Should i worry about catabolism if i have hypothyroid

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I have hypothyroidism confirmed by blood tests right now I'm on 50mcg t4 and 150mgs of test a week(prescribed) since I have hypo I'm going to implement 25mcgs of t3 in before a workout and dose the t4 in the morning before a meal- I'm not concerned with catabolism as my thyroid needs it- does this make sense? Catabolism should not occur if I'm hypo correct?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I have hypothyroidism confirmed by blood tests right now I'm on 50mcg t4 and 150mgs of test a week(prescribed) since I have hypo I'm going to implement 25mcgs of t3 in before a workout and dose the t4 in the morning before a meal- I'm not concerned with catabolism as my thyroid needs it- does this make sense? Catabolism should not occur if I'm hypo correct?
Sounds like it, keep us informed on any change, or lack of

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Hyperthyroid would = catabolism, or if your hypo and supplement too much t3 then I suppose that could lead to catabolism as well. You would need to take the appropriate dosage to fix the problem but not overcompensate.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right I figured that was the case- I'm going to stay on the 50mcgs of t4 prescribed and pop 25mcg t3 and see how this works I'm going to get my levels checked again in a month

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Do you suspect you have been hypo for most of your life? Or is this a recent occurrence?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have always gained weight very easily and have a hard time shedding it- I noticed it especially when I started eating right and training- I can build muscle easy but I put on fat VERY quick and then when I cut it is insanely hard to get the lbs off

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Right I figured that was the case- I'm going to stay on the 50mcgs of t4 prescribed and pop 25mcg t3 and see how this works I'm going to get my levels checked again in a month
yeah just keep an eye on it, and adjust as you go. hard to go by "feel" with thyroid....best thing is to make changes slowly and make small changes....then get tested to see where your at. Then you will know when your in the zone you want to be in or if you need to adjust meds up or down.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I thought I was hyper when I was in high school... had a really hard time gaining weight and muscle and had a heart rate that was around 120 resting.. turned out I wasnt technically "hyper" but my thyroid output was borderline above the high cutoff. Do you feel cold more often than most people? I think my gf is hypo she is always cold and has to eat very little food.. cant seem to get her to get tested though.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
My doc thinks my thyroid might be hyper.....I do have an enlarged heart, which causes rapid heartbeat....but with the med I take (and how much I take) added to the fact my heart recovered quite nicely....he wonders why my heart rate is still sort of high. makes no sense unless maybe its the thyroid. I gotta get him to check it out next time I see him, but I hate going to doctors. I want to go see him when my test is really low as well, so I can use that as an excuse to get on TRT lol. maybe I'll go right in the middle of some supressive cycle :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
My doc thinks my thyroid might be hyper.....I do have an enlarged heart, which causes rapid heartbeat....but with the med I take (and how much I take) added to the fact my heart recovered quite nicely....he wonders why my heart rate is still sort of high. makes no sense unless maybe its the thyroid. I gotta get him to check it out next time I see him, but I hate going to doctors. I want to go see him when my test is really low as well, so I can use that as an excuse to get on TRT lol. maybe I'll go right in the middle of some supressive cycle :D
I said the exact same sh1t b4 lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP how is your heart rate? I have always been on the lower side and my metabolism has always been slow. Been pretty fat for most of my life.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Was going try it...
Brought AndroMass instead :)
yeah its a good idea, esp for me since I just turned 40 ;).....just not sure WHEN or WHAT to use when getting the blood work done. Def nothing "test" could be used since that would register as test I assume? so maybe something else, just not sure what would work to lower your natural test levels but not be detectable as test. I guess deca or tren or DHT and the like? or maybe go get tested a few weeks post cycle before starting PCT? I gotta figure it out LOL.....

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah my test was at 33 when I was tested they here tanked but of course not purposely

My resting heart rate is normal but I would get your TSH checked bro

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heh heh heh 49mgs epi for 8 wks

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Heh heh heh 49mgs epi for 8 wks
perfect! that is EXACTLY what I was thinking....out of solo androhard v3, solo androlean v3, solo andromass v3 and solo epi 6-8 weekers (what I will be doing the next 4-6 months) I figured best bet was epi of course (duh right lol). I'll be scheduling my testing towards the end of that epi cycle :D