Back pumps

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I'm at the end of my third week of P-mag (3 weeks left to go), and holy hell, these back pumps are crazy! I'm taking about 3g of Taurine so far, but will up the dosage now.

I've done two cycles of h-drol and didn't get them anywhere near this bad.

My question is, are back pumps an oral only thing? Do AAS users get back pumps? Just curious.

D

dialtone

Awards
I got insane back pumps from Anavar... so bad I had to lay down on the ground before sets. I haven't tried many forms of AAS, but I haven't experienced lower back pumps from what I have used, and I haven't heard others bring it up unless Anavar was involved... anyone else?

For the pumps try 3 grams of taurine first in the morning, 5 grams during workout, 3 grams before bed and most importantly drink loads of water.

As for the cause (quoted from diminuendo):

There is a phenomenon called a tampenade that usually occurs as a result of trauma to an area that is heavily encased in fascia. In the traumatic form, a damaged blood supply bleeds into a muscle belly until it becomes so full within the fascial body that it blooks the escape of the very blood that is overfilling it (think priapism for your muscle).

Pump is the non-traumatic version of this process. Essentially, the fascia don't really stretch, but the muscle sure does. The fascia acts like a c0ck ring. This effect is exacerbated by the presence of extra blood (PH, steroids, and vasodialators), glycogen, and lactic acid.