out...I'm not competing and to lecture me about being an addict is insane...get off here and take your ****ty advice elsewhere.

A

andy148lbs

Awards
I dont want to find out what happens when you drink on a cycle or durning PCT......not trying to be a d*** but just dont drink.