Checklist before thinking about a cycle

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I have been noticing that people have been posting a lot of threads asking for advice on cycles when they should actually be thinking if they should even go on a cycle.
Well here is my attempt to throw all of the information I have compiled over the last few months to help people make the right decisions.

Check list before even thinking of cycles.

The yes section
1) Are you 21 or older?
2) Have you hit your natural potential or close to it?
3) Do you know what your goals are?
4) Do you know what your macro/ micro nutrient intake is?
5) Have you trained with intensity for at least 6 months?
6) Have you tried alternatives to anabolics? (Natural test boosters, creatine, pre-workouts, etc)
7) Do you have access to a gym and go regularly?
8) Do you realize the risks of anabolics?
9) Do you have the ability to get a proper PCT?
If you are wondering what PCT means check here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html

The no section
10) Do you have high blood pressure, kidney disease, heart problems, or diabetes?
11) Do you have a family history of high blood pressure, kidney disease, heart issues, liver failure or male pattern baldness?
12) Are you on anti-depressants?
13) Have you ever been diagnosed, depression, schizophrenia or other mental illness?

Ok you have passed the checklist with flying colors now what?
Research lots of it.
Good sources of information
TunedSports.com - Legal Anabolic Steroid & Pro-hormone Supplement Blog.
Primordial Performance | Nutritional Supplements and Fitness Supplements For Improved Body Contour and Sexual Prowess
Prohormone Database: Prohormones, Designer Steroid, Bodybuilding Supplements
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/128379-do-your-research.html
The Truths & Facts About Prohormones & Growth Hormones In Bodybuilding - Muscleblitz.com
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
http://www.steroid.com/

I hope this helps people make good decisions.
If you feel like adding or changing anything let me know.

Last edited:
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This could be helpful.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
eh, i would of only answered a few of those yes's when I ran my first cycle (of 4-androstenediol)

would of got all the no's.

do i wish i waited? no, not really. I was happy with the results, and the learning experience of loosing all the gains from that caused me to research like a mofo.
the more I learn, the more I find out I dont know.

srblan

Awards
  • Established
eh, i would of only answered a few of those yes's when I ran my first cycle (of 4-androstenediol)

would of got all the no's.

do i wish i waited? no, not really. I was happy with the results, and the learning experience of loosing all the gains from that caused me to research like a mofo.
the more I learn, the more I find out I dont know.
You're the exception, rather than the rule, though. I went the same route as you - chose a mild first cycle (original 1-AD and 4-AD) and didn't really know enough to maximize it, but for every one of the "us-es" out there, there are 20 guys who try a 6 weeker with superdrol and no PCT or liver supports.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Research is so valuable, I read a bunch of forums for well over a year before my first cycle. Horror stories of people losing gains and getting ed is a good reason to research. I like the check list as a general guide line.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
What a great quote "the more I learn the more I find out how much I don't know"

C Rex

C Rex

Awards
If only people would READ and honestly ABIDE by this thread... To many people trying to take the easy way out and end up learning the hard way...Good post, Gerbil. I will be referring people to this thread whenever possible..

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I've got it in my sig, `nuf said!

ManBeast

dialtone

Awards
From what I have seen around here people need to be focusing a lot more time and effort on #4 - setting up a proper diet. I see (and sadly know) people who buy a **** load of juice but neglect their diets, then when they don't see the results they expected (which is usually unattainable from a single cycle anyway), they go out and buy double the juice... craziness.

21"GunSalute

21"GunSalute

Awards
From what I have seen around here people need to be focusing a lot more time and effort on #4 - setting up a proper diet. I see (and sadly know) people who buy a **** load of juice but neglect their diets, then when they don't see the results they expected (which is usually unattainable from a single cycle anyway), they go out and buy double the juice... craziness.
You hit it dead on. Diet is the most important thing to get the best out of your cycle. Why waste the time and the stress on you body if your not going to do it right. I heard a quote from a pro before, cant remember who, but he said he would much rather miss a workout than miss a meal. This stuck with me.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
Fully agree here I just finished my first PH ever and I had supports and PCT in place and extra just in case before I ever received my stuff.
Diet needs to be spot on for your goals before you all extra crap in.
By the way 21Gun I think it was Rage from universal who said that.

Anabolic850

Anabolic850

Banned
Awards
Thats why if people start talking cycle use around me I will hook them up with everything they need including serms for a cool 300 bucks.Pct,test boosters and all.Pmag or halodrol for 6 weeks.Cycle assist or support.PCT assist or support with clomid,or torem.Fish oil,animal flex packs.A light AI during the last 2 weeks of pct.Depending on their goals a cortisol blocker.Thats how my first cycle was setup,smooth as a babies butt.Id rather them let me do it because since its not me or my money I dont mind going all out on support supps and test boosters while making an extra 50 bucks for me to get a bottle of something cool,lol.

robertscdn

Awards
Hey anabolic850 could you pm me so we could have a little discussion on the subject!! I'm a complete virgin on this subject and don't wanna make any stupid decisions my first cycle!! Just wanna know the best route for me to take and to learn more on the subject before I do anything stupid!!
Thanks

P_MIKE_V

P_MIKE_V

Awards
mmmmm delicious post! So much information :22:

BHeart

Awards
And it is that reckless behavior that cost "US" all access to products that work, in the long run.
You're the exception, rather than the rule, though. I went the same route as you - chose a mild first cycle (original 1-AD and 4-AD) and didn't really know enough to maximize it, but for every one of the "us-es" out there, there are 20 guys who try a 6 weeker with superdrol and no PCT or liver supports.

BHeart

Awards
no matter how hard you try, this problem will still be here. you cant fix stupid. thats not really fair because most of these guys are more naive than stupid. some want to learn and do the best they can while others want to pop a pill and look like ronnie coleman in 2 months. i blame alot of this on the supp companies that push these hormonals to anybody with cash. i was flipping through some of my old magazines last night with advertisements for otc designers from before the first prohormone ban. i want to laugh at the claims made. some even claim things like no suppression and no sides. i figure the same thing is still going on.
I would almost guarantee that it is still happening. It's pretty hard for a company to tell you "openly" that their product will require you to buy a controlled substance (i.e. serm) in order to safely rebalance your system (while maintaining your gains).

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
By the power of Grayskull! BUMP THIS AND STICKY

barrymcokiner

Banned
Awards
First two cycles I ran, my answers would have been NO to all of your YES questions.- Besides access to a gym, which I don't understand you would even post that. Anyhow, you don't need to count macros or hit your natural potential in order to take a DS. This is called being overly cautious- there are many PH's out there that don't even need PCT or a specific age. People mature at different ages also- 21 is just a number some dink threw out there. If you are running SD, then having PCT and Support Supps is obviously important, but not for all DS/PH's. People make PH/DS's sound way more harsh than they truly are. Its the dumbasses that run SD/MSten/DMZ all at once that ruin **** for the rest of us.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
First two cycles I ran, my answers would have been NO to all of your YES questions.- Besides access to a gym, which I don't understand you would even post that. Anyhow, you don't need to count macros or hit your natural potential in order to take a DS.
No, but this is a test to see where you are in your lifting career.

This is called being overly cautious- there are many PH's out there that don't even need PCT or a specific age.
False.

People mature at different ages also- 21 is just a number some dink threw out there. If you are running SD, then having PCT and Support Supps is obviously important, but not for all DS/PH's.
Also false. This is a general statement and if so is also incorrect. Proper age should be 25.
Organ support is always needed regardless of the cycle if you value your life and aren't masochistic.

People make PH/DS's sound way more harsh than they truly are. Its the dumbasses that run SD/MSten/DMZ all at once that ruin **** for the rest of us.
Without proper information, they can be and can ruin your life. Just because you decide to be nonchalant with your health doesn't give you the right to pass this misinformation off to others.

barrymcokiner

Banned
Awards
I'm not passing on information- I'm passing on my experience, including several others I personally know. And you can most definitely run Stano/11oxo/Furz with no PCT- I see no point in spending money on PCT for mild PH's like those. There are people on here who are just too overly cautious from what I have seen and read. There is nothing wrong with that, but the body is very forgiving.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 3
apb5106 Cycle Logs 2
General Chat 0
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 6